Primark Employee Reviews

Found 3,389 reviews matching the search See all 5,798 reviews
okay as a part time student job
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow19 May 2019
An okay job for a student looking to earn some money, not much room for progression as management only promote their favourite staff members. Pay is average. Staff are friendly.
very boring
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey16 May 2019
a total waste of time it was not fun and there was no benefits people working there were rude and sassy I was very tired of being bossed around by people who were ranked below me.
Pros
no pors
Cons
too many cons
was a great place to work around 5years ago
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire15 May 2019
People at HO are great , strong teams that look out for each other, genuinely hugely talented teams that have always had primark at the heart of everything they do.
Good for a little extra cash
Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry14 May 2019
It is a fast paced environment, but you can keep up with it if you're motivated, though, sadly not everyone holds a strong work ethic and so this can hamper that little motivation you have at times.
Pros
A decent amount of break time
Cons
Minimum wage
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road13 May 2019
Work at primark is been good experience there is a place where everyone respect you , no matter what position you or their hold , wages are fair for the job we do , I enjoy a lot the environment...
Pros
Respectful and peaceful place to work
Nice place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne13 May 2019
I would go back again if it's a permanent position, as temporary position is no good for a single household person.
Primark is very enjoyable if you are interested in a retail environment.
Pros
Great working environment, meet good friend, staff are very helpful and friendly
Cons
Pay aint all that good £7.83 per hour.
do not approve
Part time sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham12 May 2019
staff is shocking.
no team effort.
always change breaks.
never set times
no support.
no effort from mangers.
no support from managers.
nobody to talk to about how your feeling.
not aloud to talk to people on the floor.
Pros
vending machine
Cons
forced to do over time
such a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston11 May 2019
they give you set hours a week so you never miss out on the hours or the pay, I work 8 hours a week, 4 hours a day at the weekend. it really fits in with my lifestyle as I go to uni too and working in the week is a struggle for me as I do a lot of work. the work ethic is great, tills are easy to use and the clothes are fab its hard not to buy them when you finish work haha
Not great
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex11 May 2019
Didnt enjoy it, managers were rude but people i worked with were friendly
didn't learn anything and was a waste of time, managers dont appreciate what you do
My Exprience in Primark.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road Station10 May 2019
I learned a lot on Customer Service and how you should always be nice to the customers all the time. Also, as a Customer Service Manager, you need to listen to what is being said to by customers good or bad. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with the customers and making their day.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Retail assistant in Men section (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2019
I enjoy in meeting a lot of customers coming from everywhere with different background who demand my problem solving development in the rush time.
I enjoy in having international colleagues as well.
very hard difficult
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2019
Very hard difficult place to work ,some management are excellent,but some supervisors look down on you some time they make you feel uneasy like your worthless and its almost like bullying ,don't get me wrong i've had some excellent days working for primark and there has been days when i have enjoyed it and it gets very busy specially between 1pm and 3pm .Not for the faint hearted stay clear
Pros
always busy so not standing around getting bored
Cons
hourly rate not good, No discounts, and not told when things are going on sale
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire7 May 2019
This place was absolutely awful. Management were horrific to staff, made suicide jokes and amusement of the topic. The staff were not treated fairly. The supervisors were okay on some departments and others were awful.
Pros
Easy location
Cons
All of the above
Good starter job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham6 May 2019
Very good to get expirience within a busy retail environment, flexibility on available hours from full time, part time and weekends only. Also the option to assist opening new stores in other locations.
Pros
Accurate pay and holidays
Cons
Not much career progression
Good place to work at
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Bradford5 May 2019
Joined Primark as a part time Till Operator. My hours were from 12.00pm to 4.00pm. Since I had two young children, it was difficult to work especially when they got sick so I decided to resign from this position to look after my children.
Friendly and organised workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff5 May 2019
Whilst working in Primark I felt comfortable in my position and worked with a fantastic shop floor team. I would be more than willing to return to work here as I felt my role and my responsibilities were clearly outlined and if I had any grievances I knew they would be dealt with quickly and in a professional manner.
How i found the management
Part-time Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Redditch4 May 2019
overall experience at Primark was average but i did find the management inconsiderate. However, this was only some of the management and my other colleagues were very nice and friendly.
Retail Advisor
Part time role (Former Employee) –  Derby4 May 2019
I do not recommend working at Primark. It is good for experience in a fast paced and strict working environment, but there were no benefits when I worked there. There was no double pay on working Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years day or Bank Holiday weekends.

The management was often bias and had favourites which was very obvious, there was also rude management who spoke down on you. They do not cater well for work life balance, with studying and religious committments, there were times these would clash with my shift and they were very harsh on me.

No discount at all.
Good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff3 May 2019
It was a good work place and helped improve many skills I already have and was very understanding about medical and personal issues that occurred while working there
Pros
overtime opportunity
productive and fun workplace
Part-time Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackburn3 May 2019
you have to be on your feet and on standby all the time never know what awaits.

the management is good as the supervisors will allocate your a specified job and you are given a time limit for each task