Primark Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 624 reviews matching the search See all 5,365 reviews
Amazing place to work, Very fun
Primark Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester13 January 2019
I was on the till, customer service and had also helped out folding the t shirts. Very good pay and was never boring. I was very good in my customer service and had been well trained
Pros
The pay
Cons
No workers discount
nice place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road11 January 2019
the place is very nice to work but the management is rubbish, they don't respect they staff at all and it is very hard to get holiday and sometimes they give you the holidays even if you don't want it.
Pros
salary
Cons
A lot of work but really friendly staff.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlton, Greater London10 January 2019
The pay was good and there is always something to do. Supervisors are okay and staff is friendly and you can make good friends.
Overtime available. Nothing really bad about it.
Pros
Good pay
Very busy and occupying workplace
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Taunton7 January 2019
Very busy workplace, you always have tasks to be completed and is a very physical job. Takes a lot of employees to keep the place tidy and functional.
Pros
Half hour lunch breaks
Cons
okay for a temporary job
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone2 January 2019
very unrewarding. no motivation for doing well. just imagine picking up and folding clothes for hours and hours then staying late to do some more picking up and folding. id recommend if your desperate but long term it will drive you mad.
Cons
unrewarding, minimum wage.
friendly atmosphere
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  East Sussex29 December 2018
Every day is varied and different which makes the time go by quicker. The supervisors and managers are all really supportive and everyone helps each other out in the store as part of a close-knit team. Hours are flexible and there is overtime available too. Pay is also good - £7.38 p/hour (for a 16 year old!)
Pros
good pay, management very approachable
Cons
no staff discount (except 10% off at christmas)
Poor working environment
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester20 December 2018
Poor working environment, lots of rude impaciant customers, with very little pay or benefits. Managers would put you in for overtime without checking with you first. Do not recommend
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Rude customers, forced overtime
nice staff, very busy and always short of staff
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staines, Surrey, UK18 December 2018
Always short of staff, friendly staff, management needs improving. I liked working in primark because the day goes quick, as you are always busy and on your feet. If you are weekday staff you get your weekends off and your bank holidays off too.
Pros
Always busy time goes quick
Cons
Low pay and unpaid break
productive
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London18 December 2018
A typical day at work was not too hard nor was it too easy. Working at Primark allowed me to develop my skills and become a better worker overall. Furthermore, the staff were very friendly and attentive which allowed me to settle in fairly quickly. A drawback is that if you're looking for benefits from the job then you may be left disappointed. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with angry customers or working Christmas period as it got very demanding and fast paced. The most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues who were very helpful and kind which helped with the job.
It can be very stressful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, UK11 December 2018
It's fun if you get on with co-workers, but management isn't great. They don't give you enough training but still expect you to do everything right first time round.
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Long hours and little pay
good experience for my first job
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire11 December 2018
it was a well experienced job that I took part in for my first ever job, I experienced lots of things for example within the first day I new where everything would go but I do not think that it was the right job for me.
Pros
free lunches
temporary work only
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK10 December 2018
nice temp job, helped me over the Christmas period .nice people that I worked with professional company, regular shifts and payment on time quite liked working there..
Pros
nice people that i worked along.
Cons
short term work
Sales assistant/cashier
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2018
Primark is a hectic place to work especially during Christmas, the workload is too much and the pay is terrible, you got minimum wage and they make you work and stay even after your shift is over.
Fast Passed but Boring
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  NORTHAMPTON, NORTHAMPTON, UK5 December 2018
Very Boring job that drags.
The employees are nice and friendly.
Managers are 50/50.
Quite stressful for retail
Salary is low and little staff benefits
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire4 December 2018
Busy environment, fast past, alot is expected but the staff you work with make it worth it. A fun job and very interactive, can be tiring at busy times Christmas, Easter etc. otherwise enjoyable
Patronising managers
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire29 November 2018
Patronising managers, low wage, no employee discount except a few weeks before christmas, obviously a really busy shop with little help. But it was a good place to start for a first job
Good
Retails Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton26 November 2018
It is a good start to work into retail. You learn alot of key skills such as tills and customer services. The pay isnt amazing. You will rarley see the manger of the store. There is no benefits from working here apart from 20% off at christmas
Good place for young people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester26 November 2018
It was my first job in UK, I was very happy to work for Primark. I learned a lot and managed to get from Christmas temp to full time supervisor with a lot of hard work.
Cons
Low wage
It seems like I will enjoy it if I have place in Primark
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 November 2018
Primark is good because the workers are very helpful to the customer and the service is so good. Also, Primark is cheap because the customer can afford it.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Decent for a student job
Customer Assistant and Stock Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Canterbury20 November 2018
I was a seasonal temp, so my job didn't have long hours.

Booking overtime was tricky at times because there is no direct line to book overtime on. There were times were no one picked up the phones.

The task given were repetitive but easy to pick up.

The employees and most of the higher ups were quite friendly. There are some managers who are stricter than others but that is always expected.
Pros
flexible with overtime.
Cons
Unorganised.