Primark Employee Reviews

bad
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London29 April 2018
don't apply its really bad, no one cares about working or customers
the clothes have been on the floor, stepped on and dusted off to go back for sale at full price
Busy fast pace environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 April 2018
Work was always busy which was good, helped me keep occupied on the long shifts. Working at tills at the busy periods was the best and the staff were all really friendly.
Pros
Fixed pay
Cons
Fixed long hours
Incompetent management. People scared. No union.
ex operative (Former Employee) –  Islip, Northamptonshire28 April 2018
In my oppinion
Firstly management is incompetent and can not motivate people with out trying to scare them and influencing the feeling of insecurity. That is not what management should be about. And that is Team Managers being incompetent. Very incompetent.
People are being let go for silly things like one MHE only touching other MHE and i must notice that these people are EU nationals when there are many examples of british people damaging MHE more that once and still keeping the job. I mean that could only be my point of view but that does not look good through the equal rights prism.

There was occasions of loosing jobs because a few cases fell off a pickers pallet when turning arround ...Again EU national.

The situation would change if there was a union on site but senior management does not want that. They even put a security person at the entrance of the site so no union could come to talk to people.

The list can go on and on...

My advise if you are still working there is to join some union ouside anonymously because your employer does not have to know that you are cover by a union and if any problems would appear you can always bring a union representative with you to any meeting you will have. And i am more than sure that 90% of the problems would just disappear.

Best of luck to everyone!
Pros
payment always on time
Cons
incompetent team management. no union allowed in.
Brilliant Job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester27 April 2018
I worked in the wigan Job. They offer jobs for people who either want to work weekdays or weekends. The breaks are excellent, I have never worked for a company who give so many breaks. There is an option to join a union. In the time that I worked there I never once saw anyone fail their probation period. The job is fast paced but enjoyable. I left the job because I moved house otherwise I would of been there alot longer. I did have some problems whilst working here but I gave as good as I got. Also overtime was always available to pick up. The staff all seemed to get on aswell.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Tiring on your feet .
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  East London26 April 2018
Overall working in primark is very calm. you can easily find overtime and everything is great when work is done. i enjoy working at the tills as its easy and i enjoy communicating with customers sometimes
Not many opportunities to progress
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station25 April 2018
management poor, incompetent and unprofessional.

The environment can be quite chaotic. You don't get much training so you basically get thrown into the deep end. so you've just got to learn how to adapt quickly.
Pros
2 breaks
Boring
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton25 April 2018
The environment was boring and not fun to work in. Managers were extremely intimidating. Wouldn’t recommend working here, made a few friends but only
keep in contact with one
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Low wages and long hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley25 April 2018
A lot of repetitive work. Folding, tills and changing rooms. No air-conditioning so always boiling hot especially in summer, where you are offered bottled water, but yet no fix to the actual issue.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge23 April 2018
Primark in Cambridge is a very large store therefore there is many staff working. It is very social and fun meeting new people. Of course, as well as interacting with customers is another great experience because gives you a chance to improve on your communicating skills and without even realising you become more comfortable in the environment you are working at.
Fun workplace
Sales Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate22 April 2018
Retail is always fun to work within, your days can vary on many different level but you can always guarantee that your day is filled with many different things to do.
It was a good atmosphere
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey21 April 2018
It was a really good job I shouldn’t have if I had a chance to go back I would the pay was good and also the work times were really good plus really nice people work there
Long Hours
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 April 2018
I worked as a night shift worker and whilst the money was beneficial, the hours took their toll and the management was sometimes problematic. The work was often monotonous and the hours dragged.
Fun environment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire19 April 2018
learnt how to deal with customers needs and wants
learnt good customer service
till trained
health and safety videos
hardest part was stock!
enjoyable part of day when store closes
work place culture pretty decent but messy at the end of the day
best first retail job ever
amazing experience from staff, supervisors and managers
became confident when speaking
Pros
lunch hours
Fun
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Folkestone19 April 2018
Very team orientated and everyone pitched in to help others when needed
Managers were brilliant
The hardest part is how busy it can get and you need to keep up with demand
Over worked, no appreciatation
Full Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath16 April 2018
This is a great place to work if you enjoy being over worked, pressured into working more hours and doing jobs that aren't in your contract.
You will never be good enough and when you do something right, management will take full credit.
Management make comments about people mental health and openly complain about "weak" members on the shop floor in front of customers. Management have favourites that are protected.
You can't make a formal complaint about management bullying as it will turned on you being a bad member of staff.
The supervisors are stuck in the middle of this argument and treated badly.
Being happy isn't allowed unless you're making a sale.
Pros
They pay you.
Cons
Management will manipulate you and make you feel weak and vulnerable
Productive & fun working
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton16 April 2018
As a sales assistant, I worked in the floor filling up stocks and also in tills. I had to be careful in tills.
Talking with customers and handling cash was challenging. All staff & management were good.
Easy job but terrible staff
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear15 April 2018
The job is so easy to do, contracted hours to work around good for gaining experience in retail. Staff are miserable and always spread rumours, some are bullies and seems to be tolerated by managment!
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Staff get away with anything, managment dont help
Alright environment
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  London13 April 2018
Great people to work with but was very stressful at the best of times in terma of management always being in your back when you are trying to complete your tasks.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 April 2018
Working at primark has given me the opportunity to be able to work under a lot of stress. I have once again, gained many skills from working at this business organisation.
Everyone was nice
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire11 April 2018
I hardly got any hours, and was on very low wage. Even though it was fun to work there because of the people it's was still boring. It was always hot and felt like you was always under pressure by the supervisors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K