Primark Employee Reviews

Poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colchester12 May 2018
Worked there during opening period. Training in Chelmsford was great, they were well organised and had specific routines and helped each other out.
Moving back to Colchester store for the opening was awful. The managers were rude to staff, had no respect. Breaks were missed. They would never answer when called over the speakers. There was no communication between supervisors and management and any requests for improvement were ignored.
They attempted meetings before store opening but a few were always left out as they had jobs to be completed. A complete and utter sham.
Pros
Respect frlm staff
Cons
Poor management and organisation
Ok for students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 May 2018
it's an ok job if you are a student as you can pick up overtime a lot of the time to earn some extra money but as far as trying to get a career in Primark, management is not exactly helpful
engaging and very fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2018
It is a very fun experience and you learn a lot of things and gain experience,and you can gain lots of skills such as time keeping,patience and many others.The hardest part is when the store is packed and you have to deal with lots of customers.
Pros
fun
Cons
less pay
Charity work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow West, Greater London9 May 2018
Back in day when I was working, there was a customer who came furious something and she kept being very disrespectful toward me. as an employee I had to be very patient and make sure I listen to every single thing she said to me. After she finished saying everything I had to make sure To talk to her in very quiet and respectful manner as much as possible so she can listen to what I was saying. What I learn after that, is being an employee, you need to be patient have the right tools when it comes to communicate with angry customers.
Pros
food
Cons
1 hour
Dynamische abreist Umgebung
Einzelhandelskaufmann (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester9 May 2018
Bereitgestellt ausgezeichneten Kundendienst, Einschulung von neuen Mitarbeitern, coordiniert Warenfluss, Beratung and Kassenverkauf, Aufrechterhaltung von hohen Ordnungsrechtlinien, Telefondienst, Kundenkontakt, Konzentration auf Kundenerhaltung
Good First Job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundee City8 May 2018
This is a good first job however in certain stores, age is taken advantage of and often members of staff are spoken to in a condescending tone. Other than this, you'll make some fantastic friends working for Primark.
It's what you'd expect
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Swansea8 May 2018
customers are usually a nightmare! Folding clothes, picking clothes up off the floor, packing those paper bags is basically the main cycle of working activities
friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire8 May 2018
Nice environment to work in. Friendly management and staff. Could sometimes be very stressful but we were well rewarded. If we found a fault it was always sorted out very quickly.
Pros
pay
Cons
very busy
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London7 May 2018
Provide excellent customer service,meet and greet,engage with customers directly to help them have an outstanding shopping experience,process purchases,refunds,exchanges,answering phone,making announcements,provide customers with alternatives on the shop floor,replenishment of stock,recoveries,tidy floor etc.Learned to manage the tills,recoveries etc.
Pros
Opportunity to meet people from different backgrounds
Cons
less salary
Productive, hard working workplace
Retail sales assistant (Current Employee) –  London6 May 2018
Primark's a hit retail store which means it is constantly busy. Some days this can be challenging. There are no benefits with working for Primark and sometimes they can overwork you. However, a job is a job and it is an incredible place to work especially for a first job as there are colleagues a similar age, especially on weekends, going through similar circumstances (education etc)
Robotic, Poor
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester5 May 2018
The management team seem to believe staff are robots with no life outside of the job and you are unable to have a day off from illness without being scrutinised and insulted. They also are very unprofessional when conducting one on one meetings and some lie a lot to cover themselves which results in the sales staff being criticised. Some days can be good as all the sales/floor staff are like a little family which is nice but for the pay which we receive and the hassle the job gives you it isn't worth it.
Pros
Overtime always available
Cons
management, salary
fun and fastpace work place
Sales Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 May 2018
I worked as a retail assistant and the job entailed me to make sure customers where informed of the products and to place products on the shop floor along with recovery on the shop floor
Pressurised enviornment
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 May 2018
Worked on tills in the pressurised, fast paced environment. Management were often unhelpful and didn't have much time for those below them but the job was overalll enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford3 May 2018
A typical day at work i go in do my job help customers if needed otherwise keep the department looking tidy most enjoyable part of my job standing back when it is all neat and tidy and feeling we have accomplished something,hardest part watching customers wreck what you have just done.
Pros
working with nice people
Cons
not as many hours as I'd like
Not the best
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Leicester Fosse Park2 May 2018
So an under 18 year old is meant to have 30 minutes rest break on a shift over 4.5 hours. If we do a 5 hour shift we get 15 minutes. Breaking the law much?
Pros
Supervisors
Cons
Managers
Primark
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow1 May 2018
A job in between studies and a career.

Basic training in customer service.

A good number of staff around for help and always a member of management around in the event of customer escalation.

If the stock was not cheap and the money better I would return.
Hard but rewarding job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire1 May 2018
Working from monday to friday, I have learned the ins and outs of Primark.
- They train you very well
- Good Pay
- Great staff and understanding management

However, Primark is understaffed, so there are a lot of duties to fulfil in a short amount of time(4 hours) It can get really busy, the only quiet periods were after Christmas in January and in March when it rained.
Primark is not for someone looking for easy money. However, you will meet great people and there is a lot of overtime available, especially the evening shift. The customers in Primark are also very nice and had many great conversations with people I met.
Pros
Good Pay, Great People, Good Management
Cons
Understaffed
Not very welcoming to younger work colleagues.
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex1 May 2018
There are very few people that make you feel welcome. You are not recognised for your work unless they like you personally. The workers have groups where they decide to make you feel welcome or not.
bad
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London29 April 2018
don't apply its really bad, no one cares about working or customers
the clothes have been on the floor, stepped on and dusted off to go back for sale at full price
Busy fast pace environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 April 2018
Work was always busy which was good, helped me keep occupied on the long shifts. Working at tills at the busy periods was the best and the staff were all really friendly.
Pros
Fixed pay
Cons
Fixed long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K