Primark Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Found 62 reviews matching the search See all 5,018 reviews
cashier and floor assitant
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 May 2018
very busy, can become very repetitive so easy to make mistakes when on the till, able to ask for overtime if wanted. if your working the early shifts, you start putting stock out on the shop floor
Fun place to work.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 May 2018
Good place to work for people who like meet new people and for students. Few shifts available, big flexibility of work. Part or full time job possible.
Productive and fun
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol20 March 2018
In my role in retail, I serve my customers and deal with stock and merchandising as well as providing good customer service. Keeping the store clean and presentable always and operating tills.
Fun
Shop assistant and cashier part time (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2018
The pay was so bad the only good thing was I learned how to use the tills. plus the management where up and down like if a managers football team lost they would take it out on the stuff so yeah fun The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Management and bad pay
Very productive. Loved working there.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gravesend24 February 2018
As I was working on Sunday mostly, a typical day at work consisted of checking in with the supervisor and asking what needed filling. Sometimes even going around the floor looking at what was empty or what was low when you walked into work. Then you would go down to the stock room and fill up a rail with stock. You'd have to go on till.

I was trained to use the tills, the pricing machines and other equipment. We had to do a First Aid course.

I thought the management was very friendly and they made you feel welcome.

There was a range of different cultures from all over the world.

I didn't really find anything hard in the job. There was times when the lifts were out because staff hadn't fully shut the lift or left them open so you had to walk up and down the stairs with the baskets or clothes in your hands. Sometimes using customer lifts in the mornings.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was when the children would come in and sing and also when customers would come up to you and ask you how your day was. It definitely brings a smile to your face.
Pros
Extra Hours, Competitions
A good job for students
Shop-assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City10 January 2018
It is a good place for a part-timer. I recommend it to students and others. There are a lot of employees in the shop and it has busy and quite seasons. The managers are all very lovely and helpful.
its fun-ish
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 November 2017
the salary is awful, if you are on the shop floor best prepare to enter a battlefield. customers are generally awful shop floor is a mess but staff are good with each other
Pros
funny events
Cons
bad pay
Friendly and Welcoming Workplace
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire8 October 2017
I absolutely live working here; even though sometimes the job can become confusing, it's easy to get through alongside the amazing staff. Everybody was very welcoming, and I found the work very fulfilling.
Pros
Very amiable staff
Cons
Long work hours
Fun work place
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2017
A typical day at work is a very busy day. making sure everything is put back in it's place and not made of any mess. i learned how to work in a group and get the task done in a very appropriate time. The hardest part i think was always putting clothes back in it's place over and over again after you've just fixed it. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know knew people and meeting my team members.
Busy but cutomed based.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent20 September 2017
You had to work on the tills or shop floor organising the stock. It was fun when talking to customer and a bit busy on weekends you had to keep the shop floor clean and tidy easy for the customer.
Pros
Customer focused and hours are god.
Cons
Same routinue daily and no fun.
average but stable
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex14 September 2017
its a stable job but very plain, some friendly staff most keep to themselves. my store manager was lovely but some of the supervisors are a little snotty. I suppose you can get this anywhere. over all id work here again if it came down to it.
Pros
stable
Cons
boring
flexible hours
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex4 September 2017
I love how easy I can get overtime in Primark. Also, it was very fun to work with everyone as they are all friendly and kind. From working at Primark I was able to gain good communication skills and customer service.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No staff discounts
Shop assistant
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran Town31 July 2017
During my year at Primark Cwmbran as a shop floor assistant, I believe that I gained a large amount of tolerance and understanding of dealing with the general public. Throughout my time at this area of work, I was able to distinguish the true meaning of customer service and how to apply team work, obedience and adhering to deadlines within the work place.
Friendly team members
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport8 July 2017
I got on with most of the fellow staff, apart from the management who liked to bully their staff, unless they found you to be their favourite.

Some times I didn't even get a break.
Busy but rewarding
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol19 June 2017
I enjoyed working at Primark as part of a large clothing store with a wide range of diverse individuals.
I like the fast paced environment and the supporting of customers to ensure that enjoyed their experience with Primark and felt able to return for other shopping experiences.
Poor management
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch, UK18 June 2017
Primark would be really busy so it would be really hard to get hold managers or making sure you finish everything on time. When you do ask the managers for help they don't really be helpful but I manage to develop on my communication skills.
productive and ver interesting
Cashier/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk14 June 2017
when I first arrived felt very welcome and there was lots of different people from different culture which was amazing. loved the work colleges they were very friendly so was the manager that I had met felt very welcome which was amazing. it was very easy and fun because never just sat there doing nothing
Pros
friendly colleges
Cons
hot shop
Retail
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington1 June 2017
I enjoyed my time working here, The people were lovely and made the day go faster when on shift, My hours weren't that sociable but that was just the role I was in but overall great place.
Primark
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate29 May 2017
Primark was a nice environment to work in I met a lot of new people and learned a lot of new skills. Everybody gets on and looks out for each other as well. The managers are really helpful and encouraging.
Pros
good enviroment
Unable to comment
Shop Floor Assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire24 May 2017
Unable to really comment on the position. Unfortunately, I did not like the job or the team and left within 3 months of working for the company. The store was not essentially smooth running and management were quite rude.
Pros
n/a
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K