Primark Pay & Benefits reviews

Very friendly place.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London21 May 2018
Nice atmosphere, people and menagament are very friendly which is a big plus. Minus, money could be better. Doing 8 hours shift we have 1.30 min break which is too long for me.
Okay place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon21 May 2018
It was good as an introduction into retail, and as a summer job during term time whilst in Sixth form, but the hours and holidays made it difficult to work around.
management was poor
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 May 2018
It was really hard to get an over time even when I had written my name first on the list and whenever I did manage to get some overtime they would replace me with someone else that they liked.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
annoying managers
Ok for students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 May 2018
it's an ok job if you are a student as you can pick up overtime a lot of the time to earn some extra money but as far as trying to get a career in Primark, management is not exactly helpful
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London7 May 2018
Provide excellent customer service,meet and greet,engage with customers directly to help them have an outstanding shopping experience,process purchases,refunds,exchanges,answering phone,making announcements,provide customers with alternatives on the shop floor,replenishment of stock,recoveries,tidy floor etc.Learned to manage the tills,recoveries etc.
Pros
Opportunity to meet people from different backgrounds
Cons
less salary
Productive, hard working workplace
Retail sales assistant (Current Employee) –  London6 May 2018
Primark's a hit retail store which means it is constantly busy. Some days this can be challenging. There are no benefits with working for Primark and sometimes they can overwork you. However, a job is a job and it is an incredible place to work especially for a first job as there are colleagues a similar age, especially on weekends, going through similar circumstances (education etc)
Robotic, Poor
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester5 May 2018
The management team seem to believe staff are robots with no life outside of the job and you are unable to have a day off from illness without being scrutinised and insulted. They also are very unprofessional when conducting one on one meetings and some lie a lot to cover themselves which results in the sales staff being criticised. Some days can be good as all the sales/floor staff are like a little family which is nice but for the pay which we receive and the hassle the job gives you it isn't worth it.
Pros
Overtime always available
Cons
management, salary
Busy fast pace environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 April 2018
Work was always busy which was good, helped me keep occupied on the long shifts. Working at tills at the busy periods was the best and the staff were all really friendly.
Pros
Fixed pay
Cons
Fixed long hours
Brilliant Job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester27 April 2018
I worked in the wigan Job. They offer jobs for people who either want to work weekdays or weekends. The breaks are excellent, I have never worked for a company who give so many breaks. There is an option to join a union. In the time that I worked there I never once saw anyone fail their probation period. The job is fast paced but enjoyable. I left the job because I moved house otherwise I would of been there alot longer. I did have some problems whilst working here but I gave as good as I got. Also overtime was always available to pick up. The staff all seemed to get on aswell.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Tiring on your feet .
It was a good atmosphere
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey21 April 2018
It was a really good job I shouldn’t have if I had a chance to go back I would the pay was good and also the work times were really good plus really nice people work there

Want to know more about Primark?

Ask a question
Long Hours
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 April 2018
I worked as a night shift worker and whilst the money was beneficial, the hours took their toll and the management was sometimes problematic. The work was often monotonous and the hours dragged.
Everyone was nice
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire11 April 2018
I hardly got any hours, and was on very low wage. Even though it was fun to work there because of the people it's was still boring. It was always hot and felt like you was always under pressure by the supervisors.
good place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire3 April 2018
good place to work but salary is minimum . Working environment is quit good . Collegues are very helpful and friendly . management is very helpful and supporting .
good start at retail, not for staying longer
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 March 2018
Really poor management, shouting at people, not organised at all, different managers give different orders what to do the same time, minimum wage, only good thing - can work part time and choose which shift, avaialble overtime
do not recommend
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 March 2018
the pay is terrible £4.25 an hour and the atmosphere is boring especially if you're under 18. this job is suitable for pensioners and older adults. i wouldnt recommend working here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad pay
one of the best places ive worked
Till Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station26 March 2018
supervisors always helpful,, nice work environment, plenty of break time to eat lunch, friendly staff.
all staff get together even out of work hours, everyone is like a small family.
Pros
lunch times
Busy and enjoyable.
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs20 March 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was being on the tills, I was always talking to the public, helping them in any way i can. It was a fast pacing job, there was always something to do.
Pros
short hours.
Summary
Retail asistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire13 March 2018
work was good, good hours and they helped you when starting. They set you up well for any other work as they understand this may not be a job that you'll want forever
paid the bills
nightshift (Former Employee) –  manchester8 March 2018
Paid the bills worth it if cant find any job else where, good opportunity to grow and be promoted, nights flew by with good work colleagues to get you through the slow nights.
Not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex7 March 2018
Certain managers don't seem to care, power happy most of the time. Supervisors are also like this.

Was told I'd be trained on customer service although this never happened. It's not a bad first job, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for advancement.

Overall not the WORST job in the world, but definitely not the best either.

No benefits at all. The only discount you get is over Christmas which is 10%.
Pros
Long breaks, guaranteed hours (no zero hour contracts)
Cons
Management, no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K