Priory Group Employee Reviews in Belfast

shocking place
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim26 September 2017
Shocking place to work, Management hang you out to dry. No resident should be placed within this facility as they are not suited. Staff are not trained to deal with the residents complex behaviours. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
horrible management and most of the staff
Worst place I have ever worked
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast23 April 2017
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked. The management are uninterested, the staff are gossipy and not open to newcomers. I felt excluded and victimised from the beginning. New hires do all the work while existing staff sit around. Hours are long and the job is difficult when you are pulling the weight of several lazy staff members who prefer to watch tv with residents or take them outside for a smoke and call that their day job! Sometimes I did not get paid for the hours I worked and had to chase it up. It was rectified the next month but when I have a mortgage, bills to pay and family to support it is difficult to cope.
Management does not want to listen when an issue arises and simply expect staff to deal with it themselves; and I have no idea why they employ cleaners because care staff seem to do most of it.
If you have any self respect of not apply for a job with this company........you might get it!
Excellent place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim24 March 2017
I work in the Belfast home and I honestly can't recommend it enough! We are one big family that work very hard for our residents. The nurses are great and the manager is friendly and nice to go to
Pros
Staff training, support
Lovely and homely environment
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim13 January 2017
I've been working with the company for two years now.  I see this work place as a big family looking after each others staff and residents as this is their home and staff spends most of the time here than at home. Sometimes is hard and stressful because it's a big responsability we have in our hands and we want to do our best. We moan we cry but in the end we all have a laugh together like any other family. This staff does go over to do their best and take the extra mile it's a pity that some people can't see it. It isn't a easy job and this staff does a brilliant job and it's recognised. Dealing with challenging behaviour is extremely stressful and our staff is very well experienced dealing with it. I have a lot of time for my team and to my residents and so do they I think we work very well together and we came along very strong. Our management is very approachable, fair, caring and deals with issues very well to ensure a high quality standard of care to the residents. The home is very clean and spacious and offers a good selection at meal times.
Pros
The opportunity to make a difference in people's lives and their families
Cons
Unfortunately the long busy hours that never seem enough sometimes
If you have any respect for yourself stay away!!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belfast28 September 2016
This company is exactly what is wrong in Health care. They do not care about service users, staff and pretty much anybody they come into contact with unless you're flashing money. A normal day with this company is 9.30-9.30 without a break. I've seen staff members being brought up for disapplinery for standing up to their right for a break. Service users are seen as money bags. Trying to work with Autism is challenging enough but when a service user is stuck in their room for 12 hours without any plan or routine set forward can be extremely challenging. On my site, the staff alone are running the place and management seem keen on just running it into the ground. Before I worked with priory I absolutely loved and took pride in my job but because of this company I've been thinking about a completely different career move. Management lie constantly to the families of service users. I've seen service users being in their room for days and not moving and family members being told that they have been to the park or cinema ect. and showing absolutely no remorse for doing this. If anyone who has a family member in the care of priory I would absolutely urge you to pull them from their placement, it's absolutely heartbreaking what they're doing to these poor young people. I've seen first hand staff trying to scrape whatever they can gather to try and cook some sort of meal because upper management "haven't got money for shopping". I've seen staff members collapse because they're over worked and admitted to hospital because they're over worked. Proper authority has been noted due to neglect  more... but nothing has been done. The company has placed service users in their care who's behaviour are absolutely not suited to the environment and staff aren't trained to deal with it. I've never once in my time working with this company have I been trained or shown how to record documentation that they have set for staff to complete. I've been told by management when I was concerned about this to just "wing it" but I never did as it is a legal document. I've had to actually go out of my way to buy food with my own money to feed service users because money has been refused by upper management. Sometimes they send some hot shot over from England to do a talk on how to improve the service but they're more keen on flashing they're nice cars and fancy suits and watches. So please whatever you do absolutely stay away!! I hope someday that this place is closed and I know service users and families are treated with the respect they deserve because without them I would of left the first week. I hope proper authorities read this and do something before its too late and something drastic happens because that's what it's going to take for something to be done. Shocking and sickening people running this company.  less
Pros
Service users
Cons
Absolutely cruel company and management.