Primark Employee Reviews

Constant work but easy
Retail sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea1 August 2018
Get to work, clock in, ask my supervisor where I am working in the store today. She would usually tell me to put some stock back onto the shelves or tidy up before customers arrived into the store. Then I would be sent to either tills, find stock to recover it for a certain department, tidy up in some way or fold pyjamas (I worked on the top floor). On a 9 hour shift (9.30-6.30) I would have two 15 minute breaks, one before the hour lunch and one after. I often got bored as this is a long time to be doing nothing.
Pros
Easy work, nice colleauges
Cons
Very samey and can get boring and repetitive
Hard
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire1 August 2018
Stressful job, looking after the whole store with noone to report into so feels like you're on your own running around like a headless chicken with never-ending tasks.
Fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London31 July 2018
A typical day would consist of operating the tills and helping customers find specific products and clothing. I was also responsible for taking clothing from the storehouse onto the shop floor. During my time at Primark I also helped manage changing rooms whilst keeping the shop floor tidy and presentable.

I learned how to be part of a team and how to work with others in a professional manner. I also learned to multi-task in demanding environments and remain calm in stressful situations.

The hardest part of the job was making sure the shop floor was presentable at all times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to customers and helping them find their desired item of piece of clothing. I also enjoyed interacting with my work colleagues and sharing our ideas on how best to approach a situation.
Pros
Helpful staff
fun, great staff, long hour sometimes
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire29 July 2018
great people and management. Every day was different. Some days were tougher than others but that is just working in Retail. Working with the right people made it better.
Pros
great staff
Cons
long hours sometimes
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 July 2018
nice and relaxed environment. Really flexible work allowing you to adapt to your home life. Staff are really nice and often help you when in need although work is't that complexed.
customer care
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands29 July 2018
working on the shop floor and help customers when i am on duty if they need any support or advice.
The job based on customer care and meet all walks of life.
Pros
hours were ok
Good pay and fast paced environment
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent29 July 2018
Team members become really close making it easy to work together the hardest part of the job is working in such a fast paced environment, but it is also what makes it so interesting as you never get bored.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Can get very busy
Productive and friendly workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 July 2018
* Receiving and distributing stock
*I have learned all aspects of stock management
*Management are fair, approachable and helpful
*The hardest part of job is the complicated computer system
*The job is rewarding with a very strong team rapport
Pros
Strong team rapport
Cons
Consistent late night shift patterns
Just a number
Primark Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wood Green25 July 2018
Primark wasn’t so great as you were treated more like a number than anything else. No leadership was shown and I had to constantly use initiative as there was no direction
Awful
Sale's Assisant (Current Employee) –  Newport24 July 2018
Awful place to work, was boiling hot had to put hand up if you needed the bath room like a child.

Managers did not know how to run teams so instead would just generally bum around until end of their shift.
Fast past
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire24 July 2018
Brilliant company to work for set hours everyday no change except for over time team you work with are friendly and lovely staff easy to approach. set layout which you get in a routine with
Pros
friendly place to work
Cons
no respectable customer
The job
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster23 July 2018
I loved working there but the salary was too short and I also tried putting down for full time work but was refused. So I managed to get in quiet a load of overtime in but the payment was never the same. I would recommend anyone working there but I wouldn't go back my self.
Great atmosphere and easy going
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Street22 July 2018
A typical day at work was stress free, always something to be done and had a laugh with other member of staff. I learnt to be patient, how to do till work.
Very Busy enviroment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2018
Working here helped me learn alot in terms of retail industry as well as being able to judge other companies that i worked at afterwards. Bere in mind that the staff turnover places a huge role in how your treated.
dirty shops
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London21 July 2018
very busy, customers are very rude , they trow the clothes on the floor. short shifts only 4 hours a day. shops are very hot no air con. in winter they very cold
Hey, if you need the money.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear20 July 2018
Boring stuff to do repetitive everyday. But not surprisingly. I learned alsorts about dealing with people on tills however.

The hardest part was not being on tills.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex20 July 2018
Working in Primark is a very stressful place to work as its always busy and you always have a job a do so you are never just standing around. Ive learned a lot of things there serving customers, dealing with customer enquires such as on customer services and on the phone, but also managing a department by making sure stock is out and every size is available but also making sure its tidy so customers can walk around safely without hurting themselves. My most enjoyable apart working there is meeting new people and learning new things and taking on every challenge hard or easy that comes my way.
Pros
learning new things
Very good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 July 2018
A nice place to work.the hours are flexible and you get to meet different types of people everyday.you can also get extra hours.you get paid for overtime.the management sector is very considerate.
Fun work place
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon17 July 2018
I enjoyed the shifts and the people I worked with. Customers are often the friendliest people you'd meet in a day and made the day exciting. There were lots of opportunities for overtime and there was a fair pay rate.
Over worked and under staffed.
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow17 July 2018
Management aren’t the best, they don’t take into consideration a work/life balance. The work load for each person is more than it should be. My specific Primark doesn’t hire enough people and we are always under staffed. Other than the cons. All Primark staff get the living wage, which does help. The people I work with are the best, I don’t think I’ll ever meet people as great as them.
Pros
Great work mates
Cons
Under staffed and over worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K