Primark Pay & Benefits reviews

could be better
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisham15 August 2018
Poor management and safety for staff, do not allow you to call sick otherwise bans will be issued for overtime. Security do not take proper precautions.
Pros
pay
Cons
cant call sick, poor management, no consideration for staff
Good team to work with
Customer Service Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire/ irvine ayrshire15 August 2018
Good work ethics had good raport with staff and customers. Easiest part of job was keeping customers happy always quick service and being accurate on till. Hardest part was some team members speed and acurracy was frustrating. The most enjoyable part was surprising customers if they picked a bargain and didn't know.
Pros
Regular working patteen
Cons
No store benefits.
productive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre10 August 2018
working in primark isnt always the same everyday job the managers and supervisors will change where you work so you will not lose concentration and lack in enthusiasm in the workforce. the staff are lovely to work with and there isnt constant pressure.
Pros
not always long hours
Cons
unpaid small 15 minute breaks
Flexible
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Derby6 August 2018
Fairly good company to work for, there are little to no staff benefits, however I enjoyed my time working there. It's a shame there aren't more full time options otherwise I wouldn't have left.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
poor pay/no benefits
not keen
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool2 August 2018
it does have benefits such as majority of staff are friendly and it is usually busy which makes the time go by quicker. No staff discount, and a lot of pressure
Pros
friendly staff
The job
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster23 July 2018
I loved working there but the salary was too short and I also tried putting down for full time work but was refused. So I managed to get in quiet a load of overtime in but the payment was never the same. I would recommend anyone working there but I wouldn't go back my self.
Very good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 July 2018
A nice place to work.the hours are flexible and you get to meet different types of people everyday.you can also get extra hours.you get paid for overtime.the management sector is very considerate.
Cons
Good job but with little reward
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton15 July 2018
Minimum wage paid and no employee perks so nothing special. Tasks are strenuous on some days. Almost always asked to do overtime but of course under no obligation to. Lots of overtime available to earn extra money. Some higher members of staff not very approachable. Working conditions aren't always the best and not much seems to be done about it.
Great for school leavers
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire5 July 2018
If you have just left college or uni this is ideal, really flexible hours and pay are very good. Such a relaxed environment as well it really is a great place to work
Average job
Primark Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford4 July 2018
Primark is retail experience tested to the limit. The job requires a lot of patience and hard work. It is beneficial for gaining retail experience, if looking to get into the retail industry.
Pros
pay is decent
Primark Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidstone4 July 2018
There's always something to do at Primark. When it's really busy there is always something to do but when it's quiet it can be a struggle to find something to do. It is a good job, money is decent.
Pros
1 hour lunch, Pay is decent
Cons
No full time hours available
If you want part time and don’t mind the wage then it’s the job for you
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool2 July 2018
Primark is good place to work if you want to get your foot in the door in retail, but the hours aren’t enough and the wage isn’t the best. The mangers are lovely and so is all the staff. You don’t get discount until November and it’s only 10% and you don’t get a break if your not doing overtime because its only a short shift everyday good thing is your off weekends if you work on the weekday.
Pros
Long breaks if doing overtime
Cons
Pay isn’t the best
average workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2018
The pay was average considering the workload but overall not that bad. workdays seem long but go by quickly and a majority of evening staff will leave the store late to tidy the shop, regardless of shift finishing hours. Management are nice and understanding and overtime is offered also. Overall it is an average job.
n/a
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter24 June 2018
Working for Primark was very rewarding as during my time there it was Christmas which meant all staff got discount on all products. The environment working here was very fast paced but also very rewarding knowing that we were making someone's shopping experience better by being attentive and alert to their every needs. The salary and hourly rate here was reasonable and the hours were never too long as the shop has a specific opening and closing time so I was never there after 6pm which was very nice considering at the time I was still at school so had a lot of school work and exams to prep for whilst holding down a job.
Fun place to work, however management needs improvement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 June 2018
Great place to work for students as you meet many like minded people. There is a lot of overtime provided if you need, which is great if youre in need of extra money.
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands18 June 2018
Primark is a really good place to work, you make friends for life there. The job overall isn't difficult and can be very good for people looking to work extra hours.
Pros
overtime opportunity
Cons
management lack communication
Great but some downs
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey17 June 2018
Working at Primark was a great experience, it gave me an insight on how companies who sell clothing worked. How it was organised, how it all worked etc. And I do recommend it, if you can do the hours you have been put down for.

However, it is over ran with people I found who had very little knowledge of how the company worked and why we would do it one way and not the other. I found the managers and supervisor to be quite unfair at time but most of it would be understandable. If you where going to work at Primark I would recommend doing a Zero hour contract, as it would more flexible to you. If you needed one of the hours you do off you’d have to let them know 4 weeks prior and no one really know 4 weeks before what they are going to be doing.
Cons
No benefits
it could be better
Primark Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London15 June 2018
the management is very poor at the shop and they could definitely be more organized with their stock and staff.
I am working at the store in Lewisham Primark
Pros
Great people to work with and decent salary
Cons
Bad management, unorganised, there is not a no tolerance policy
fun place to work in
retail operative (Current Employee) –  Harrow on the Hill, Greater London13 June 2018
primark is a good company to work for if you want to progress but when you are a retail operative the pay is not good at all and workload is a lot
you do meet new people
Pros
free uniform
Cons
A great place to get experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2018
There was flexibility in the working environment at Primark. I learned how to be confident and deal with customer complaints or any issues. Learned how to provide excellent customer service. It was a fun and productive place to work in. Most enjoyable part was meeting and working with people of my age group. Hardest part of the job was that somedays it could get extremely busy during summer and there was a lot of pressure. Management was nice and praised our efforts.
Pros
Can work overtime, good pay and they hired even without previous experience
Cons
no discounts until seasonal promotions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K