Priory Group Employee Reviews

Kitchen assistant
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester20 July 2018
I worked for just over 12mths in both units in bury Elton/walmersley high bank and loved every minute of it was very sad to leave but after a Hugh operation ( hysterectomy) and moving out of the area all within a couple of weeks of each other and due to the fact I had only been there just over a year.. it was inevitable that I couldn't possibly make the journey for at least two months after operation so felt it only fair to give my position up but full recovered and ready to find work again hopefully in my area of Halifax
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
I could complain
Good reviews is a joke
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Diss, Norfolk19 July 2018
I worked in a lds home, understaffed, overworked including nights been autistic i am on heavy meds at night but that didnt matter to management, zero support from management or staff. Conflict wirh staff lots of back stabbing you can trust no one, patient Who doesnt meet requirement of home bought in and just threw us in deep end with them now we are expected to be happy to be unable to provide the needs of that patient we try but we cant your expected to get paid and enjoy your job with no breaks and rubbish pay. I am nvq level 2 and 3 qualified with zero percent of promotion. I would never reccommend this home or company to my friends. I have worked in care 10 years i get ridiculed on a day basis about something little. They forget i am autistic and struggle with things.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Nights, staff and staffing, management, company, residents who dont meet homes requirements and needs
Claremount care home
Care Assistant nights (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire18 July 2018
Residents and staff were lovely people
However the management wouldn't know mental health if it hit them in the face this place is an EMI unit so mental health
you would think they should know about
I suffered depression and anxiety the management knew of my illness and my situation but sacked me anyway apparently my dismissal came from head office which I don't believe
I would defo work here again but without the management they keep employing
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management dont know anything about mental health
Not the company it used to be
Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 July 2018
A company ran by accountants, with little to no care for its workers and it wonders why there is such a huge staff loss. Sadly this company is ran by a leadership that is autocratic. Not the work place it used to be
Pros
Lovely co workers
Cons
Micro managed and no care about staff
Friendly staff
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands5 July 2018
I had an interview for the Priory group and it was very professional whilst also allowed me to feel relaxed. I am yet to start working here but the employees that i have spoken to are very enthusiastic about the company and are very welcoming.
Disgusting company don’t care about people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire17 June 2018
Vile corrupt company please don’t place vulnerable adults with these cowboys. They are worse than winter borne and they cover it up. This company needs dealing with. Money grabbers. Senior management and HR are corrupt
Pros
Residents
Cons
None vile company
Great Hospital
Ward Manager (Current Employee) –  Attleborough, Norfolk10 June 2018
Managing a very busy specialist CAMHs ward, supporting the staff and ensuring care is safe and effective. Delivering training on Working with young people, Safeguarding adults and children and Security. Acting as the infection prevention and control lead and the designated Safeguarding lead for the hospital. Managing rotas and payroll for the hospital and ensuring that staff are supported through supervision and appraisal processes.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Not enough core staff
Great progression
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 June 2018
Reviews can be emotive and completed by people who have a grievance whether justified or not. I am a current employee and have been employed for a number of years. Work, life balance can be difficult due to the nature of the job, but is manageable with good time management/delegation and organisational skills. The service users are well supported and at the forefront of the work we do. Albeit sometimes a very stressful and tiring role this is also one that can bring great sense of achievement and enjoyment. Management have been very supportive at all levels through my employment with the company, of particular note is the opportunity to develop and progress for people who are willing to work hard to achieve.
Pros
Watching service users achieve no matter how small
Cons
Hours can be long in particular at times of crisis
Be prepared for long shifts
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 June 2018
Been with the priory (aspire Scotland) for just under 6 months. Very badly understaffed. Working 16 & 18 hour shifts is not unusual sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row
Wages are poor and staff frustrated as lack of staff impacts not only on them but the young people we are supposed to be supporting
Plenty of training but this is usually done outside your normal working hours n you then have to go in for shift
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours.
Not a pleasant place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  West Midlands2 June 2018
For the work you do the pay is rubbish.

Management team are never supportive - they are always in their office and only come out once a day and never have time for anyone.

