Primark Employee Reviews

Patronising managers
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire29 November 2018
Patronising managers, low wage, no employee discount except a few weeks before christmas, obviously a really busy shop with little help. But it was a good place to start for a first job
Enjoyable fast paced
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire29 November 2018
A typical day at work is to replenish stock and tidy the store. I enjoy working here as all other staff are welcoming and friendly. I would like to find the job more challenging mentally and be able to use my thinking, organisational and customer interaction skills more.
Floor assistant
floor assistant on kids wear (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire27 November 2018
I working on the kids wear department part-time while studying at university. I loved my time at this Primark, I made some amazing life long friends and got on well with most of the managers. There were a few managers that made working there very hard and belittled many of the floor staff and treated us like their little children. However, there are also amazing managers here that i have learnt a lot from and will always remember.

The customers can be very rude sometimes but if you work in a bust store like Primark; you've got to expect this.
Pros
Colleagues, the work, some managers and grow within the company
Cons
Some managers and some customers
fun but a lot of work
Cash Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton27 November 2018
when it's peak times, management can get stressful and pressure you to get things done a lot quicker than on normal off peak times, which can stress a lot of the new staff out.
Brand New Store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate27 November 2018
I started working here when the store first opened, It was a very busy shop and keeping the floor well stocked was an important part of the role along with making sure the customers had a good experience in the shop
Good
Retails Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton26 November 2018
It is a good start to work into retail. You learn alot of key skills such as tills and customer services. The pay isnt amazing. You will rarley see the manger of the store. There is no benefits from working here apart from 20% off at christmas
Good place for young people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester26 November 2018
It was my first job in UK, I was very happy to work for Primark. I learned a lot and managed to get from Christmas temp to full time supervisor with a lot of hard work.
Cons
Low wage
not a fun place to work
RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London26 November 2018
very alienating and draining working environment with no appreciation and constant demand, sometimes even unreasonable. supervisor's often do not know what they are doing while manager spends the whole day in offices or if they not they are on the shop floor with ridiculous demands and expectations for a not enough paid job in relation to the struggle.
Pros
Cons
environment
It seems like I will enjoy it if I have place in Primark
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 November 2018
Primark is good because the workers are very helpful to the customer and the service is so good. Also, Primark is cheap because the customer can afford it.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good and Bad
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend-on-Sea, Essex23 November 2018
In the Primark i worked at my co workers were amazing without them probably wouldn't have lasted 2 years. Working on tills can be repetitive and boring but working on department is much better. The pay was good considering the job when I left i think i was on £7.60 per hour and this was the same for those aged 16-21. when you turn 21 pay rises but unsure on what that is.
Worst part of the job was the weekend staff have to work bank holidays so one year i ended up working Christmas eve boxing day and news years day.
Cons
Weekend staff have to work bank holidays e.g Boxing Day, New years day
They pay pennies and expect 150% but give nothing back
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading22 November 2018
I worked mostly night shifts which meant that it was a small team, the people were nice and even the manager i got on with, but the fact is that they expect you to do the work of 3 people for the pay of half a person and that was with the added bonus you get for working unsociable hours. Some of the team members had been there for years and were still in the same minimum wage position and the only way to move up was to try and befriend your manager. If you couldn't finish in time you didn't get to go home, even if it was the managers fault for ordering too much for the team size. They need to realise that we're people too, or at least pay a living wage. There are no rewards or bonuses or incentives.
Pros
nice team mates
Cons
everything else
good
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester22 November 2018
overall a good place to work. fast paced and busy. each day brings new challenges. friendly colleagues and enjoyable. always changing and adapting to customers needs
Fast pased
Primark Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne21 November 2018
Friendly staff. A good place for a first time job, basic pay but great retail experience. A fast paced environment where you will carry out a variety of jobs in a short period of time.
Pros
Getting to see new stock first
Cons
Same thing day to day
Productive work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London21 November 2018
I've learned a good amount of retail experience as I've been working there for two years. Primark can be stressful at times when it can get busy but that's the retail life. Some of the management can be really down to earth and some may take their job too seriously, but don't let that put you off as you can make many friends and speak too many customers as this can boost your confidence up in many ways.
Pros
Work colleagues makes the day even better
Cons
Very Busy on weekends
productive and busy workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex20 November 2018
It is a good place to work, decent wage. satisfactory first job. i would highly recommend working in this particular role if you are of a young age and need a temporary job as it is a easy and fast paced job. i liked working there due to the colleagues there but disliked it due to the heat and some challenging customers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Decent for a student job
Customer Assistant and Stock Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Canterbury20 November 2018
I was a seasonal temp, so my job didn't have long hours.

Booking overtime was tricky at times because there is no direct line to book overtime on. There were times were no one picked up the phones.

The task given were repetitive but easy to pick up.

The employees and most of the higher ups were quite friendly. There are some managers who are stricter than others but that is always expected.
Pros
flexible with overtime.
Cons
Unorganised.
Very busy
Sales Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 November 2018
A lot of opportunity for over time
Gain new skills/ perfect for a first time job role
Can be flexible with hours
Customers can be difficult
Management ok
The WORST job I have ever had
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset19 November 2018
Wouldn’t advise anyone to work here, awful work place where management actually bully staff and supervisors, treat us like dirt on the floor and expect such unrealistic things from us, also a lot of the time managers are being rude about staff members without realising who is around and listening. You could do your absolute most and it still wouldn’t be good enough. Wouldn’t waste your time even applying for a job here.
Also there are no limits when it comes to health and safety and general care in the company, boxes stacked to the ceiling and fire exits blocked. Always a mad rush to clear things when a health and safety visitor comes around and faking that boxes haven’t almost fallen on top of us numorous times due to there being so much stock ordered into the building.
Best thing I ever did was leave Primark, the place is bad for your health.
Pros
ZERO pros AT ALL
Cons
Every single thing
In this work, I learned and acquired many skills, such as using tills, folding clothes in a different way and also learning how to order produucts. F
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guildford16 November 2018
For a year working a this store, I met wonderful people who were very kind to me, they always helpd me and supported me when I had some difficulty.
I had many challenges working in a store, one of them was learning how to handle customers in the best possible way, which is not easy, as some clients are demanding and have others who are not on their best days and end up discounting the employees.
Pros
Everyone helps and works in a team
Cons
Very busy
Ok workpace
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire14 November 2018
Planning my day with my guild lies from VM team. Communicate with management to confirm what need to be done that day. Flexible hours for me and my family.