Priory Group Employee Reviews in Malvern

Good Place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abbey House Malvern12 August 2017
I Started at Abbey House as a student nurse and I enjoyed my placement so much I then went on the bank as a CSW after I qualified as a RUN I was offered a full time post. I worked there for 3 years I have now moved on out of the area and I had to leave my job. Over all I very much enjoyed my work at Abbey House and I felt supported by senior staff. The teams works well for the good of the patients.i wish Abbey House and all the staff well.Great place to work.
Staff Nurse RMN.
Pros
Supervision.parking.free food.
Cons
Long hours .but thats nursing for you.
Terrible place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbey House Malvern30 June 2017
Where do I start when talking about this place. Set in the lovely surroundings of the Malvern hills, this is a truly beautiful place to work. Unfortunately, along with the free meals, that's the only possitives about working here. Since the new management, Abbey House has become a very unsafe, miserable and unorganized place to work. Dangerously short staffed on the ward especially at night where only 3 staff look after over 20 men. There have been plenty of incidents where staff have had to hide in the office and call the police due to not having enough staff to control the situation. During the day, management hide away in the offices or constantly go out for cigarette breaks leaving hardly no staff to run the ward. The only time you see them is when CQC are visiting and then they make out they're on the ward all the time. Staff rota's are changed daily and your shifts are all over the place, sometimes working a day shift and then a night shift the following day. You could come in after a day off and then be told your shift has changed and you're no longer in that day. The salary is one of the worst in this sector and you only tend to get on if you're related or a friend of the ward manager.
My advice to anyone thinking about working here, look elsewhere!
Pros
Free meals, surroundings
Cons
Everything else