Primark Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dartford7 October 2018
I really enjoy working for this company. The staff and managers are always friendly and supportive. Your hours are flexible to fit day to day life if need be.
Pros
You always get the help you need.
boring
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex5 October 2018
Just the same thing day in day out. not challenging for people. I felt that this was just a job to get money, not somewhere i could see myself progress in.
ok to work
Night Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  liverpool5 October 2018
stocking shelves at night working to kpi and putting left over stock back in stock room people i worked with were lovely and friendly hardest part was all the heavy lifting
Pros
work colleges
Cons
heavy lifting
stressful environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston5 October 2018
Working at Primark was a different environment to what I had previously worked in. I enjoyed getting retail experience at Primark. I learnt how to work the tills confidently, deal with customer concerns and take stock onto the shop floor.
Productive and Fun
Primark Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London5 October 2018
Overall Primark was a great company to start with when working your first job. Personal Note: i wanted more than what primark had to offer career wise.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Not enough opportunity
Produtive and opportunity work
Shop Operator (Former Employee) –  Leicester4 October 2018
I liked work in Primark they are very organizate, they give more opportunities for teenagers. I learn to be more professional, organizated. We had good environment.
Poor management, staff treated like children
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch4 October 2018
There’s no incentive, no boosts for staff moral.
Phoning in sick is horrible cause you’re treated like a liar.
Management talk about staff on shop floor.
There’s NO flexibility on hours.
Management also tell staff what’s been said in meetings, We get 10% off at Christmas for 2 weeks only.
Overall not a nice place to work.
Pros
Cons
If you don’t mind being treated like you’re still at school go ahead.
okay but hard work
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London3 October 2018
a typical retail job which requires you to be on your feet and have a can-do attitude. Required and encouraged to work overtime, to have a positive attitude towards work, encouraged and to fix other people's laziness.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
long days, can't leave until work is finished in all departments, so if you work hard but the others don't you have to catch up their work so you can leave
Fun place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London3 October 2018
I worked in Primark during my university days and enjoyed the atmosphere however I felt on several occasions that staff members were treated unfairly and unjustly. Overall, my experience at Primark was fun and enjoyable as most other staff members were also students.
Fun but tedious
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton, Greater London3 October 2018
fun but very tedious place. not much variety and challenge within job.
some managers were very nice. no overtime was forced upon you. overall a decent place to work
Pros
pay and long Lunch breaks
great to build experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London3 October 2018
Its a very friendly environment to work at, however not much changes as you build experience, it is hard to advance, progress is hard as they have many staff. The people you work with make it enjoyable.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 October 2018
My second ever job. Fun place to work - flexible and part time hours available. Great for any student along side their studies. I worked mon-fri 5-8. Great first job :)
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Rude ignorant staff
Good flexible workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne3 October 2018
Lots of overtime available, very busy workplace, sometimes customers can be very difficult but some are very nice, staff are usually very nice and easy to get along with
Productive and interactive workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  Guildford UK3 October 2018
Worked as a cashier handling hundreds of customers
worked at different departments within the store
would remain an hour after the store closure ti ensure it clean and everything is in it's place
Teamwork and getting to know your colleagues makes the job fun.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station3 October 2018
I worked almost 8 months for Primark and I have seen ups and downs. I had nice colleagues at my department. But the managers and some supervisors where arrogant and childish. If they saw you speaking with colleagues they'll come and confront you or they'll bring you to another department. That's how childish they are. They should give more credit for the job you do.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes overtime available
Not the best
Sales Assistant, Kingston, United Kingdom (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames2 October 2018
if you want to make money just to make it primark is the place. coworkers were the highlight of my job. overtime hours were ridiculous. alot of promises nothing being done.
Pros
nice people
Cons
everything
Poor Managment Staff
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury2 October 2018
Rude, Arrogant, Ignorant, & petty.

its was like being back on the school playground, each floor has its own internal 'friendship' groups and they would all talk about other people to the point, HR & Department managers are in the loading bay lifts crying about what another member of staff has said.
Pros
social
Cons
staff
fun and exciting
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow2 October 2018
it was always fun to work with different and new people,although there was a lot to do it was exciting to do it with your colleagues, and i really enjoyed it
Pros
Friends
Cons
tiring
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London29 September 2018
My typical day at Primark would be to walk in and be kindly greeted by security. I would then head downstairs to put my bag and coat away as well as change into my uniform. This would also give me a chance to interact with my colleagues. After I would clock in and head straight to the ladies fitting rooms where I would serve and assist customers. Working at Primark I had learned how to manage the ladies fitting rooms and had learnt how the company works overall. The management at Primark was very poor due to a lack of communication and understanding between managers, supervisors and employees. The workplace culture was incredible because you were able to meet many different people which could have various impacts on the overall day. The hardest part of the job was making sure that the each department would stay tidy when Primark was understaffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to met various people and to assist customers when they needed help.
Pros
discounts on various places
Cons
poor management
Overall fine but stressful
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds28 September 2018
I always find Primark stressful to shop in, working there is significantly worse. I had quite an unusual role as I stood at the front of the store as a greeter and answered any customer queries which was okay but got boring as it often included standing there for long periods of time with not much to do. However, like I say, this was quite specific to me - my colleagues seemed quite overworked.

The role will be particularly stressful and hectic around Christmas time and on weekends, but I definitely believe it's manageable, and overall was an okay experience.
Pros
Management, support from higher ups
Cons
Could be stressful/hectic, pay wasn't the best