Priory Group Employee Reviews in Stockport

See reviews about:
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport20 March 2017
My typical day at work included supporting service users on the ward with a variety of different activities to help them to recover. this was a very satisfying and rewarding job.
Caring Committed Supportive Workforce
Lead Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport, ENG28 July 2015
I have been with the company for several years and although there were indeed teething problems I am fully committed to the Priory philosophy.

The team I work with, regardless of how high the turnover may be, are always supportive and friendly and adaptable. The Priory does a fantastic job of employing those with a 'can do' attitude, which is one of the most important aspects of working within this environment. Even the most challenging of days can be made bearable with this kind of team around you.

Working in a secure environment can prove challenging. Although this may be "the hardest part of the job" in the eyes of some, for me it provides the strongest feeling of acheivement and personal reward when the team and myself successfully manage challenging situations effectively and assist our service users along the path of their recovery in their time with us.

The money is always an area for debate and the starting wage is indeed not fanatastic for the new and less experienced, which rings true for almost all professions these days, however there are opportunities to progress and increments in wage following the end of each tax year. Also working weekends and less sociable hours provide further enhancements to your wage packet.

Currently in my hospital we have a strong management team around who are all approachable, helpful, knowledgeable and will move mountains to assist their workforce. The senior management team is second to none and I can't offer enough superlatives to our new hospital director who has galvanised the hospital team and given them a greater sense
  more... of direction.

I highly recommend working within the priory to all who may be interested in a career in healthcare. The opportunities to progress are plenty and when you find the correct environment for you, you'll be happy to stay for a long time.
Pros
Supportive team, flexible working hours, rewarding job, continually changing incentives to retain experienced staff
Cons
Not the best pay for less experienced staff.