Primark Employee Reviews

Found 3,160 reviews matching the search See all 5,266 reviews
Easy, friendly staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff21 October 2018
Can get a bit manic at certain times of the year but Primark is a fun place to work with such a large team its easy to build a good rapport.

It has developed my skills because you realise how to handle situations differently.
stockroom assistant
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage21 October 2018
sorting through clothes stock and organise in sizes
tidying up the floor-shoes department
assist fitting rooms giving customers tickets
ensure excellent level of customer service
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Generally a nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire21 October 2018
It's a busy shop, you are going to be busy! If you think you can turn up, stand around for 4 hours and go home you are wrong!

Praise is lacking. You'll get told when you're in the wrong but will not receive praise for going above and beyond.

Some managers are great to work with, some not so much. The supervisors are incredibly cliquey and have no worries about sleeping with various members of staff!!

Overtime is always available
Pros
Overtime. Xmas discount
Cons
Low morale
Good place to work but bad pay
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westfield Shepherds Bush19 October 2018
The hourly rate is not great. Have learned a lot about the retailer. If you are working in London, they should give us London living wage, however they do not.
Volunteer
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire18 October 2018
I worked there as a volunteer in the summer of 2017 but unfortunately I wasn't successful in gaining employment. However I dd enjoy working there, it made me tired at the end of the day but i enjoyed being able to work.
Fun workplace, amazing staff and great salary
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool17 October 2018
I’ve been working at Primark for 2 weeks and I think it’s the best time I’ve had, the customers are amazing and the staff are great to work with, I enjoy working with them as they are quite helpful in situations I’m awkward and don’t know what to do
fun place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear17 October 2018
working at primark was fun and i enjoyed it got positive respect from my colleagues and the staff that worked within the shop

My only dislike would of been the manager she was quiet rude and homophobic towards myself
stressful
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Stevenage16 October 2018
only worked one day a week but even though the hours were short it dragged, how everyday was the same, it was always really hot, always stressful. good place to shop just not to work in.
Suitable for students
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire16 October 2018
If you're a student and need some extra cash, Primark is ideal for it. hours that can fit around your schedule and make things easier. Its a very busy place so there's always something to do and your shift soon flies by!
Repetitive and boring job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London16 October 2018
I worked at primark part-time for less than 2 years. It can be boring and repetitive.
You socialize a lot with your colleagues.
Costumers don't have any consideration.
Not all the managers are orribile, but some of them don't have any managerial skill.
Recommended if you are studying and looking for a part-time job, but leave if you have the chance!
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Management, salary, costumers.
Enjoyable workplace for me personally
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London16 October 2018
A typical day at work was not too hard nor was it too easy. Working at Primark allowed me to develop my skills and become a better worker overall. Furthermore, the staff were very friendly and attentive which allowed me to settle in fairly quickly. A drawback is that if you're looking for benefits from the job then you may be left disappointed. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with angry customers or working Christmas period as it got very demanding and fast paced. The most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues who were very helpful and kind which helped with the job.
Pros
Good working environment, kind staff
Cons
Barely any discount apart from Christmas time
Would not recommend.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh15 October 2018
The staff and managers do not communicate together. Supervisors & Managers work together to get you to leave rather than fire you if they don't see fit your work. They will emotionally and mentally manipulate you until you break.
Pros
£7.50 per hour
Cons
Mentally abused by co-workers
Good part-time job for young people
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 October 2018
A typical day at work consisted of folding clothes, picking them up off the floor, serving customers at the tills and putting returned clothes back in the shop.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Busy
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey13 October 2018
Busy store, work delegated by supervisor depending on the situation.
training is given
General day of work is ok
This job would be ideal for students as they have flexible hours
Wanted to die
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk12 October 2018
Never have I ever worked in a place so filled with gloom and despair that I wanted to die. My mental state working for Primark plummeted. I had never been that low before, but they got me there!
The management are abysmal. Nothing short of a bad joke. I worked hard for 3 years hoping to get any form of appreciation and the supervisor job role I’d dreamt of, only to be told I’m too good at my job on the sales floor where I am and therefor would never be promoted. All my hard work and effort.. for nothing. I’d been threatened by customers, spat at, and each and every time the managers would do nothing. Because all that matters is their money and their bonuses.
The staff aren’t a whole lot better. Some of them are nice and do *some* work, but the others are generally party goers that do nothing and get away with it. Therefor making hard workers the ones that are forced to pick up the slack. I say forced but I really mean it. If you refuse to do something due to lack of time or even a health and safety concern they will threaten you with disciplinary action. And when you try to explain why you refused they will make sure in your meeting that there is more managers in there then you and your union reps so that they can all argue and gang up against you.
Working for Primark is the biggest regret of my life. I put years into it and received nothing for my effort except being bullied and tormented by the management and the customers.
They can put on a good PR stunt though to be fair, like hiring amputee models and donating the broken clothes we can’t sell out to the African
  more... kids. Anything to look good to hide the fact that we are technically still using sweat shops but we’ve just taken a legal way around it. (Finding countries where it’s legal to run sweat shops.)  less
Pros
I can’t think of anything to put here.
Cons
Long days, bad management, customers treat you badly, mental strain.
Bad management, made to feel like a criminal
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bath11 October 2018
Okay so the job in itself isn't all bad, however certain things annoy me, never ever praised no matter how well you do, you could put in all the hours on the earth and you wouldn't get a thank you, no matter what you do right it'll always be small things you do wrong that'll get noticed. You're constantly asked what you're doing as if you're not working which distracts you from your work, cameras are everywhere and your till is spot checked every shift and a bag search every day (Primark don't have an ounce of trust for there employees) made to feel like a criminal, deliveries are generally large and clog up fire exists daily which is a constant threat to health and safety, management are generally very young and don't seem to communicate, as such I generally get a clog up of requests from different managers, also alot of the time managers seem to be in a meeting and nowhere to be found, no discount for employees other than 4 months of the year and even then it's only 10%. The air con is never on, not even in the height of summer, I could ramble on but I'll stop there, I believe Primark need to rethink their policies as many seem old and completely outdated.
Pros
Other staff members are great, good customers, time flies by, easy enough work
Cons
All the above and more
Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading11 October 2018
Primark really is a hit or miss. Depending on your department you could have an amazing manager or an awful one. The pay is very good and the hours are flexible.
Pros
Gets you paid
Cons
discount only at xmas
Never again!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London10 October 2018
Primark, Primari. I’ll say this about Primark, it’s definitely the Armani of cheap clothes but that’s as good as it gets. I’ve never been treated so poorly by managers and customers in my life. The customers are rude, excessively and, in my opinion lack any secondary school knowledge and lack any human decency. With managers being incredibly useless. If you do want to work at Primark, get ready to fold, speak to academically challenged for a whole 7 hours and 30 minutes with a 30 minute unpaid break. Which can be shorten if the floor is busy but don’t expect to be paid for that time unless you’re the floor manager’s favourite.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Managers, customers, repetitive working conditions
love working for Primark
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Basildon10 October 2018
Such an amazing company to work for. I have worked right from the bottom to the top.
Only looking for a new job as I need it to fit in with my sons schooling.
I have worked here for over 10 years
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Trinity10 October 2018
This is my permanent job and I have worked in various departments over the years.

Every day is different due to how many customers come through the doors and as to the weather outside also.

The shop is open 7 days a week and is for all ages to shop in.