Primark Employee Reviews

Found 3,043 reviews matching the search See all 5,005 reviews
work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  london6 September 2018
a regular day would be shopping for customers or working on the tills and then at the end f the day we would be cleaning the store prepping it for the next day. The managers were rude and abused power
easy retail job
Christmas Temporary Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough5 September 2018
Worked as till staff, very easy consisting of scanning and bagging. Supervisor handled any till mistakes e.g double scanning.

One of the supervisors had a superiority complex making it an unhappy place to work.

Hardest part of the job was packing large winter coats into a bag as they did not fit.
Pros
10% discount at christmas, easy work
Cons
short hours, supervisor picked favourites
Fun and exciting new experience
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  York5 September 2018
The hours work well around my life outside of this company. Staff are always friendly and willing to help as much as they can. Enjoyable new experience for someone looking for a permanent job
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
lack of organisation when it comes to holidays
would not work there again
customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station4 September 2018
a typical day there is super busy and staff are always rushed off their feet and constantly made to work extremely hard. the managers there are unnecessarily strict and not very friendly. it is not a place i would recommend.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 September 2018
productive work environment where people are respectful, polite and genuine. where an individual can excel into better and higher positions, an enjoyable work place and nice environment to work.
stressful!!
Temporary Returns Team (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London4 September 2018
Took this job to get me by, was never told it was Temp work. I only needed something 2 days a week to get me by whilst i'm in college so thought it was perfect!

There wasn't a day that went by where I wasn't asked to do overtime despite stating I'm not able to from the very beginning. Very stressful environment.. 1 rail is 1 hour worth of work; took longer as they were rarely sorted properly. Was forever being moved onto different floors. Never, ever got trained on tills or refunds like I was supposed to. 3 week review? never happened. 6 week review? got spoken to by management then told to hurry up, had my name scribbled out on a sheet. Received a letter after 3 months saying my contract had ended and needed to hand in my uniform after my last shift.

only pro was the retail staff (non-management) I worked with and wage in my eyes, one of the most stressful places I've ever worked.
Pros
wage, non-management staff are wonderful!
Cons
pressure for overtime, never enough staff
fun and productive
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackburn4 September 2018
The best thing abut this job is that you can learn and develop new skills along the way. there is always something you discover that you may never have known.
really bad management
SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  lewisham3 September 2018
The manager was rude and didn't care about the team. However, the colleagues were supportive and always ready to help. The job isn't easy but the customers make it worth it...NOT ALWAYS THO.
repetitive but easy
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent3 September 2018
I had my own department which I manage within the store. Work at Primark is fast paced, this has allowed me to develop my time management skills this has also allowed me to work under pressure with ease, I also had lots of interaction with customers. Primark also
transferred me from my home store to a store closer to my university when I moved.
Pros
variety of working hours
Cons
repetitive work
Fun workplace
Retail adviser (Former Employee) –  Newport2 September 2018
This Excellent retail company gave me my first part- time job. It helped me provide the confidence to communicate with the public and advertise the company with the knowledge of Primark.
Pros
Providing extra hours
Cons
Only providing 4 hours a weekend of work to begin the job

Want to know more about Primark?

Ask a question
productive
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 September 2018
Enjoyable work place where colleagues and staff are friendly, polite and supportive. Primark give the opportunity for progression in the work place which keeps the staff eager.
Retail Assistant/Customer Services (Current Employee) –  London1 September 2018
Everyday is not the same at Primark but there is a few challenges along the way. It is a a okay place to work. The enjoyable part about working there is getting to meet interesting people and learning new things everyday. The new skills that I have learned while being there is being able to stay on top of all my day to day tasks including being able to deal with customers questions.
management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London Borough of Islington31 August 2018
they can be unfair sometimes they don't like you talking to other colleagues when their always seen having chats with other managers they treat some staff better than others especially the older ones.....dont get me wrong some of them are really nice but they never care about your well being.
Pros
good staff members very helpful
Cons
we get nothing out of working here no discounts on anything
Decent
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea31 August 2018
I worked here awhile ago, Primark is a great place to work if you enjoy working in retail. Most of the people they employ though are scruffy and are always swearing in front of customers and kids
Pros
fun and always occupies you
Cons
colleagues are rude
Alright
Retail Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham30 August 2018
This was just a job to get money in my pocket when I was a young teenager. They don't seem to be very understanding of mental health, however, they are the best company I've worked for as of yet.
Basic
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marble Arch Station30 August 2018
Basic salary, management not very considerate of staffs external commitments.
Not very proffesional feels more like a school envrionment rather than a professional environment.
Fun place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff30 August 2018
I enjoyed working here as you get to meet new people every day. Work colleagues were welcoming and was a nice environment. being on your feet was quite tiring sometimes but overall very good place to work.
Pros
excellent team
Cons
A great place to work unless you have probelm
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 August 2018
An interesting place to work where the colleagues are great and the atmosphere is busy. However as a young part-time lackey, when I needed time off for surgery they weren't understanding at all. I had to quit due to an argument with HR over needing more time of as I'd had still not recovered enough to go to a fairly active job. Other than that I had no issues and enjoyed my brief time there.
Pros
Good team work, busy days, rarely bored.
Cons
Lack of understanding
Productive and fun colleague team
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester29 August 2018
I was part of the weekend staff and met fun colleagues who made the job very productive and enjoyable. An advantage was easy overtime shifts to work and they were always available.
Pros
Overtime shifts
Cons
Working in an unfamiliar department
nothing
Sales assistant duties (Former Employee) –  Mayfair28 August 2018
no discount managers are rude staff are lazy they treat you like your not human no equal rights in this company.customers are rude and security is also poor
Pros
money, holiday
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K