Priory Group Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

brill
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry15 March 2018
enjoying the working life at priory group
the residents are all so lovely and helpful within speaking out about there wishes and needs
all factors considered I would say brilliant
Worst place ever
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumbria27 December 2017
I have worked for priory for nearly two years it is the worst place I have ever worked, management are a disgrace and nurses blame carers for their incompetence. The only reason for staying are your duties as a carer for the residents and the friendships that you make with them. You are constantly on your feet and come home feeling like you've been at the gym for 12hrs. I don't mind hard work I like hard work but this takes the biscuit for a measly 7.65. Carers should be paid a good wage for the work they do and also working very understaffed most shifts. Nurses do not help carers even when understaffed (disgrace) residents don't get the care they deserve.
Pros
Non
avoid!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield10 October 2017
Staff work very hard and 9/10 times short staffed. The housekeepers do an excellent job on a daily basis, its just a shame management are only interested in making money and not the welfare of the staff.

Poor wages for the work that you do.

I highly recommend NOT to work for this company!!!
Pros
Friendly staff, who truly care.
Cons
Long hours, poor pay.
Worst place I have ever worked
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast23 April 2017
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked. The management are uninterested, the staff are gossipy and not open to newcomers. I felt excluded and victimised from the beginning. New hires do all the work while existing staff sit around. Hours are long and the job is difficult when you are pulling the weight of several lazy staff members who prefer to watch tv with residents or take them outside for a smoke and call that their day job! Sometimes I did not get paid for the hours I worked and had to chase it up. It was rectified the next month but when I have a mortgage, bills to pay and family to support it is difficult to cope.
Management does not want to listen when an issue arises and simply expect staff to deal with it themselves; and I have no idea why they employ cleaners because care staff seem to do most of it.
If you have any self respect of not apply for a job with this company........you might get it!
Cons
Nurses thier are a disgrace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knottingly, West Yorkshire4 April 2017
Knottingly priory treat you like rubbish all staff n nurses if u don't fit in click. Residents lovely but so much wrong with this place and so much neglect and emotioal abuse here is unreal can't wait to leave.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Long hours min wage bad staff more of a cleaner than carer
Excellent place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim24 March 2017
I work in the Belfast home and I honestly can't recommend it enough! We are one big family that work very hard for our residents. The nurses are great and the manager is friendly and nice to go to
Pros
Staff training, support
Care Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland11 January 2017
Good days and bad days as in any job. good days are more than bad days. Residents are what make the job so rewarding. if someone is sick we can always get help from somewhere else in the home. I have a lot of training to do my job. most of it is on the computer and I can do this from home. I used to work in the community and didn't always get my pay and was using my car to do a lot of miles. with this job I work 3 days one week and 4 days the next week, so I have time to myself.
Pros
come in do your job and go home
Cons
Sometimes young staff can be immature and talk too much
Stay clear of prioru group/amore care
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knottingley31 October 2016
Stay away from this company especially in West Yorkshire area. Management are a disgrace.
Lack of support, does not listen to their employees, short staff consistently, no breaks, always having agency.......this home commits abuse and neglect....a disgrace!!!!!
Pros
NOthing
Cons
Awful awful awful management
no comment
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, ENG12 December 2015
I made real friends with residents while I was working there.
I will be missing them. It was very good experience for me in my life.
fun workplace
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, ENG29 June 2014
Practice according with standards of care. Meeting individuals needs.
Pros
free lunches