The department where I worked was understaffed and too much work. I developed very high level of stress which had an severe impact on my social life.

Staff members are generally nice but sometimes due to the hectic environment staff turn on each-other.

Now I have gone back to work for the NHS. The NHS is so much better. Managers always have time for their employee, also your able to put forward any concerns - the HR departments are very good at dealing with conflicts.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
over worked
Terrible place to work
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 June 2018
I was previously warned that Managers within Priory group were treated as 'disposable ' by Senior Management but I did not listen.
They treat individuals like rubbish and only look after themselves. Their honesty and integrity is none existent.
Pros
Some good staff
Cons
Everything else
Hours were long, but management was brilliant
Positive Behaviour Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover29 May 2018
Outstanding home, with fantastic residents. Manager was brilliant & very supportive. Most of the staff were great, and a joy to work with.

There was no real work/life balance (rota could be adjusted if needs be) as the hours were long, due to short staff as no agency used.

Job security was good, but progression is zero. Culture was exactly what you would want in a job, but it could go up and down. Food is eaten with the residents, just like activities.
Pros
Great Management, Earning Potential, Culture, Outstanding Status
Cons
Long Hours, No Work/ Life Balance
provides great insight and skill development
support worker (Current Employee) –  West Midlands15 May 2018
provides invaluable experience
develops communication skills
rewarding
good work/life balance
friendly staff
great management
great insight into mental illness
A care company where Care is not a Priority
Care Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poole14 May 2018
I was working in a private care company that specialized in Learning difficulties. We had approximately ten homes with varying degrees of needs. each home was set up to cater for the individuals needs and provided person centered care. After 2 years of working The Priory bought out our private care company and turned them into money shops where the clients individual needs were ignored so that as many clients could be crammed into a single home whether it was a healthy environment to do so or not. Food budgets and activity budgets were cut and clients were then left for the majority of the day to fend for themselves and we could interact "if only there was a problem". At first hearing I would be working for The Priory I was quite impressed with what I had read about them but as managers started leaving very quickly I soon learned that care no longer applied in a care home.
extremely good staff
support worker (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire10 May 2018
supporting Children with personal care, Taking the children on outdoor activities
Taking the children to school
Supporting staff and management in the day to day running of the home
good management
salary is not great
meeting really good staff
Pros
meals are included in your shifts
Cons
late finish / early starts
No support or help.
Primary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Northwold8 May 2018
The state of this school is out of order. Highly recommend not to work there or send children you know. You are left to deal with lots of activities to do. As a teacher planning was ciaotic and never actually worked as not much learning took place. Everything is covered over when higher rank guests visit the school. The staff are all unhappy and stressed. You see management when they think they need to be seen. It is a real let down unfortunately. If you like hard work and getting injured yourself then this is place for you. As a teacher I found that you didn’t put up with as much as the poor Support Staff have to. It is more of “crowd control” than learning.
Cons
Free lunches have been taken away from staff.
very rewarding , challenging at times and sometimes emotionally draining
Driver/carer/support worker (Current Employee) –  Mark, Somerset30 April 2018
working for the priory group at Mark college is a very challenging yet rewarding.
I was originally employed as a driver transporting students to and from college / airports and also weekend excursions .
I was then given the opertunity to work in the boarding houses taking care of students after school and college.
Pros
School holidays off and paid 12 months of the year
Cons
sickness unpaid, unsociable hours at times and not paid an enhanced rate, frequent lack of staff
Forward thinking and inclusive
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Devon29 April 2018
Love my job. Great teams. Great support. Can be challenging at times but the focus on the young people is great. Some lazy staff but you get that every where.
Pros
Diverse teams
Cons
Sometimes emotionally draining
No progression
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Market Weighton27 April 2018
There is nothing to further my career at the Priory and the management are constantly locked away in there office so have no idea what the patients are actually like therefore do not understand what the staff actually have to put up with for such a poor wage.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours, No progression
Enjoyable hard working
Care Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare17 April 2018
I enjoy working with the team friendly management team , very rewarding role,
Lovely guys who we support , great money overtime if need , able to work in different places
Pros
Friendly staff great management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6