Priory Education

Priory Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Featured review
Priory Education selected this as a representative review
Working for Priory Education has absolutely been the best decision I have made.

Since working for Priory, my experiences have been positive and I have felt supported and valued.

I am regularly praised and given positive recognition and support where necessary to improve and develop.

I have found working for Priory challenging and a key factor in my career. I am lucky enough to have a fantastic team of peers and Senior Managers who hold the same values and beliefs that really drive the desire to provide the best possible care to the young people we support.

I value being part of a culturally and experience based diverse group, who work together in a positive manner, encouraging longevity, loyalty and excellence.

Reflective and open practice is encouraged at all times and that sees our service go from strength to strength.

I am proud to say that I work for our Education Sector
Pros
Transparency, innovation, Care, Supportive, Development, Teamwork
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
It's great to hear that you have had a positive experience so far, that you are enjoying working alongside your colleagues and that you feel you can find support when you require it.

We wish you all the best as you continue to grow and develop your career with Priory.
Priory only care about trying to make money and not the people they care for or employees.
Worked up to 4 days ina row with sleep overs due to staff shortages.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, not paid correctly
17 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always disappointed to hear from people who feel unhappy with their time at Priory.

If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we may investigate further and find out which site you are referring to, please email LouiseWatts@priorygroup.com

Please be assured that we take any concerns seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.
I worked with this company for 1 year and that was bad enough!! To say they're supposed to be monitoring and ensuring the safety of young people in their care, the management displayed some shocking behaviour! Safeguarding is a joke! The YP's all carried 'complex behaviours' and this was used as a reason to excuse all sorts of behaviour. Despite staff protesting that pets shouldn't be allowed within the homes, management ignored this to keep the YP's quiet and as expected they were neglected and mistreated. At one home a cat was killed by one of the housemates and all that was said by management was 'Yeah, but we need to understand why she did it' absolutely pathetic! Another time a YP came back from socialising with friends and was heavily under the influence of cannabis. Again, managements response was 'Well, as long as they can string a sentence together, then its okay'. Care Plans were laughable stating that 'female client needs to have her back tickled to relax them before bed' and male members of staff were expected to do this when most young girls had experienced some form of abuse! seriously! 19hr shifts on some evenings and all of the donkey work is left to the new starters whilst the senior support workers sit in the office behind closed doors leaving you to it offering no support. Before you even think of applying for a position here, ask yourself 'Do I want a rewarding job that will make a difference?' if the answer is yes, then avoid this place!
30 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear that you had some concerns during your time at Priory. Please be assured that we take all issues of safety and care very seriously and always seek to address any issues raised to us.

If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned, so that we may know which site you are referring to, please email LouiseWatts@PrioryGroup.com

If you have a specific incident or issue you'd like to report, you can call our anonymous whistleblowing line on 0800 484 0816 or email whistleblowing@priorygroup.com
I loved the responsibilities and autonomy of the job & really being able to make a significant contribution & provide creative problem solving and take care of the staff & parents.
Pros
Free lunches, free gym ( not that I had the time to use it, lovely grounds, kind staff
Cons
V long hours, not paid overtime like my predcessor, low salary for my actual responsibilities contribution, no proper training due to lack of time, SMT was very poor/lacked integrity exploited staff
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your role working alongside your colleagues and the parents.

We're sorry to hear that you had some concerns during your time at Priory.

Incredibly rewarding role with lots of variety. Very full on at times and can be all consuming. Some amazing dedicated staff who make you feel welcome and supported as do the Priory as a whole. Unfortunately this is overshadowed by the awful attitude of senior college staff. Very clicky , and colluding behaviour bordering on bullying, little tolerance for illness within the higher management .team
14 October 2019
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your role alongside your team and found your work rewarding.

If you would like to offer more information about the issues you've mentioned so that we can explore your concerns further, please contact LouiseWatts@PrioryGroup.com
RSM are liars and bullies, very cleaky place, no support, school is a joke, RSMs sweep abuse under the carpets. Shocking!
RSM (Service Managers)

If they want you out, they will pin blame on you and set you up. Constantly looking over you're shoulder isn't great at work considering you gave everything. Suppose that's what happens when you challenge management and they dont like it.
7 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

If you would prefer to offer more information and talk about the issues you've mentioned you can also do this by sending an email to LouiseWatts@PrioryGroup.com

If you would prefer to raise your concerns anonymously, please contact our confidential whistleblowing helpline on 0800 484 0816 or email whistleblowing@priorygroup.com so that we can begin to investigate the issues you have mentioned.
Great job, however due to funding hours are being cut forcing me to look elsewhere, which is a shame as they are a great company to work for but the cost of fuel for me to do split shifts out weighs the perks of the job
Pros
term time
Cons
split shifts travel expenses
5 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you enjoy your role and we are disappointed to see that you are considering a job elsewhere.

If you would like to offer more information about your circumstances so that we can explore your concerns further, please contact myself at hollybaxter@priorygroup.com.

