Priory Group Employee Reviews

always sent to locations further away
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stafford11 October 2017
good job other then always being sent to further locations and never at site contracted to due to problems. decent pay but most will be spent on fuel due to locations
Good
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire11 October 2017
Very rewarding job to do enjoyable being able to work with lots of different people with different disabilities . Shifts never the same always something different every day
avoid!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield10 October 2017
Staff work very hard and 9/10 times short staffed. The housekeepers do an excellent job on a daily basis, its just a shame management are only interested in making money and not the welfare of the staff.

Poor wages for the work that you do.

I highly recommend NOT to work for this company!!!
Pros
Friendly staff, who truly care.
Cons
Long hours, poor pay.
Stressful and unappreciated
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff6 October 2017
The job can be hard but also rewarding. But the management are quick to pull you up on thing which haven't been done or aren't done correctly with no acknowledgement of how difficult it has been on the ward. There's a blame culture and the management will not admit when it's wrong! The team is so demoralised from being beaten down that staff are leaving in their droves. It was a nice place to work despite being very poorly paid but not any more
Pros
Reliable colleagues
Cons
Unappreciative management
Rubbidj
Slave (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire29 September 2017
Wouldn't bother it's not a nice place to work. The managers are unapproachable and make you feel like you can't have time off for genuine things because others take the mess
Pros
Cons
Bad money bad hours bad management bad staff
dangerous
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleton St. George29 September 2017
Since the priory took over affinity health care the have cut bonus's cut the staff all for profit and put employees in danger due to the staffing ladders , No support from management and I feel it is a very very sexist environment to be in
Pros
home time
Cons
no support no supevisions
shocking place
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim26 September 2017
Shocking place to work, Management hang you out to dry. No resident should be placed within this facility as they are not suited. Staff are not trained to deal with the residents complex behaviours. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
horrible management and most of the staff
Big money making company
T.A (Former Employee) –  Unsted Park School25 September 2017
Priory group is more concerned about making money than the safety and welfare of the kids. Stress from SLT is very obvious because they're trying to sell the poor decisions made by the powers above- including getting rid of the school nurse and stretching staff to the impossible and expecting them to follow the correct safeguarding procedures. Staff morale is low and the school is unsafe
Pros
Free lunches, strong SLT who care about their staff group
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, overstressed
Shocking
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands19 September 2017
I went for a interview for priory westbourne in edgbaston, i completed the first stages and was invited to meet some of the residents which i could not attend when they asked as i was on holiday! So I basically got told I couldn't go any further with my application(even though i had passed interview and assessments)
This really annoyed me as its not professional at all.
Once i was back from my holiday they got in touch with me asking me to go in and meet residents which i did... i got asked a number of questions which i aswered, i then was told i would be contacted later that day.. ive not heard off them since(which was around 2months ago) .. Fair enough if i did not pass this stage but i find it ever so frustrating and rude they did not get in touch to tell me this like they said they would!
Would not recommend working for this sham of a company because quite frankly they have zero respect for any of their staff or people that take up their own time going to interviews.
Cons
Lack of support for staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancashire16 September 2017
Poor management structure and too much focus on profit rather than the needs of residents. Expectation to work way above and beyond contracted hours for little or no reward.
Not good employment
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire8 September 2017
Not a good company to work for! Staff are not valued to this company you are just a number hence the turnover off staff. My main issue with the priory is quite often safeguarding issues were not reported to the outside agencies they should of been reported to in other words brushed under the carpet! Certain managers within the company are bias . There are certain rules in place for example if you are related to another team member or in a relationship you are not allowed to work in the same home this is understandable therefore management should also adhere to the same rules. It is not good practice for managers who live together to also work together .
Pros
Pay is higher than some care agencies
Cons
To many to list
Forward thinking workplace
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bere Alston, Devon5 September 2017
Good place to work ever changing to meet specific autism needs.
At times very challenging ,support always on hand a continual learning curve ,one of the biggest lessons I learnt was how to remain calm to be able to help a student in crisis and to be a role model providing stability and trust.
Pros
Commitment to ongoing learning
Cons
Long shifts
Lack of support
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire3 September 2017
A good place to work - good pay and benefits. However, generally left to run the ward with a lack of management support. More support required especially in the medium secure units.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long shifts that don't always end on time for the qualified staff.
You can make a difference
Bank support worker (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire1 September 2017
No two days are the same. Unpaid online training. Fingerprint clock-in system. Hardest part is occasional aggression from service users. Can feel rewarding but tiring.
Pros
Efficient payroll
Cons
Aggression
The Job
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire29 August 2017
The hospital, staff and environment made it a very pleasing place to work. Though I would have felt a greater part of the service and its delivery if I could have had more time to spend with the patients and the staff. To be able to hear their views and concerns, then act upon them, giving them a greater voice and input into the service they were receiving and working in.
Pros
Patients & Staff
Cons
Not enough time to spend with the staff
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 August 2017
Priory group is a great place to work and instills professional approach in a friendly environment with colleagues who work together for the needs of the service users in a person centred environment.
Pros
Having a job that makes a difference.
Cons
Acclaimed mental health and rehabilitation service
Client Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Middleton18 August 2017
Receiving from NHS and private patients seeking mental health or rehabilitation services appropriate to their needs. Efficiency was paramount in sufficiently placing individuals referred from the NHS to services within a specific time frame. A collaborative approach working as a team and NHS services, further by specialised training for private referrals seeking relevant support ensuring person centered engagement. Working within a supportive team and knowledgeable managers and leaders.
Good Place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abbey House Malvern12 August 2017
I Started at Abbey House as a student nurse and I enjoyed my placement so much I then went on the bank as a CSW after I qualified as a RUN I was offered a full time post. I worked there for 3 years I have now moved on out of the area and I had to leave my job. Over all I very much enjoyed my work at Abbey House and I felt supported by senior staff. The teams works well for the good of the patients.i wish Abbey House and all the staff well.Great place to work.
Staff Nurse RMN.
Pros
Supervision.parking.free food.
Cons
Long hours .but thats nursing for you.
Good job helpful work colleagues
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Greater London8 August 2017
Working in care is rewarding . On the job training yearly good rate off pay. free meals. discounts on health care dentist etc. Free car park . Long hours but good number off days off. focus employer
Pros
Free lunch breakfast and dinner
Cons
something different to the everyday job
Senior Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire6 August 2017
i enjoyed working for the priory, everyday was different but now I'm ready for a change. My daily duties consist of counting money, checking in patients, carrying out medical observations, taking blood pressure, I was infection control leader.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long 12 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8