Primark Employee Reviews

Dull
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 May 2018
All in all, I would not recommend this as a good place to work. There are no staff benefits, you are not at all spoken to respectfully, and unless you are liked by management, there is no room for progression. If you are a student looking for part-time work to fit around your course and don't plan on being there too long, its ok. There are various opportunities to work overtime though.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No benefits at all
Stressful and no work life balance
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London24 May 2018
Job is well paid but culture is so stressful and you feel pressure all the time, high demands and less resources , feel immense pressure to deliver regardless of reality
Pros
stress
Cons
salary
Staff better than the job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan24 May 2018
starting at half 8 you have to put the items of clothing back out of the fitting rooms then get stock out whilst serving on the tills and doing returns in the afternoon its constant tidying up for 4 hours whilst doing any jobs the managers have been unable to complete and again man the tills. If your trained on the customer service desk then expect to be dealing with any returns to throughout the day. Management are never seen unless you get a minute to look for them in the back office or they find you first with more stuff to do. The hardest part of the job is the continuous bending over backwards to do everything right please other staff and customers whilst getting no appreciation what so ever. Overall your team mates are always there to pick you up or give a helping hand.
Pros
no weekend working
Cons
No appreciation
Busy, hectic at times,good humoured colleagues
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth24 May 2018
Multi tasking, tills, recovering and tidying merchandise, delivery.
Great diversity of customers never a dull moment. important to work methodically and leave your area as tidy as possible, for colleagues to take over, as most work part time.
Pros
colleagues very friendly
Cons
Distinct divide between management and actual workforce
Fun work place simple tasks.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire24 May 2018
Primark for me was the ideal job, with friendly customers and organised displays so it was easy to navigate throughout the store. A typical day at work was getting the stock out onto the shop floor. I learnt how to work in a team and what the company do to keep the prices of their products low. During my experience i learnt a lot about the store itself and really enjoyed it. The management was very friendly and approachable, they helped whenever an issue occurred. The hardest part of the job was keeping up to my colleagues pace, and clearing out all of the delivery for the next day. The most enjoyable part of the job was organising the stock and helping the customers find what they need.
Pros
Christmas discount
Cons
Work pace.
great place to work
always up to date
sales orientated
people come 1st
progression
Unfortunately, a bad memory for me.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast23 May 2018
Primark was my first paid job, and I arrived eager and willing to learn. I left dejected and angry. The customers aren't that bad, they're the same that you'll find anywhere. The management on the other hand, are incompetent and arrogant.
Pros
The salary isn't bad
Cons
Completely moronic management
Enjoyed working here
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wembley22 May 2018
Even though I spent only two weeks here for my unpaid school work experience, I really enjoyed working alongside the other staff. The area is great and there is a lot to do during your lunch break. The managers were very helpful and made the experience worthwhile.

The work is tiring as you are on your feet all day, but there is always someone there to keep you company.
Pros
Lovely colleagues
Cons
Tiring
Demanding workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith22 May 2018
As my first experience as a retail assistant, Primark was a good choice but also more demanding than most of the other companies. Overall it was a good experience.
Very friendly place.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London21 May 2018
Nice atmosphere, people and menagament are very friendly which is a big plus. Minus, money could be better. Doing 8 hours shift we have 1.30 min break which is too long for me.
Okay place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon21 May 2018
It was good as an introduction into retail, and as a summer job during term time whilst in Sixth form, but the hours and holidays made it difficult to work around.
Wonderful
Associate (Former Employee) –  Coventry21 May 2018
I loved working at Primark. The staff were wonderful and they understood your needs and were very generous about if you were being affected personally and could not deal in work. The people there were lovely and I wish I could have stayed but I was moving back home.
Pros
Staff is wonderful, short hours, lovely customers
it was good experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  floors, UK19 May 2018
I have learnt how to hover, catch moping the floor.
I have done buffing the floor and clearing the black marks from the floor with green pad removing.
Busy yet productive workplace.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 May 2018
The day began with putting out returns, followed by completing the delivery that came in that morning. The recovery and pick ups of the items occurred throughout the day.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
busy environment
Management/Supervisors were awful
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford18 May 2018
A typical day consisted of working on the checkouts serving customers and occasionally ensuring that the shop floor is neat and tidy.
The job itself was ok. The customers were lovely and it was easy work however the supervisors and management are awful. Always ignoring your call for assistance and talking to you in a rude and horrible manner. If your face does not fit, forget it.
Pros
Weekends free
Cons
Management and Supervisors
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 May 2018
a typical day in primark would depend on what job you are doing, however it would mostly consist of customer service and keeping the shop tidy, i learned retail skills.
Fun workpace
Assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Bradford17 May 2018
Everyday at work you meet new people, everyone has a good relationship together and a diversity of customers are always welcomed into the store. We all work as a team to make sure all work gets done.
Pros
Meeting new people
okay
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry17 May 2018
My responsibilities were working on the shop floor, ranging from recovery on shop floor to returns. Dealing with customers and ensuring their requirements and needs are met to its highest quality also working at till banks. Bringing stock down onto the shop floor and pricing sale items. I also did admin work for example sorted out damaged goods and checking the system for the item price and calculating the loss and whether it can be sold and noting the information of each items.
Fun place to work.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 May 2018
Good place to work for people who like meet new people and for students. Few shifts available, big flexibility of work. Part or full time job possible.
great teamwork present
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 May 2018
i believe this is a brilliant first job or a brilliant job for someone that is studying but when that's over you have to find a job regarding what you have studied because working in primark is a full of wide ranging task some hard and some easy.
I have learnt that you just have to get on day by day and take one task at a time and not rush what you are doing because that's when it al starts to go wrong.i love working this job but I'm currently to further my career.
Pros
diffrent shift timing
Cons
repetative days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K