Primark Pay & Benefits reviews

Repetitive and Boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne19 February 2018
Expected to do far more than what you get paid minimum wage to do, some of the workers are nice, most are miserable, probably due to how boring and repetitive the job is. Only positive is that the job is very simple but then again, that just makes the day drag. Also very strict with holidays.
Pros
making friends
Cons
boring
Stressful and unfriendly staff management
Sales and customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road19 February 2018
It was a not so good experience. The management staff was very unpleasant to the employees. The communication was very poor and employees were not respected. I would say the management was very poor
Pros
Paid Extra hours
Cons
not flexible
Great family dynamic
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian18 February 2018
Great place to work although pay and benefits are not great. Staff are really close and are the best part of working here. Management are friendly but do not have the best communication.
Pros
Colleagues are like family
Cons
Little opportunity for career progression
Good atmosphere
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield17 February 2018
Primark is generally a very good employer. It is good for students, people who need additional source of income and a part-time job. They are very flexible with your schedule and atmosphere at work is really nice. There is no stress at all and all of the staff and managers are easygoing and friendly.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
pay
Not a great place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham13 February 2018
This was my first part time job, as much as I appreciated the opportunity to finally have a job. The working environment was very toxic, I was extremely unhappy with the management here.
Cons
No extra hour payment, long hours
Good fun if you enjoy working hard, which I do.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire13 February 2018
Not a bad place to work, I would have stayed if I had had a choice but they were not taking on at the time. I was a temporary Christmas worker enjoying every minute of my time interacting with the public.
Pros
Good canteen.
Cons
Never got away on time.
not the best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead13 February 2018
I had a Christmas temp job here, it is not the best of jobs. Managers were rude, seems like they only care about there selves and money. A few managers come across as harsh. its an okay job, depending on what you are looking to get out of it. I was picked on by two of the managers/store manager.
Pros
discount near christmas
Cons
long hours, rude managers, treated like a slave
Lively workplace, friendly stass
Fitting Rooms Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow12 February 2018
Primark was a fast paced, but fun working environment. The staff really make it a nice place to work, and the hours are good, and there was also extra hours available.
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire9 February 2018
Very stressful. Staff are overworked. Not sympathetic to the needs of their staff. Breaks are not payed. Holidays are difficult to book. Last minute overtime.
Stepping Stone
Sales Assistant/Keyholder/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  East Ham9 February 2018
I see Primark as a stepping stone more than a career, I have matured as a person at Primark. Unlike other employees due to the way I work and being a fast learner I was fortunate enough to be given a few different roles, including positions of responsibility. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet. The hardest part of the job has to be the Pay and Benefits.
Pros
Colleagues, Overtime
Cons
Pay, Benefits
Awful Management!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex9 February 2018
I worked at 2 different stores, the first store I worked in was lovely but Chelmsford really was a kick up the backside!

First off, management, what a joke! Treating you like you're at school, like to belittle you whenever the opportunity was given. No induction given, wasn't shown where the fire exits were or even the evacuation point, so god forbid a fire ever happened, I would have been in trouble.

Don't get me wrong, staff that you worked with were lovely, very supportive, but couldn't approach them much because if you were seen talking, you'd be in trouble. Too many jobs to do and no time to do them.

Honestly I would avoid Chelmsford at all costs.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers, for once of my retail life I can actually say the customers were 9/10 lovely. Oh and the breaks were actually decent.

Cons of the job are management, no staff discount (except 10% at Christmas), and as usual in any shop, not enough staff. I wonder why.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
Management, no staff discount (no benefits at all)
Money is good and the people are great
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down6 February 2018
One of the best things about Primark is the money, not just the PH rate but how the pay is up to time and a half on Sundays or bank holidays.
With the right people morale can be excellent.

If you are expecting to get a bigger or better career then Primark isn't the place for you, when it comes to the needs of it's employees they choose to ignore and expect you to work certain hours on their terms,
Reliable multicultural company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex4 February 2018
Pleasure to work within professional environment. The company offers extremely flexible hours and opportunities for self-develop. Free training provided.
Pros
Flexible company
Wouldn’t recommend
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow3 February 2018
Currently work for Primark, and honestly I would not recommend working here, you get £4.80 if your under 18, and when you turn 18 it’s £6.25, you do constant long hours, for a rubbish pay, and your wages are terrible. Trying to find another job, in the winter it’s always freezing and the summer it’s far too warm. I constantly do the same thing (fitting rooms) every weekend, and it’s just boring, there’s no variation at all.
Pros
10% discount in November, great staff members
Cons
Long hours, bad rate of pay, repetitive shifts over and over, bad management, rude customers
It was okay as a part-time job in college
Retail Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury1 February 2018
I worked here when I was 17 so the pay wasn't very good, but a lot of that will be because of my age which I understand.

Tasks were repetitive, but what else can you expect from a part time retail position.

Overall it was a good experience.
great place to work
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff31 January 2018
great place to work . good rates of pay .

there are lots of opportunity to rise above the ranks. great bunch of people good team to work with

hours to suit
weekend if you want to work
Pros
n/a
Cons
friendly and face paced place to work
SALES ASSISSANT (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent30 January 2018
Primark is a fast paced place to work with a big variety of friendly people to work with.
It is very easy to move to higher responsibility jobs, and in to management. Overtime is also readily available.

However it is only pays minimum wage, with no befits for working for this company
Pros
overtime available, don't have to work weekends
Cons
minimum wage
Stressful but fun at times
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London25 January 2018
It was fun working in primark but VERY stressful do not apply for this job if you cannot deal with pressure and stress in An work environment.
Loved my workmates everyone was young & fun to work with
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Low pay
Trash
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London23 January 2018
Management trash
Salary trash
Security trash

You work so many hours and get trash pay and have no benefits. This is the worst place to work in retail. Management do not care for you at all. Furthermore, the CEO of Primark is all about saving money in every form and way therefore it makes sense as to why you get paid so low and why they hire so many 16 year olds. its almost free labour
Fun place
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London23 January 2018
Its a fun friendly place to work in and you do end up making lots of friends. Its an easy job but standing on your feet can make it difficult. it does get boring doing the same thing over and over again but you have plenty of customers with different questions.
Cons
low paid, standing on your feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K