Priory Group Employee Reviews

Disgusting company don’t care about people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire17 June 2018
Vile corrupt company please don’t place vulnerable adults with these cowboys. They are worse than winter borne and they cover it up. This company needs dealing with. Money grabbers. Senior management and HR are corrupt
Pros
Residents
Cons
None vile company
Great progression
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 June 2018
Reviews can be emotive and completed by people who have a grievance whether justified or not. I am a current employee and have been employed for a number of years. Work, life balance can be difficult due to the nature of the job, but is manageable with good time management/delegation and organisational skills. The service users are well supported and at the forefront of the work we do. Albeit sometimes a very stressful and tiring role this is also one that can bring great sense of achievement and enjoyment. Management have been very supportive at all levels through my employment with the company, of particular note is the opportunity to develop and progress for people who are willing to work hard to achieve.
Pros
Watching service users achieve no matter how small
Cons
Hours can be long in particular at times of crisis
Be prepared for long shifts
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 June 2018
Been with the priory (aspire Scotland) for just under 6 months. Very badly understaffed. Working 16 & 18 hour shifts is not unusual sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row
Wages are poor and staff frustrated as lack of staff impacts not only on them but the young people we are supposed to be supporting
Plenty of training but this is usually done outside your normal working hours n you then have to go in for shift
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours.
Not a pleasant place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  West Midlands2 June 2018
For the work you do the pay is rubbish.

Management team are never supportive - they are always in their office and only come out once a day and never have time for anyone.

The department where I worked was understaffed and too much work. I developed very high level of stress which had an severe impact on my social life.

Staff members are generally nice but sometimes due to the hectic environment staff turn on each-other.

Now I have gone back to work for the NHS. The NHS is so much better. Managers always have time for their employee, also your able to put forward any concerns - the HR departments are very good at dealing with conflicts.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
over worked
Terrible place to work
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 June 2018
I was previously warned that Managers within Priory group were treated as 'disposable ' by Senior Management but I did not listen.
They treat individuals like rubbish and only look after themselves. Their honesty and integrity is none existent.
Pros
Some good staff
Cons
Everything else
Hours were long, but management was brilliant
Positive Behaviour Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover29 May 2018
Outstanding home, with fantastic residents. Manager was brilliant & very supportive. Most of the staff were great, and a joy to work with.

There was no real work/life balance (rota could be adjusted if needs be) as the hours were long, due to short staff as no agency used.

