Primark Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands18 June 2018
Primark is a really good place to work, you make friends for life there. The job overall isn't difficult and can be very good for people looking to work extra hours.
Pros
overtime opportunity
Cons
management lack communication
Not a great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley18 June 2018
No social interaction
Management was rude!
No helpful incentives
Boss swore at us at one point
Management wasn't helpful in developing my skills and myself

However I did learn how to work in a sale position and what the retail world is like.
Pros
In the center of town
Cons
Read below
Great but some downs
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey17 June 2018
Working at Primark was a great experience, it gave me an insight on how companies who sell clothing worked. How it was organised, how it all worked etc. And I do recommend it, if you can do the hours you have been put down for.

However, it is over ran with people I found who had very little knowledge of how the company worked and why we would do it one way and not the other. I found the managers and supervisor to be quite unfair at time but most of it would be understandable. If you where going to work at Primark I would recommend doing a Zero hour contract, as it would more flexible to you. If you needed one of the hours you do off you’d have to let them know 4 weeks prior and no one really know 4 weeks before what they are going to be doing.
Cons
No benefits
it could be better
Primark Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London15 June 2018
the management is very poor at the shop and they could definitely be more organized with their stock and staff.
I am working at the store in Lewisham Primark
Pros
Great people to work with and decent salary
Cons
Bad management, unorganised, there is not a no tolerance policy
it is a great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, UK14 June 2018
great team to work with plenty to do, i was a stockroom assistant and i had a lot to do one day , but time flew cause i got my head down and done it ,
Fast pace enviroment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London14 June 2018
Working in a big company like this, gives you a lot of opportunities to learn social skills. Fast pace will never let you get bored. Task management becomes important in every day situations.
A great place to get experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2018
There was flexibility in the working environment at Primark. I learned how to be confident and deal with customer complaints or any issues. Learned how to provide excellent customer service. It was a fun and productive place to work in. Most enjoyable part was meeting and working with people of my age group. Hardest part of the job was that somedays it could get extremely busy during summer and there was a lot of pressure. Management was nice and praised our efforts.
Pros
Can work overtime, good pay and they hired even without previous experience
Cons
no discounts until seasonal promotions
Lively and fun but challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station4 June 2018
Working in the Marble Arch flagship store was exciting as something unusual or fun would happen everyday and there are so many members of staff constantly joining that you meet someone new everyday.

The customers are challenging to cope with a lot of the time and you develop thick skin working there.

Making friends with staff and having a laugh is definitely what I will remember about working here.

The managers and the whole hierarchy is frustrating at times as the self importance some of the managers and supervisors have is laughable but manageable when considering the down to earth retail assistants working there alongside me.

The pay was great and actually increased whilst I was working there which was great. Hours range but I worked from 4pm-8pm on weekdays and I was very satisfied, also being able to live my own life.

Overall, I enjoyed working at Primark and if I needed a part-time job again for a while, I would definitely return and recommend to others.
Pros
Lively atmosphere, good pay, good hours, good holidays
Cons
Managers are difficult to confide in/ explain thing to
Productive work place
Primark Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London4 June 2018
Primark store Hounslow good place to start a career and learn new skills. the best thing about Primark is they give fixed day contracts and makes it possible to make plans doing other things in life. Overtime is always available for staff if you wish to do more hours. only bad thing is the uniform looks very poor and unprofessional. pay rate is poor for the amount of workload they expect from staff, some managers and customers can be very rude at times.
Pros
Staff, Management, fixed contact days
Cons
poor pay rate, unprofessional uniform
Good first job
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 June 2018
Some friendly staff and alot of overtime avaliable for anyone who wants to earn more money for the month. Was a good first job for me at the age of 16 as it gave me alot of knowledge in retail and customer service
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
No discount
productive, welcoming and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea City1 June 2018
during my time in Primary, a typical day started off with organizing and ensuring the store is neat and tidy, before opening the store. It allowed me to improve on my organizing skills. Throughout the day my job would be to keep to keep the store tidy, welcome customers and assist customers when needed. I would also go on tills serving customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and improving skills, meeting new people and experiencing something different. It has given me confidence when going in to new jobs.
Pros
discounts and experiance
Cons
can be boring
boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton28 May 2018
same routine every shift however it is an easy job
attracts worst kind of customers
bad management
although there are some nice coworkers
no benefits apart from 10% for 2 weeks over the christmas period
Pros
lots of extra shifts available
Cons
bad pay, bad management
Good place to work for a first job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford27 May 2018
it is a energised environment. working in Pimark you have to be efficient as its a constantly busy environment and there is not time for slacking. A typical day in primary is recovery. This is keep all merchandise of the shop floor. Constant pick ups and keeping up with the rush. All day is rush hour.
Pros
almost always overtime is available
Cons
salary is not worth how much work we put in.
Good Place to work, Can be stressful at peak times and over crowded
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian25 May 2018
A very good place to work when its not too busy, when it gets busy it can be unorganised and hectic. Could have a big impact on those who get stressed easily. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the people are lovely and try to help as much as they can.
Dull
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 May 2018
All in all, I would not recommend this as a good place to work. There are no staff benefits, you are not at all spoken to respectfully, and unless you are liked by management, there is no room for progression. If you are a student looking for part-time work to fit around your course and don't plan on being there too long, its ok. There are various opportunities to work overtime though.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No benefits at all
Staff better than the job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan24 May 2018
starting at half 8 you have to put the items of clothing back out of the fitting rooms then get stock out whilst serving on the tills and doing returns in the afternoon its constant tidying up for 4 hours whilst doing any jobs the managers have been unable to complete and again man the tills. If your trained on the customer service desk then expect to be dealing with any returns to throughout the day. Management are never seen unless you get a minute to look for them in the back office or they find you first with more stuff to do. The hardest part of the job is the continuous bending over backwards to do everything right please other staff and customers whilst getting no appreciation what so ever. Overall your team mates are always there to pick you up or give a helping hand.
Pros
no weekend working
Cons
No appreciation
Busy yet productive workplace.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 May 2018
The day began with putting out returns, followed by completing the delivery that came in that morning. The recovery and pick ups of the items occurred throughout the day.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
busy environment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 May 2018
a typical day in primark would depend on what job you are doing, however it would mostly consist of customer service and keeping the shop tidy, i learned retail skills.
management was poor
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 May 2018
It was really hard to get an over time even when I had written my name first on the list and whenever I did manage to get some overtime they would replace me with someone else that they liked.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
annoying managers
Ok for students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 May 2018
it's an ok job if you are a student as you can pick up overtime a lot of the time to earn some extra money but as far as trying to get a career in Primark, management is not exactly helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K