Priory Group Employee Reviews

The most vilest company I have ever worked for
Locality coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weston super mare22 September 2018
They give you no training
No proper management
Poor staff
Your expected to do everything

They treat younger workers inappropriately, no help, poor atshomphere
Will get rid of you at the drop of a hat
Pros
Getting on with residents
Cons
Vile management poorly strutured
amberley house care home stoke on trent
healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent19 September 2018
lovely home! some great staff! hard work but worth every minute, days can be long sometimes. but where can't they be?.
each day is different in it's entirety
Pros
support, career progression
Cons
sometimes pay feels poor.
Shocking company to work for
Healthcare worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton on the Forest, North Yorkshire16 September 2018
The day starts off with a rushed, uninformative handover as the staffing levels are critical.
You are then non stop running about trying to give the patients your time but the company process's prevent this.
The staff are at their wits end, with a lack of support, understanding and empathy from direct line management. The patients have nothing to do during the day as nearly all activities for them have been made redundant. Trading and violence are a daily norm due to patients being bored.
Staff refer to themselves as lion tamers. There is nothing to help them recover to a transitional state.
I regret working here.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Pay, lack of training, lack of management interest, support, environment.
Great company
Client Referrals Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham11 September 2018
• Delivering a first class service, sourcing mental health inpatient beds for NHS patients within the Priory’s hospitals up and down the country depending upon their mental health diagnoses and presenting conditions.
• Ensuring all calls and information is logged on the appropriate database in line with agreed processes and service level agreements
Support worker
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent3 September 2018
Company good to work for supporting you in your daily task in supporting people with autism and challenging behaviour pay is ok but need to be a bit more for the stuff you do
Fun and Rewarding workplace
HCA/ Admin (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex31 August 2018
I have worked for the Priory as a HCA and also help out on admin for a year and a half now! We have a great team on our unit, management are very supportive and encouraging. The job itself can be very tough at times but extremely rewarding knowing your helping people through their darkest of times helping them find their smile. pay could be better. I would recommend anybody who’s thinking of applying for a job at Priory group to go for it
Pros
Great team, rewarding job, free meals
Cons
Not great pay but still better than nhs pay
Great experience as a qualified mental health nurse
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire30 August 2018
The Ayr clinic used to be PiC but is now Priory Group.
Working at the Ayr Clinic for me has been a great experience. I feel I need to write after reading previous reviews, albeit this is my experience, but to be fair on the teams as a whole I feel I need to share my views. As any mental health environment can bring it's challenges, particularly a secure service. Having a number of years experience in mental health I thoroughly enjoy working at the clinic as a mental health professional I am able to develop my nursing skills and knowledge which in turn allows development in best practice. (the clinic has won awards) being able to work with patients through their recovery brings satisfaction and fulfilment into the good work that the teams deliver. The management team are visible and approachable. there was a change in management a few years ago which brought positive changes to the clinic.
Staff enjoy working at the clinic and there is good team working. some staff may not settle in as it can be a challenging and acute environment, but not everyone is cut out for working with acute patients. we are specialised in working in this environment and given training to update and maintain skills.
Sometimes it can be difficult due to clinical changes on the wards and staffing needs to be increased, staff all help out to support each other and OT and bank shifts are offered. Enhanced rates for OT and paid training. All meals are provided which save me a small fortune in my weekly shop:) we eat with patients, this time is less formal and patients enjoy it. Breaks can be taken throughout
  more... the day of course at times this is hard but with teams helping each other out to organise breaks.
Im proud of being part of the teams and the effort and commitment that is put in to support the patient groups through their recovery and time of need.

