Priory Group Employee Reviews in Maidstone

Fab place to work
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Maidstone12 January 2017
Working at priory has it ups and downs... yes it's long days, yes it can be tiring, yes it can be stressful, yes it can be challenging. But it's care work, you sign up for it! I myself believe this job has opened doors that no other job would have! I have the joys of working with some fantastic colleagues, I now class many of them as my friends! I spend the majority of my time having a laugh with the guys, going on big days out, helping the guys live independently, supporting them to grow! It might entail some time throwing yourself into challenging behaviour but that's just life!
In terms of improvement, the service i Work at is currently under going some major changes. The management team are constantly trying to improve the service and support the staff! And with a new manager and team leaders and deputy managers i feel happier here than ever! I've had the chance to learn so much through training, which is up to date and relevant!
Fabulous place to work, if your up for it we would be happy to have you! (+the staff nights out are banta)!
On this page there are a lot of reviews that are negative, this job isn't for everyone, but if it's for you then you will love it!
Rubbish company do NOT bother
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Maidstone18 March 2016
I worked for this company for over a year. It was ok at first but after 2 managers left and a 3rd was hired you can kind of already guess what a rubbish company this is. As for salary getting abused, broken bones to staff abuse screamed at and attacked on a daily basis due to lack of training and service users placed in the wrong service everything else was ok. The staff team was strong as we had to be just the get through the dreadful back to back 14 hour shifts without a break. Some staff members doing a 24 hour shift or even over that with NO sleep or breaks. The management was rubbish and so was the duty managers support there was none. The team leaders were fab only because they could see as well how bad craegmoor runs their care homes. It's all about profit and money no matter how at risk they put other service users. Staff underpaid month by month extortionate amounts of money hundreds of pounds. This particular home in the south east should be closed before staff or service users get seriously hurt.
Pros
Free food if there was any.
Cons
Long hours no break no support broken bones lack of training