Priory Group Employee Reviews

horrible
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Knaphill, Surrey17 October 2018
I worked here for 8 years and they are bullies they promise you so must at interview I would never recommend this job to anyone I'm heart broken how I've been treated has head housekeeper.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Worst place to work in the country
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Redcar15 October 2018
A home that cares more about saving money and trying to get a bonus than a good living environment for service users. Management are clueless ane bullies, don't care about staff or service users, rarely see them unless you are in trouble. You can have a high qualification and work extremely hard to try and improve career is pointless you need to have no qualification but very good at sucking up to management. Training is at a minimal lucky if you get one a year, there is online training if there is a computer to use. Some staff and seniors are good but most hide in the office so you don't see them for the shift.
Pros
The staff (not including management)
Abbey House Malvern
Student (Former Employee) –  Abbey House Malvern Worcestershire12 October 2018
I've just finished a 5 week placement with these lovely people. Never having worked in the field before I was nervous to say the least but I shouldn't have worried! From the outset the all the staff were welcoming and made me feel at ease. I have learned so much from both the staff and the patients alike and I shall miss them a lot. Although the work can be undeniably testing at time the rewards far out weigh the challenges. I would recommend Abbey House as a great place to work.
Pros
Great team, fantastic food
Avoid at all cost
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frome, Somerset9 October 2018
No training
No support
Poor communication from management to staff
False promises
No overtime pay rate
No enough investment in clients
Avoid at all cost
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Long hours and low pay
Poor culture and management
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire8 October 2018
Enjoyable working with the patients and a great staff team on the ward
Worked extra hours constantly due to short staff and incidents
Pulled off training due to short staff
Higher up management don’t follow up on surveys
Pros
Cheap lunchs
Cons
The above
Stay clear if you seek respect
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Willenhall, West Midlands3 October 2018
I worked at the Priory hospital in Willenhall and though the job started off as rewarding and promising I left feeling completely isolated, sad, emotionally drained, disrespected and undervalued.

As a support worker at Lakeside View you were talked down to quite a lot by senior staff, there’s also a serious abundance of communication from senior staff to support workers as well. As a support worker you will feel and be treated like dirt, even though you are essentially carrying out the same tasks as a nurse.

The environment itself is very complex and no two days are the same, you will see and hear disturbing events and there will no support for you whatsoever.

Unless you state otherwise you will be put onto night shifts whether you like it or not , whilst on night shifts you will most likely be working by yourself (due to 90% of the night workers being agency and having no knowledge of that they’re doing) on volitile and challenging wards. Due to this you will feel alone and angry, added to the fact that you will sleep during the day, you will soon start to realise how tired you’ve become and how little time you have for yourself and family.

As stated before as a support worker you will, in effect, carry out as much work as a nurse will, though your salary will not reflect that. The money is poor and demeaning and with a total lack of any progression as a support worker this should only be a job that you take up as a last resort or to use it as a stepping stone to further your career...but be warned as your mental health will quickly begin to take its toll on
  more... you and also be prepared to feel undervalued.  less
Cons
Money, no communication, no psychological support, poor management and structure
Horrendous work environment
Prader-Willi Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex3 October 2018
The most unprofessional work environment I have ever worked in. The staff team are horrendous. Completely unprofessional and unsupportive. A scary amount of bullying goes on between staff in and outside of work, especially on social media. The residents are so challenging, and can be unfortunately very draining. There is no structure for them or even support. Some residents in a way “run the home” having complete control over staff and how the home is run. They also know issues between other staff members and target staff members that they know are not very liked. The care standard is not very good. The homes are so institutional it’s very discomforting. Management - in the nicest possible way - have no clue what they are doing, and are the worse management I have dealt with. The HR department itself is horrendous, with very unhelpful and unprofessional staff. Combination is another serious quality this company lacks.
Pros
Lunch and dinner and breakfast usually provided
Cons
Unprofessional. Poor care standard.
Priory Group Review
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Banbridge, County Down26 September 2018
I am currently looking for part time work now and have decided to go back into the Sales industry working with general public. I enjoyed working at Bannview House Care Home in Banbridge over the last 6 years but feel with my age I now only want part time work and if possible close to home.
Pros
Good staff and working conditions
Cons
Have to be available every day of the year.
Poor work place
N/A (Former Employee) –  London25 September 2018
Poor poor poor environment poor hours and wages to much paper work not cared about get treated like dirt half the time never get told anything just very poor
Pros
Going home
Cons
Poor wages
The most vilest company I have ever worked for
Locality coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weston super mare22 September 2018
They give you no training
No proper management
Poor staff
Your expected to do everything

