Prince Rock Primary School Employee Reviews

4.0Pay & Benefits
4.5Job Security & Advancement
Inspirational
Voluntary Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth19 July 2014
Whilst volunteering at Prince Rock Primary School I was able to gain relevant up-to-date experience, learning how to support pupils within the classroom. Ensuring all the children within the class fully participated in activities, and for them to learn as effectively as possible both in class, and in-group situations, and on his/her own, by establishing a supportive relationship with the children. Whilst at all times encouraging the acceptance and inclusion of all children, and promoting and reinforcing the children’s self esteem. I was also able to provide regular feedback to the classroom teacher, by contributing to a system of recording the children’s progress whilst listening to them read on a weekly basis. I proactively assisted the teacher at all times, carrying out duties such as; helping set out equipment in the classroom, photocopying work sheets and other tasks, in order to support the continuity of teaching during the actual lessons. I had to be aware of the school procedures at all times – in particular with regard to safeguarding and to support the aims and ethos of the school.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Leaving my son to be looked after by someone else whilst I worked
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth2 June 2014
Would help with getting things ready for the classes that I will be there for. The people I worked with were very friendly and helpful, doing this work experience made me more aware of how to work with children. It was hard at first as I had never worked with children before but doing this experience made me feel more comfortable with it and more confident.