Primark Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Productive and friendly workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 July 2018
* Receiving and distributing stock
*I have learned all aspects of stock management
*Management are fair, approachable and helpful
*The hardest part of job is the complicated computer system
*The job is rewarding with a very strong team rapport
Pros
Strong team rapport
Cons
Consistent late night shift patterns
great place to work
people come 1st
progression
Poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colchester12 May 2018
Worked there during opening period. Training in Chelmsford was great, they were well organised and had specific routines and helped each other out.
Moving back to Colchester store for the opening was awful. The managers were rude to staff, had no respect. Breaks were missed. They would never answer when called over the speakers. There was no communication between supervisors and management and any requests for improvement were ignored.
They attempted meetings before store opening but a few were always left out as they had jobs to be completed. A complete and utter sham.
Pros
Respect frlm staff
Cons
Poor management and organisation
Reliable multicultural company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex4 February 2018
Pleasure to work within professional environment. The company offers extremely flexible hours and opportunities for self-develop. Free training provided.
Pros
Flexible company
Friendly work place.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk28 January 2018
Busy workplace.

Fun workplace, lovely people to work with.

Good opportunities for progression.

NVQ qualifications offered.

Frequent overtime available.
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon27 January 2018
Whilst there is a tendency to have to work long and somewhat unsociable hours (as is the way with retail), in the main, Primark is a good place to work.

I've worked at numerous stores and to start with I didn't enjoy the role as I didn't get on with the management of the store at all, but since I've transferred I have learnt so much and am so glad I stuck with it!

Progression within this company is excellent, I managed to become a Supervisor within a year and am aiming for Manager as soon as possible, depending on my circumstances. The pay is quite good too.

It's a shame that one manager ruined my first few months as a Supervisor - I could have done so much more!
Pros
Good progression. Overtime opportunities available.
Cons
Hit-and-miss management. Unsociable.
Busy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton24 January 2018
Always busy no matter time of day. Primark was like a big happy family colleagues always friendly. Plenty of management opportunities. Also very hardworking
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Very very busy store
feels like family
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear19 January 2018
great place to work.
great people and great environment.
you don't realise how good of a place it is until your no longer there and now I'd give anything to be back.
Productive workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London16 January 2018
Loved the fact, that I can use my creativity and problem solving skills. I found my team really good in general. Once you learned all the rules, the job becomes fun.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Strict rules
excellent place to make career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
excellent place to work and devlop managment skills need customer service skills.
always very busy and challenging .
recomend best place I worked excellent job progression.
Not like it seems
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 January 2018
Primark may seem like a nightmare to people who go there to shop but for those who work there it is't as bad as you would imagine. Generous pay, decent enough hours and with good breaks.
Pros
Decent breaks, pay
Cons
fixed hours
Amazing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester24 December 2017
Primark is honestly the best place to work in if you are used to faced pasted environments, pay is really good and there's lots of overtime available and the staff are so lovely
Pros
Free Lunches, Celebration on Sales, Lovely staff
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Croydon18 December 2017
Working at Primark was good experience.
My was stock taking, till management, organizing daily staff activity. supervising the floor shop, making sure there no clothes on the floor and keep it tidy, it was quite a challenge. However I did love it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Ex employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear8 December 2017
I used to work here and was made a supervisor they train you well and always have time for their staff. I worked with an amazing bunch of people and my staff i suoervised for 4 years was Great. Highly reccomed this place to work 100% would go back if hours where better
Pros
Overtime is constant, Friendly atmosphere, Job sercurity
Cons
Bad Management, Poor Hours, To much is expected of one staff memeber
retail sales adviser to supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire14 August 2017
work in a team and individually as a customer sales assistant to deliver a high standard of customer service. Honouring the shops standard I continue to ensure the shop floor looks welcoming and tidy. I will always go out of my way to approach and welcome customers to show I am willing to assist them if needed.
I filled the role of a department supervisor: ensuring the department runs smoothly and effectively. In order to ensure my department is successful, I would delegate tasks within the team, help complete jobs, whilst consistently delivering high levels of customer service. Additionally it was my job to arrange deliveries for the store, insuring the department is stocked up and in a fully functioning condition.
Pros
seasonal discount, friendly environment
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 August 2017
Primark was a fantastic place to work, where management notice if you are putting in an effort and put you forward for promotions. I always had help when I needed it and felt like I was doing a good job. We had regular meetings to let us know the expectations of ourselves and the staff we were responsible for. The breaks were plentiful throughout the working day. There was always lots of overtime if you were willing. The staff were friendly and worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job would be keeping the store tidy with such a high footfall. The most enjoyable would be the fast paced environment with always something to do to make the day go faster.
Pros
Good friendships
Cons
No benefits.
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire6 August 2017
Good scope for progression within the company. The hours can be perceived as a little unsociable, but that is the nature of retail work, and is not specific to the company itself.
part of a growing retail industry
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blackpool23 July 2017
Primark is a good place to work at in being part of an international business in retail. Primark started in the UK and is now nationwide and continuously growing. With multiple opportunities to further yourself within the company and moving to different stores Primark supports careers and encouraging staff to enhance and further themselves.

Whilst at primark you are part of a team, you are taught new skills and constantly trained in order to keep up with the changes in business in order to benefit and achieve goals. overtime availability is always at hand and a generous amount of hours are available during the peak seasons in retail.

Primark is a thriving business that anyone is benefited to be a part of it as it is ever growing, with many opportunities and encouraging and supporting of its staff. no day is the same in this business.
Pros
room to grow a career
Good work ethic
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 July 2017
While working for this company I recieved a great welcoming followed by a great social life. Work life was also positive which produced a great job culture.
Work day
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hounslow West Station27 June 2017
a fast paced environment where I have to multitask and provide quality customer service.

The workplace environment is generally friendly and supportive.
Management are highly active and involved with their staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K