Holly Baxter
I worked for here has a support worker in 2015. I wasn't there very long but I was struggling with the role and felt it was quite challenging. The young people you work with are nice but they can be quite challenging but I found the place to be very clicky and old staff didn't show new staff what to do probably. The managers were not bothered you were struggling they were more concerned with going home for there weekend off. What they sell you in the interview is not what you get. Like I said I wasnt supported at all at my short stint with this employee. You need to be mentally strong to do this job or have a strong back has staff are very two faced here.. Avoid.
Pros
The wonderful setting in the country.
Cons
Old staff and Managers.. The place is clickey
3 June 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We're sorry to hear that you had some concerns during your time at Priory.

If you would like to offer more information about the issues you have mentioned, so that we can find out at what site they are occurring, please contact myself at hollybaxter@priorygroup.com.

If you have a specific incident or issue you'd like to report, you can call our whistleblowing line on 0800 484 0816 or email whistleblowing@priorygroup.com.

Holly Baxter
In terms of flexibility this company is great, was able to work shifts that work for me and as far as salary go it isn't too bad for the role and location.

Management however do not value staff and do not acknowledge their concerns, you have to work in situations you are uncomfortable in and at a detriment to your mental health but that does not seem to matter to the company. Some staff are also treated more favourably than others, and the work culture and environment is quite gossipy and exclusive.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Staff not valued, concerns raised are ignored
1 February 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you've mentioned and we would be interested to learn more about where they took place, so we can look further into fixing the issues.

If you would be happy to share more details about an issue you're concerned with, please feel free to contact LyndseyClark@priorygroup.com .

Holly Baxter
Recently left Priory from a senior management position. Priory have absolutely forgotten to value people. I wouldn’t advise anyone to join this organisation. The senior management team are insestous and solely focused on micro management and driving unsafe admissions to appease the board members. There are Directors amongst the SMT that have serious issues in terms of poor management skills and rather than value and develop their people tend to seek results by intimidation and bullying. When concerns are raised things just get brushed under the carpet.
Shocking practice. On the other hand the actual staff and care managers are amazing people who under immense stress from Directors do a fantastic job and provide good quality care and support for very vulnerable young people.
Pros
Great registered care managers
Cons
Directors that operate underhand and have management styles from the dark ages.
21 January 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you've mentioned and we would be interested to learn more abouyt where they took place, so we can look further into the issues.

If you would be happy to share more details with us please feel free to contact myself at hollybaxter@priorygroup.com

Holly Baxter
I've been working for the priory group for 4 years now and although there has been some ups and downs and change in management higher above than within the home it has been one of the best companies I have worked for. Due to the vast size of the company, this would often put me off but it has given me different experiences and flexibility to try different job roles and sectors within the region. I have been lucky enough to be able to progress through different job roles and this is down to the amount of training and support the company offers you. There are always bad reviews as people feel they are owed something but with the right management and staff team in place a working environment changes and this is what happened to us. It is now one of the best homes I've ever been part of and wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
more days off a week then working. Great Team at the Home.
Cons
shift working, weekends, evenings and holidays.
30 November 2018
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your work and career progression with Priory.

We really appreciate your honest feedback.

Holly Baxter
great team in a hard environment, often unorganised due to rota changes however, the team collectively work hard together to ensure the wellbeing of all staff.
I've been working for Priory Education for about a year now, it has been a good place to work, there are definitely challenges but the team always works hard together to overcome these. Talent is recognised and people are given training and there is a lot of internal promotion.
Pros
good team
Cons
senior management changes
For such a large organisation priory are one of the worst managed employers. Long hours are expected in care but they expect too much and get rid if you don't say yes. Recently taken on a new staff team who are lazy and all act like they know it all
Pros
Good pay for care
Cons
Poor staff team
Terrible place to work , little sleep , little praise and no chance of promotion unless you are related to managers or friends of theirs !!! Dont bother !! Stressful meetings and no positive feedback in them just endless negativity.
Pros
pay
Cons
no support
In two years I've had five managers and seen twenty odd other staff come and go. The shifts are long, 16hrs which most of the time ends up being longer then you get little sleep and have to do it all over again the next day. Management don't really sympathise and expect you to drive on two hours sleep with young people in the car. You can not leave your shift even if you've made prior arrangements if someone calls in ill until there is cover and I've seen one person have to stay until seven hours after their shift finished and missed a Dr's appointment.
Avoid this company as the upper management really don't seem to care about much except profit.
I was part of a large team working with children with learning difficulties age ranging between 10 to 17 years.
I learnt a huge amount from this job and acquired a lot of knowledge and training that i am able to take on to many other jobs in the future.

With help and support from my co workers and management i was able to excel my full potential as far as i was able to with the company in the short time scale that i was with them.

I enjoyed helping and supporting the children in their everyday living, supporting them in their choices they made, also to be a part of helping them to socialise in a public environment, to enjoy their full potential in life and to be carry it on in the future.

I did at times find it very hard sometimes being away from my family, due to the long hours and working weekends.
Pros
having the school holidays off. Amount of knowledge and skills i achieved being with the company.
Cons
long hours and long days weekends