Primark Employee Reviews

Ok work place
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  London13 August 2018
A typical work day I would report to my supervisor and they would tell me what to do which would be performing all register functions in line with company policy, working on the till, maintaining stock levels to maximise sales, promote specific lines under the guidance of management, use available information to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales,
I learned what hard work is like
The management in my opinion where rude and unfair
Colleagues made the work enjoyable
Working in the stock room was the hardest part of the job
Working on the tills was the easiest part of the job
Pros
colleagues
Cons
the managment
average
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley12 August 2018
Primark is good for a first job but something I found extremely difficult when working is the amount of staff that get away with bullying these workers were not told off by managers they were friendly with them which made workers who were bullied and singled outs days at work quite difficult due to the work environment not being very enjoyable. I learnt a lot in the workplace when it comes to customers and communication, the only thing bad that I thought was how some supervisors hired were rude and the amounts of complaints they had got they were still kept. Something id say that needs to be improved is how managers need to be more strict with misbehaving staff they were too laid back.
Pros
free uniform, paid holiday and sick days
Cons
managment too laid back, they let workers get away with misbehaving and bullying
Worst place to work due to management!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex11 August 2018
I would not even give this place a 1 star rating.
Primark Basildon is by far the worst place I have every worked for, the management are to blame for this.
They treat you like a child and look down to you.
The pay is not worth being treated the way they treat you.
The job it’s self is boring! If it wasn’t for the other employees that made the work bareable I would not of lasted any longer then I did! Certain management make you feel uncomfortable with comments they make towards you,
They don’t have any understanding or care towards you or any of your situations.

Worst place to work stay clear!!!
Pros
Finding the bargains before customers
productive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre10 August 2018
working in primark isnt always the same everyday job the managers and supervisors will change where you work so you will not lose concentration and lack in enthusiasm in the workforce. the staff are lovely to work with and there isnt constant pressure.
Pros
not always long hours
Cons
unpaid small 15 minute breaks
The Worst
Part-time retail operative (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham9 August 2018
Mess everywhere. Constantly re doing everything that you had spent the morning doing.
No organisation.
Management team had favourites.
instead of doing their job they would put their jobs onto others.
- in short. they did nothing with their day.
Great place to work, I can't fault it
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 August 2018
I love every minute of my job at Primark. I've worked for the company for a few years now and have been fortunate to gain experience of different stores through bolster.
Pros
The People
Cons
Great company to work for.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 August 2018
Overally, Primark are a great company to work for as a manager. They demand a lot and it can be hard at times, but the rewards definitely make up for this.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long days
poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield8 August 2018
low wages and lost of work. No real development and managers have no people management skills. Very much a tell atmosphere and worked like slaves ccvccc
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
low wages
Great at first.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 August 2018
Would not recommend this company. Whilst the recruitment process is easy and the vast majority of senior management are lovely you'll soon realise that the promise of 'lots of overtime' is nothing but a lie to lure you in and that supervisors are either stressed out or have a major superiority complex. It's the sort of place where you either fit in or you don't. You need to be prepared to work hard as it's not stop and more often than not very few people hack it long enough. Some of the people you work with are lovely but there is a culture of gossip and backstabbing. HR are ok and store facilities are not bad eg: lockers, shower room etc.
Cons
Poor management, repetitive tasks.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 August 2018
Really friendly team members
offered a lot of help and support
fast paced
time goes by really fast as it is really busy, so always kept on feet.

positive energy throughout the work place

Want to know more about Primark?

Ask a question
Flexible
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Derby6 August 2018
Fairly good company to work for, there are little to no staff benefits, however I enjoyed my time working there. It's a shame there aren't more full time options otherwise I wouldn't have left.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
poor pay/no benefits
Good First Job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 August 2018
If you are in fitting rooms, it is a very high pressure environment. You are treated poorly by the majority of customers but it is a good first job because you learn very quickly how to operate the stressful job. The training could be better, half the time it is left up to the retail assistants to train other retail assistants. I was put in charge of training the new fitting room staff because I had been doing fitting rooms for 6 months. The people are lovely and are probably the reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unpaid breaks, Stressful
Horrible Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 August 2018
Primark is NOT a very nice place to work. I've faced many issues with the Management and even the store manager whilst having worked for them. They don't treat you like employees at all, and have no respect for you regardless. I've faced a horrible experience with them, and reviews online is not good at all. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them.
Pros
Cons
bad management, rude staff, store manager is rude
Good
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex3 August 2018
Good place to work enjoyed good people good place to work did enjoy it . Was a nice way to earn money and am thankful for experience gained. Good place
Great job to have alongside studies
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire3 August 2018
Generally most days on your assigned department is the same, however, tasks often vary from moving stock around to helping with returns.

The most useful thing I've learned and developed during my time at Primark is communication, whether it's with customers or colleagues.
Pros
Great team; manageable hours; overtime opportunities
Cons
it's too hot in the summer, and too cold in the winter
very hectic/overly stressful
Goods In Administrator (Former Employee) –  Islip, Northamptonshire2 August 2018
overworked and underpaid - other employees did not cooperate on handovers, question absenses and has seperate punishments for people involved in the same incident.

Avoid
Pros
Cons
poor management, poor work ethic, rampant Favouritism
not keen
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool2 August 2018
it does have benefits such as majority of staff are friendly and it is usually busy which makes the time go by quicker. No staff discount, and a lot of pressure
Pros
friendly staff
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yeovil2 August 2018
I liked served customers on the till. I didn't like folding the clothes, because it was hard.I loved talking to the customers, and seeing how they are.
Pros
Wages
Cons
temporary
Would not recommend to anyone else
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh2 August 2018
Not enough credit or notice given by managers, supervisors for the hard work you put in to a days shift. My work, manager and colleague environment was not very friendly, supportive or considerate.
At first, my pay was not sufficient, however, it then got increased a year later of me working there and I managed to live better off it.
Hardest part of the job: rush hours on weekends and the way you are sometimes treated if you are a young inexperienced teenager
Enjoyable part of the job: the people you meet
Strict but fun
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 August 2018
Working here has its pro and cons. The staff are wonderful and I get on with the majority of them. However, management are a different story. My supervisor is strict especially when she is in a mood, which makes my shift drag. As I am split across two floors on a weekend, I tend to prefer one floor to another, mainly because of my supervisors. Working here has helped me to develop my skills in retail, and I enjoy working on a till. I do sometimes feel victimised by management as they stop people talking to me, but I cant do anything about that. On the whole though, primark is an ok place to work as the pay is good.
Pros
Pay and friendly staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K