Primary Goal

Primary Goal Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4 reviews
Unhealthy working environment and treatment from management was inexcusable leaving non management staff feeling belittled. The treatment from management had left many ex employees with mental health issues and lacking in confidence due to constant nit-picking. The companies staff turn around is exceptionally high with approx. 7 leaving in the last year due to poor treatment of staff.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Micro management, bad leadership, blame culture, negative environment, not spoken to professionally, unrealistic targets.
I have worked with Primary Goal since the beginning. It was a nice and relaxed workplace. I had a lot of support from the CEO and teammates as well. CEO and management always were open to my ideas and suggestions. Communication was clear and open. I have learned a lot and I met many lovely people there.
My role at Primary Goal was to improve their social media presence. I was supported when needed whilst also being able to work solo on my own projects. As a small business every staff member supports each other, the office is a relaxed and friendly environment. Communication was clear and open on what was required of me, regularly speaking with the various staff members in different roles to workout tasks and plans to meet objectives.

I would recommend Primary Goal as a great place to work, I have learned a lot in my time and had an overall positive experience.
Primary goal employed less than 12 people. At least 7 have left in the last 12 months, for similar reasons to those stated below.

My experience left me with a feeling of constant anxiety. My confidence was destroyed due to the toxic working environment, unachievable targets, unprofessional behaviour towards employees and an inherent blame culture.

This escalated to the point that I left this company with no alternative role to go to. Other former employees have found themselves in the same position, pushed to the point of no option but to leave for their own well-being.

I would suggest that anyone still considering a role here asks what their staff turnover rate is, average length of employment, what reasons were cited for other employees leaving their roles and what the company have in place to support and develop their staff. Please don’t accept ‘working in a small business isn’t for everyone’ as a justification to excuse the mistreatment of staff.