They treat younger workers inappropriately, no help, poor atshomphere
Will get rid of you at the drop of a hat
Pros
Getting on with residents
Cons
Vile management poorly strutured
amberley house care home stoke on trent
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent19 September 2018
lovely home! some great staff! hard work but worth every minute, days can be long sometimes. but where can't they be?.
each day is different in it's entirety
Pros
support, career progression
Cons
sometimes pay feels poor.
Shocking company to work for
Healthcare worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton on the Forest, North Yorkshire16 September 2018
The day starts off with a rushed, uninformative handover as the staffing levels are critical.
You are then non stop running about trying to give the patients your time but the company process's prevent this.
The staff are at their wits end, with a lack of support, understanding and empathy from direct line management. The patients have nothing to do during the day as nearly all activities for them have been made redundant. Trading and violence are a daily norm due to patients being bored.
Staff refer to themselves as lion tamers. There is nothing to help them recover to a transitional state.
I regret working here.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Pay, lack of training, lack of management interest, support, environment.
Great company
Client Referrals Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham11 September 2018
• Delivering a first class service, sourcing mental health inpatient beds for NHS patients within the Priory’s hospitals up and down the country depending upon their mental health diagnoses and presenting conditions.
• Ensuring all calls and information is logged on the appropriate database in line with agreed processes and service level agreements
Support worker
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent3 September 2018
Company good to work for supporting you in your daily task in supporting people with autism and challenging behaviour pay is ok but need to be a bit more for the stuff you do
Fun and Rewarding workplace
HCA/ Admin (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex31 August 2018
I have worked for the Priory as a HCA and also help out on admin for a year and a half now! We have a great team on our unit, management are very supportive and encouraging. The job itself can be very tough at times but extremely rewarding knowing your helping people through their darkest of times helping them find their smile. pay could be better. I would recommend anybody who’s thinking of applying for a job at Priory group to go for it
Pros
Great team, rewarding job, free meals
Cons
Not great pay but still better than nhs pay
Great experience as a qualified mental health nurse
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire30 August 2018
The Ayr clinic used to be PiC but is now Priory Group.
Working at the Ayr Clinic for me has been a great experience. I feel I need to write after reading previous reviews, albeit this is my experience, but to be fair on the teams as a whole I feel I need to share my views. As any mental health environment can bring it's challenges, particularly a secure service. Having a number of years experience in mental health I thoroughly enjoy working at the clinic as a mental health professional I am able to develop my nursing skills and knowledge which in turn allows development in best practice. (the clinic has won awards) being able to work with patients through their recovery brings satisfaction and fulfilment into the good work that the teams deliver. The management team are visible and approachable. there was a change in management a few years ago which brought positive changes to the clinic.
Staff enjoy working at the clinic and there is good team working. some staff may not settle in as it can be a challenging and acute environment, but not everyone is cut out for working with acute patients. we are specialised in working in this environment and given training to update and maintain skills.
Sometimes it can be difficult due to clinical changes on the wards and staffing needs to be increased, staff all help out to support each other and OT and bank shifts are offered. Enhanced rates for OT and paid training. All meals are provided which save me a small fortune in my weekly shop:) we eat with patients, this time is less formal and patients enjoy it. Breaks can be taken throughout
  more... the day of course at times this is hard but with teams helping each other out to organise breaks.
Im proud of being part of the teams and the effort and commitment that is put in to support the patient groups through their recovery and time of need.

experience is invaluable to help develop best practice in mental health.
Pros
Job satisfaction. Good team work- including all departments, visible and approachable management team. Opportunities for development, staff benefits, free parking, free meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) pleasant working environment
Cons
No cons - I understand it may bring challenges, but I thrive as it allows me to develop as a nurse
One star is generous!
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, Warwickshire29 August 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for! Managers and some of the nurses do not value staff. Rotas are a joke, we get them 1 week in advance and then they change without any notice and you are told you have to work the shift because of business needs! Agency staff are given priority for shifts instead of permanant and bank staff. Managers lie to staff and put anyone they can in here to make profit and do not listen to staff. If you speak up about problems on the ward then the managers and nurses ignore you and treat you differently and they show favouritism to staff who don’t say anything. Carn’t wait to get out of here just feel sorry for the service users who have no choice and who are stuck here.
Pros
Going home at the end of our shift
Some staff are a disgrace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire24 August 2018
I love the job and the residents and there are some wonderful staff. The staff absolutely adore the residents without a doubt. They are so loved and so cared for and deserve such love and care. However, I’ve come across some shocking staff at Chesterfields Priory. They antagonise, they do not respect residents or staff and think it’s funny to swear in front of the residents. They do not deserve to work there and it makes me so uncomfortable that anyone can get a job here with no qualifications. It’s constantly short staffed and then you are in trouble for not managing to get anything paperwork wise done properly. The activities for the residents are diabolical. The activities mainly conclude of painting nails and having a singer once a month. You are over worked and underpaid. It’s a sad and sorry truth. The training is very good. All in all, it’s a mixed review. Glad I’ve left but I miss the residents and most of the staff. Staff are sacked then re employed
Pros
Lovely residents, lovely staff (most)
Cons
Long hours, under paid, management don’t have a clue
Secure environment
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire24 August 2018
Good working environment . Nice colleagues . Free lunches and they provide lots of training. They are competent and they put their patients first in all. The salary could be better . Online training is available as well as group training. Work is flexible and waed managers try to understand their carers to help them with any challenges.
Enjoyed my time there.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maltby17 August 2018
I think it's stupid that you can't opt out of these things. What if I don't want to review all of my previous employers? What If I'm stressed out enough as it is trying to find new employment without taking up more of my damned timed with these stupid surveys!?
Pros
Fun
Cons
Demanding job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7