Priory Group Employee Reviews for Care Worker

Greedy company more interested in money than care providing
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire3 January 2018
I work 4 years way to long for this company hoping it would get better each manager. 5 different managers in 4 years tells a story. Care staff turnover constant. Was made a senior by one manager. Next manager came along and because i had reportrd a problem about a carers rough moving and handling was told i was disrespectful to the staff. It caused me so much stress i gave senior position back. Lack of staff always agency being called in. Ehole company is just run for the money mot for the care. They dont care full stop.
Pros
Great care colleagues. Seperate staff area.
Cons
Poor wage. Poor staff turnover. Lack of management
Avoid!
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire26 October 2017
Terrible to work for, very unsupportive. Management are un approachable, not trained enough, under staffed, rude and demanding seniors and ward managers!
Pros
free meals
Cons
management, under staffed
priory
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Armagh, County Armagh19 January 2017
My typical day at work involves getting residents up washed and dressed. Making sure that the residents are having fun i.e go for walks, bus trip and days out.

The hardest part is that the management do not do much to support the care workers with any problems within the work place.

i have learnt that working in a team gives the best support to residents. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i love to see the residents smile and laugh. i feel real pride to know that we are making their lives better.
Cons
long hours, low pay, little support from management
daily tasks
Residential Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tavistock, ENG30 September 2015
encourage the young people to rise for education and transport them. on return from education encourage them to help cook their evening meal and all other aspects of life skills. be proactive encouraging them to do activities and allow them to make choices for themselves.
Official response from Priory Group
12 October 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Should you wish to discuss any of these elements in more detail, please do contact us at hrhelp@priorygroup.com

Positives of inclusion
Residential Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tavistock, ENG15 January 2015
A typical day for me would be starting with a positive with the young adults, giving them plenty of encouragement and inspiration to attend education; giving choices of how to maintain a positive attitude and how this will transfer through to their social activities later into the day.
I have learnt the young adults want their staff to be straight and honest with them, to treat them with respect and treat the young adults as their own equals. Help them make sense of their expectations and plan to take actions; and most of all, the adults I work with expect myself to be qualified in helping them manage their inappropriate behaviour; anger management, devising a wellbeing recovery action plan.
Management is consistent which offers stability to the young adults, they strive for continuity and consistency which is vital to the young adults development. All but a few of my co-workers have the same values, this enhances the young adults abilities to engage more positively. I feel the few that are set in their ways from complacency can be re-educated in new techniques and approaches.
I find assisting with defusing situations between young adults can be quite challenging, for neither young adult is prepared or be seen to back down from a confrontation. The only approach here is to try and talk, de-escalate and deflect the nature of the confrontation, turn a negative into a positive, and the rewards that can be earned from making the right choices.
My highlight to date is when one of my young adults asked me to be his key worker, he informed me I was a top bloke, that he really
  more... feels comfortable within my company, that he can talk to me for I talk to him properly, not like a child or being patronising, I include him into all the activities.  less
Pros
Seeing young adults enjoy social activities within the community and developing skills
Cons
long un-socialable hours