Job security was good, but progression is zero. Culture was exactly what you would want in a job, but it could go up and down. Food is eaten with the residents, just like activities.
Pros
Great Management, Earning Potential, Culture, Outstanding Status
Cons
Long Hours, No Work/ Life Balance
provides great insight and skill development
support worker (Current Employee) –  West Midlands15 May 2018
provides invaluable experience
develops communication skills
rewarding
good work/life balance
friendly staff
great management
great insight into mental illness
A care company where Care is not a Priority
Care Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poole14 May 2018
I was working in a private care company that specialized in Learning difficulties. We had approximately ten homes with varying degrees of needs. each home was set up to cater for the individuals needs and provided person centered care. After 2 years of working The Priory bought out our private care company and turned them into money shops where the clients individual needs were ignored so that as many clients could be crammed into a single home whether it was a healthy environment to do so or not. Food budgets and activity budgets were cut and clients were then left for the majority of the day to fend for themselves and we could interact "if only there was a problem". At first hearing I would be working for The Priory I was quite impressed with what I had read about them but as managers started leaving very quickly I soon learned that care no longer applied in a care home.
extremely good staff
support worker (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire10 May 2018
supporting Children with personal care, Taking the children on outdoor activities
Taking the children to school
Supporting staff and management in the day to day running of the home
good management
salary is not great
meeting really good staff
Pros
meals are included in your shifts
Cons
late finish / early starts
No support or help.
Primary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Northwold8 May 2018
The state of this school is out of order. Highly recommend not to work there or send children you know. You are left to deal with lots of activities to do. As a teacher planning was ciaotic and never actually worked as not much learning took place. Everything is covered over when higher rank guests visit the school. The staff are all unhappy and stressed. You see management when they think they need to be seen. It is a real let down unfortunately. If you like hard work and getting injured yourself then this is place for you. As a teacher I found that you didn’t put up with as much as the poor Support Staff have to. It is more of “crowd control” than learning.
Cons
Free lunches have been taken away from staff.
very rewarding , challenging at times and sometimes emotionally draining
Driver/carer/support worker (Current Employee) –  Mark, Somerset30 April 2018
working for the priory group at Mark college is a very challenging yet rewarding.
I was originally employed as a driver transporting students to and from college / airports and also weekend excursions .
I was then given the opertunity to work in the boarding houses taking care of students after school and college.
Pros
School holidays off and paid 12 months of the year
Cons
sickness unpaid, unsociable hours at times and not paid an enhanced rate, frequent lack of staff
Forward thinking and inclusive
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Devon29 April 2018
Love my job. Great teams. Great support. Can be challenging at times but the focus on the young people is great. Some lazy staff but you get that every where.
Pros
Diverse teams
Cons
Sometimes emotionally draining
No progression
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Market Weighton27 April 2018
There is nothing to further my career at the Priory and the management are constantly locked away in there office so have no idea what the patients are actually like therefore do not understand what the staff actually have to put up with for such a poor wage.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours, No progression
Enjoyable hard working
Care Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare17 April 2018
I enjoy working with the team friendly management team , very rewarding role,
Lovely guys who we support , great money overtime if need , able to work in different places
Pros
Friendly staff great management
Worst Place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset14 April 2018
Safeguarding constantly being involved. Money means more than needs of residents and staff.Staff abusing clients are protected by managers.If you report they will get rid of you ASAP.
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Abuse covered by managers
understaffed, stresful, unsupported, run like a buisness
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  abbey house, Malvern, Worcestershire10 April 2018
A typical shift is very busy and chaotic. The floor staff try their best to achieve the highest quality of care but are given sub standard resources to achieve this. Run like a business, which focuses only on making profits and filling beds, regardless of risk and implications this could have on the ward dynamics and staff. Too many short cuts are taken to ensure profit over safety and wellbeing of those that work there. Low morale and lack of opportunity to develop
Pros
free meals
Cons
management, deceitful
Terrible place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Redcar and Cleveland, North Yorkshire5 April 2018
Zero support from management. Bullying tactics used. Safeguarding constantly being involved. Money means more than needs of residents and staff. Staff put on shift with no training. Most seniors lazy and hide in office all shift. Staff safety isn't deemed important. No personal alarms or radios yet staff are often made to stay in residents rooms with no other support.
Pros
Majority of support staff great.
Cons
Bad managent. Dangerous working environment
Don’t work for these
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Nottingham4 April 2018
Routinely break the law, poor management making poor decisions. Money before safety and welfare. Massive inconsistency. Refuse to pay legal wage for a sleep in disgusting company. Colleagues in the same situation pull you through.
Pros
The kids you can help
Cons
Management and feel awful for the kids
Avoid!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East Sussex1 April 2018
Wages were an absolute insult! £7.65ph to be verbally abused by residents and attacked! Management were there once a week for half an hour if you were lucky. Totally unattached emotionally from the people they manage. No sympathy towards staff problems either. Very quick to dish out disciplinarys but yet being totally hypocritical and doing the same thing that they are disciplining staff for 🤔 gossip in the homes is rife on numerous occasions from management (allegedly) my home however was brilliant because the staff were awesome! That's the irony they push away good staff in favour for backstabbers. AVOID
Pros
Most staff are brilliant
Cons
Rubbish compamy, senior management offer no support at all
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire30 March 2018
Worked for them for 4 years and worst 4 years of my life. No support at all, No training for anyone except on line if you have time to do it and if you do you don't get paid. Long shifts no breaks paid £7.65 for being hit punch bitten Now leaving
Pros
Cons
Poor senior management, low pay no breaks long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6