Primark Employee Reviews

Found 3,047 reviews matching the search See all 5,014 reviews
Fun place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff30 August 2018
I enjoyed working here as you get to meet new people every day. Work colleagues were welcoming and was a nice environment. being on your feet was quite tiring sometimes but overall very good place to work.
Pros
excellent team
Cons
A great place to work unless you have probelm
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 August 2018
An interesting place to work where the colleagues are great and the atmosphere is busy. However as a young part-time lackey, when I needed time off for surgery they weren't understanding at all. I had to quit due to an argument with HR over needing more time of as I'd had still not recovered enough to go to a fairly active job. Other than that I had no issues and enjoyed my brief time there.
Pros
Good team work, busy days, rarely bored.
Cons
Lack of understanding
Productive and fun colleague team
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester29 August 2018
I was part of the weekend staff and met fun colleagues who made the job very productive and enjoyable. An advantage was easy overtime shifts to work and they were always available.
Pros
Overtime shifts
Cons
Working in an unfamiliar department
nothing
Sales assistant duties (Former Employee) –  Mayfair28 August 2018
no discount managers are rude staff are lazy they treat you like your not human no equal rights in this company.customers are rude and security is also poor
Pros
money, holiday
Cons
everything
Difficult and frustrating
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Chester24 August 2018
I was a member of the weekend staff based in the fitting rooms when I worked at Primark. My colleagues and I referred to the fitting rooms as the land of the forgotten as we were always understaffed and unsupported. Management do not treat you with respect and often pull you up over the most insignificant things, or things that aren't actually wrong. Your breaks are unpaid and the shifts are short and at awkward times. If you could not do overtime due to other priorities (such as University work for me) they would ostracise you and belittle you for it.
Pros
Good job to get you through Uni
Cons
Kind of a "Clique" environment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Bristol22 August 2018
It's very easy to work at Primark, as for me at least usually know what I'm meant to be doing and your hours on contract are the same very week so you can easily plan holidays, etc. ahead. However it doesn't have a close community for the colleagues so personally I don't really know many other people that work at my store.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
not much of a sense of community
fun with colleagues
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 August 2018
its a good, fun environment. friendly people but the managers are not so nice. a bit disrespectful, condescending, patronizing and the supervisors are a lot worse
good experience
helper staff (Former Employee) –  Taunton21 August 2018
i have learnt a lot of skills in a perioid of time that I have had work experience there like working in a team and had insite on a company that works on a bigger scale
Horrible place to work
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Telford20 August 2018
Unless you are part of the clicky group of people who are in charge, this is not a nice place to work. Straight from school this was my first job and it was incredibly un-enjoyable.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Having to work there
Enjoyable but challenging
Customer Facing Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 August 2018
During my short period of working at Primark I would make may way there straight from college and leave late at night which seemed to be the biggest challenge. I learnt good customer service skills and how to use a till in the retail store which will be useful in future careers. I enjoyed the enviroment I worked in and the people were fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was going from college at 3 then returning home at sometimes 11pm then back up for college at 7am. This proved to be quite a struggle for me therefore i had to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the new fashion items first and then meeting all the staff, it was a very enjoyable job and id recommend it to anyone.
Was nice
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton20 August 2018
Was lovely to work for. I worked 20 hrs a week on men's ware and children's department. I was on the tills. Just had problems with parking in the town.
GOH Unrealistic Targets and Marathon Shift
GOH Picker (Current Employee) –  Islip, Northamptonshire19 August 2018
Constantly covering over 12 miles a days in addition to managers telling you of being slow. They absolutely do not care about the welfare of the colleagues. Managers are paid to simply monitor your picking rate through their electronic system.

I would not advise even a dog to go there for a walk.
Pros
Car park
Cons
Unrealistic targets, incapable managers and everything else.
productive and a fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon18 August 2018
It is very good and fun to work there, i wouljd highly recomend people to work there as they have good pay and look after their staff properly by giving them breaks and etc
Pros
overtime
Fun and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
It was a good job with potential to grow within the company and the employers were lovely and pushed for what was best for everyone within the company
fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston16 August 2018
fun place to work can be very busy at times, good staff, not much training or chance to climb the ladder, hours are okay always overtime going if needed
could be better
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisham15 August 2018
Poor management and safety for staff, do not allow you to call sick otherwise bans will be issued for overtime. Security do not take proper precautions.
Pros
pay
Cons
cant call sick, poor management, no consideration for staff
Good team to work with
Customer Service Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire/ irvine ayrshire15 August 2018
Good work ethics had good raport with staff and customers. Easiest part of job was keeping customers happy always quick service and being accurate on till. Hardest part was some team members speed and acurracy was frustrating. The most enjoyable part was surprising customers if they picked a bargain and didn't know.
Pros
Regular working patteen
Cons
No store benefits.
Proactive and fast passed
Buyer Footwear and Accessories (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2018
If you're looking for a fast passed company who allow you to develop and trade then Primark is for you. I had a great few years a the company, the culture is great, its very product focused and everyone us working towards the same goals.
Pros
Great company and very generous
Cons
Location isnt great but offices are
do not apply
Retail Operative (Current Employee) –  Guildford13 August 2018
worked at primark for 3 months worst experience of my life. Managers don't care and treat you awfully. ended up leaving because of mental stress from the company
Pros
easy job to get
Cons
horrible, uncomfortable place to work
Ok work place
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  London13 August 2018
A typical work day I would report to my supervisor and they would tell me what to do which would be performing all register functions in line with company policy, working on the till, maintaining stock levels to maximise sales, promote specific lines under the guidance of management, use available information to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales,
I learned what hard work is like
The management in my opinion where rude and unfair
Colleagues made the work enjoyable
Working in the stock room was the hardest part of the job
Working on the tills was the easiest part of the job
Pros
colleagues
Cons
the managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K