Primary PPA Cover

Primary PPA Cover Employee Reviews

Featured review
Primary PPA Cover selected this as a representative review
Having worked through Primary PPA Cover for the last few years, I feel very well supported and part of the team, its great to enjoy what I am doing and for my employee to appreciate this! They offer ongoing support and carry out termly observations and training sessions to help us develop and progress in our roles. They are frequently checking in to ensure my timetable is in line with my current needs and will try to line up more/less work where required. Being bank staff for other schools also really helps as the weekly commitment isnt required but additional work us there should I wish to take this
Pros
Cpd, flexible hours, work consistency, team, honesty
Hiring languages teachers without checking they can speak the advertised language? Such poor organisation had to call candidates back as they "forgot" to ask all the interview questions!! Poor lesson plans taken straight off TES sometimes in the incorrect language. Make you pay for your own DBS!! NO ADAPTION IN PLANS IN LINE WITH COVID 19 GUIDELINES, HENCE STAFF UNABLE TO TEACH EFFECTIVELY AND SAFELY IN LINE WITH PLANS AND GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES. Example: lessons with singing, touching, sharing objects. Very poor planning with regards to this, putting people's children at risk. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I was very pleased to have a comfortable and cheerful interview where I was put at ease and encouraged to talk about my strengths. The interviewer asked very clear questions that were not designed to 'trip you up'. I was praised for my answers and found the staff members, both on the phone and on the online interview, to be happy and positive. I was told very clearly what the job would involve. I feel I was matched well to the position as my relevant past experience was taken into account. I was contacted the next day with feedback and congratulations. Then I was immediately sent all the details and forms to get started.The contract was very clear to understand. My first impression is that this is a very well organised, professional company.
I have work for the company just for a year and iam Very happy with the outcome 😊, allway there to support staff in needs, good communication, team work and our payments is always on time.
Pros
Good communication skills
Cons
Sometimes I finds it hard to submit my time sheet
I have a job lined up for September which i'm excited to start and the process up to now has been lovely, they provide all the information you'll ever need so can never feel unprepared to work!
Have worked for this company for 2 years, always paid on time. Sometimes they even pay early. Pay has never been wrong. Planning is all provided so I turn up teach and go home which is ideal with me having a young family. Progress tracker in their TeachTool system works great and really saves your time.
Would not trust this company. Would not discuss hours or how payments would be made. Refused to say whether they used umbrella company. Most unsatisfactory yet they expected me to copy very personal details over to them. I never actually met with anyone! All interviews carried out over the phone!
A great workplace, good teamwork and a fantastic atmosphere. The recruitment process runs smoothly with constant detailed information which is very helpful.
Cons
Great company with brilliant staff. Benefits for staff are very good and not something you would expect. Would recommend this company as one to work for.
Pros
Use of pool car, hours to fit around family, additional benefits
Fantastic company to work for, lots of benefits available at head office. Full support offered for any development needed and everyone here has helped me succeed in my new role!
Pros
free breakfast & lunches, free parking, a pool car provided, great team days
I have been employed by Primary PPA Cover for almost 3 years now and I haven’t got a bad word to say. My schools fit in with my availability and specialism, the rate of pay is good(£20 per hour). I don’t have QTS therefore consider this a fair rate! I have been offered various other roles while working here to boost my hours too! The company jas carried out multiple observations on my teaching to ensure it meets Ofsted standards and there are always improvements points to action to help you improve. All in all, the support from office staff, my coordinator and school is balanced out very well and would recommend this company to any specialist teacher.
Pros
Flexibilty, work-life balance
Clear expectations, always paid early or on time - easy timesheet procedures and so much support! All lesson plans are provided and assessments are automated saving so much time.
Registered with the company ages ago through their online application. Not so much as a phone call, an email acknowledgment or anything else for that matter. Very unprofessional company who seem to only want to hire certain people. The one job I did apply for i got a generic message with the usual nonsense on it. From now on I shall be applying with a better agency who might actually give me a chance.
Pros
Cons
As above
Fantastic company to work for! The recruitment process went smoothly. The school i work in are very helpful, as is my staff coordinator. I have received great support from the company and would highly recommend them.
Pros
timetable, support
During my employment with Primary PPA Cover I have experienced a great work-life balance. My staff coordinator is always there to support with with the smallest or biggest tasks. The perks are so rewarding, winning employee of the term, getting a Christmas card... just the little things that means a lot!
Pros
hours, flexibility, holidays, permanent contracts
  1. Employee reviews