experience is invaluable to help develop best practice in mental health.
Pros
Job satisfaction. Good team work- including all departments, visible and approachable management team. Opportunities for development, staff benefits, free parking, free meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) pleasant working environment
Cons
No cons - I understand it may bring challenges, but I thrive as it allows me to develop as a nurse
One star is generous!
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, Warwickshire29 August 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for! Managers and some of the nurses do not value staff. Rotas are a joke, we get them 1 week in advance and then they change without any notice and you are told you have to work the shift because of business needs! Agency staff are given priority for shifts instead of permanant and bank staff. Managers lie to staff and put anyone they can in here to make profit and do not listen to staff. If you speak up about problems on the ward then the managers and nurses ignore you and treat you differently and they show favouritism to staff who don’t say anything. Carn’t wait to get out of here just feel sorry for the service users who have no choice and who are stuck here.
Pros
Going home at the end of our shift
Secure environment
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire24 August 2018
Good working environment . Nice colleagues . Free lunches and they provide lots of training. They are competent and they put their patients first in all. The salary could be better . Online training is available as well as group training. Work is flexible and waed managers try to understand their carers to help them with any challenges.
Enjoyed my time there.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maltby17 August 2018
I think it's stupid that you can't opt out of these things. What if I don't want to review all of my previous employers? What If I'm stressed out enough as it is trying to find new employment without taking up more of my damned timed with these stupid surveys!?
Pros
Fun
Cons
Demanding job.
profit over care
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands13 August 2018
The company is all about making cuts and increasing profit.
Senior and regional managers not interested in the level of care or surroundings only how you can cut spending, this impacts the level of care.
They are cutting professional roles and putting pressure on unqualified staff, which puts the safety of the clients at risk.
In all the years I have worked in care I have never seen higher management teams so out of touch with the people they support.
Pros
The Clients and the Benefits
Cons
unskilled Managers, poor quality of care from Managers
Poor company
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Cf381hp8 August 2018
The priory cares more about making money than looking after their staff and residents. Too many managers getting paid far too much for doing absolutely nothing, and they all stick together. Staff are over worked and under paid and don’t get the credit they deserve. Hardly any face to face training is offered to staff. Just a money making company.
Pros
No uniform
Cons
Long hours, low staff morale lack of support from Managers
Clean environment. Great service users.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge7 August 2018
Very good training to introduce you to the nature of the work. Very challenging behaviours at times which you are properly trained for. Extremely rewarding role.
Highly professional working environment
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire5 August 2018
A very service user focused organisation. Highly professional and great emphasis is placed on client service and welfare. All staff work together as a team with the sole purpose of providing the best possible service leading to the best outcomes for the service users.
Pros
lots of trainings
Cons
low pay
Very poor south west service
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Falmouth3 August 2018
Unfortunately a lack of communication and training in the south west, no local head office.
Fast staff turn over, very unhappy staff.
Mess the pay slips up monthly constantly chasing managers.
Pros
Cons
No support or further training
Challenging work with poor salary
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol2 August 2018
Residents can be challenging. Not a mental health unit more behavioural. Management always changing and staff turnover is very high. Lots of expectation with little reward. However best teams I have worked with. Great staff, small management support and stress levels are high. Colleagues are supportive in what can be a very stressful environment.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Too much responsibility for the money
Good but mostley bad
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sussex2 August 2018
A good company in terms of pay and holiday allowance but not good at helping staff and supporting them if they are attacked or constantly targeted by the young people.
Bad management ( some of them) preferring to disappear to the gym or work 3 days a week 8 till 3 and not do their own shifts to the fullest yet order and dictate and put down hard-working staff who keep the place running.
Bullying drove me to quit after 5 years .
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours ..egos
Quickly went down hill
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  The dene26 July 2018
Worked for just over 1 year. Started well, but soon became a bad place to work. A manager with no maintenance experience running the maintenance department. No trust, no appreciation, no support... take, take, take...

Me any my colleague handed in our notice and the company couldn't wait to get rid of us. but wasn't willing to pay my notice. Apart from a standard letter, no personal thanks or appreciation for the time I have given the hospital.

Such a shame, as lots of the staff and patients were great and good fun to work with and enjoyed working in the challenging enviornment.

And lastly, being called a maintenance assistant when you are doing the job of a maintenance operative sums up what this company is about. They want to pay the lowest rate possible but expect tradesmen.
Pros
Seeing a patient smile when you can help them
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations from management, 'Free lunch' that i wouldnt feed a dog, false promises for training/career progression.
Advancement opportunities are readily available if you are ready to work for them
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Various26 July 2018
Great positive place to work, the management as a whole are supportive but can forget that you may have a life outside of work. Staff work hard to proved the best for their clients
It depends on you
Senior Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Faversham, Kent23 July 2018
At the Priory within the residential setting for young people (EBD) you must be self motivated to work within this environment as the home can have a very negative feel if you allow the young people's behaviours to get you down. The role may have a short shelf life for some though you are given a great opportunity to succeed to a senior status.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7