Priory Group Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Great experience as a qualified mental health nurse
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire30 August 2018
The Ayr clinic used to be PiC but is now Priory Group.
Working at the Ayr Clinic for me has been a great experience. I feel I need to write after reading previous reviews, albeit this is my experience, but to be fair on the teams as a whole I feel I need to share my views. As any mental health environment can bring it's challenges, particularly a secure service. Having a number of years experience in mental health I thoroughly enjoy working at the clinic as a mental health professional I am able to develop my nursing skills and knowledge which in turn allows development in best practice. (the clinic has won awards) being able to work with patients through their recovery brings satisfaction and fulfilment into the good work that the teams deliver. The management team are visible and approachable. there was a change in management a few years ago which brought positive changes to the clinic.
Staff enjoy working at the clinic and there is good team working. some staff may not settle in as it can be a challenging and acute environment, but not everyone is cut out for working with acute patients. we are specialised in working in this environment and given training to update and maintain skills.
Sometimes it can be difficult due to clinical changes on the wards and staffing needs to be increased, staff all help out to support each other and OT and bank shifts are offered. Enhanced rates for OT and paid training. All meals are provided which save me a small fortune in my weekly shop:) we eat with patients, this time is less formal and patients enjoy it. Breaks can be taken throughout
  more... the day of course at times this is hard but with teams helping each other out to organise breaks.
Im proud of being part of the teams and the effort and commitment that is put in to support the patient groups through their recovery and time of need.

experience is invaluable to help develop best practice in mental health.
Pros
Job satisfaction. Good team work- including all departments, visible and approachable management team. Opportunities for development, staff benefits, free parking, free meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) pleasant working environment
Cons
No cons - I understand it may bring challenges, but I thrive as it allows me to develop as a nurse
Greedy company, only interested in 'bums on beds'.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheadle Royal9 March 2018
Un approachable senior managers, recruited this was by no accident. Forcing staff to accept dangerous referrals, then refusing to pay staff for work related injuries. Increase in safeguarding due to in appropriate admissions.

Hang on to patients when NHS would discharge. Rude HR staff, again, no accident. Bullying managers get promotions, empathetic management are pushed out. Constant issues with staffing levels and constantly not abiding by guidelines regarding staffing levels for differing services. PURE GREED!!
Pros
It used to be brilliant before Priory took over
Cons
Priory are very greedy
Lack of support
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire3 September 2017
A good place to work - good pay and benefits. However, generally left to run the ward with a lack of management support. More support required especially in the medium secure units.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long shifts that don't always end on time for the qualified staff.
Good Place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abbey House Malvern12 August 2017
I Started at Abbey House as a student nurse and I enjoyed my placement so much I then went on the bank as a CSW after I qualified as a RUN I was offered a full time post. I worked there for 3 years I have now moved on out of the area and I had to leave my job. Over all I very much enjoyed my work at Abbey House and I felt supported by senior staff. The teams works well for the good of the patients.i wish Abbey House and all the staff well.Great place to work.
Staff Nurse RMN.
Pros
Supervision.parking.free food.
Cons
Long hours .but thats nursing for you.
Discrimition
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim19 May 2017
Horrible place to work
No salary benefits, not flexible on working hours as advertised
No job related benefits or training courses, everything learnt was at my own expense
I have worked with some very caring individuals.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Banbridge, NIR17 September 2013
Beautiful Home very high standard in appearance and facilities. Have worked with some bright and lovely people. Working at night time can be tiring and physically demanding. It can be very sad to lose clients you have cared for.
Pros
Having been employed in various care areas for some time, I would like a change of career and to try something new.
Cons
Long Hours and often very busy