Primark Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 914 reviews matching the search See all 5,016 reviews
horrible staff disgusting management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham fort22 September 2018
I worked at Primark for a little over 2 years. In my opinion it is the worse place i have ever worked, the staff are rude and speak in a rude manor, the management is clueless and have no idea what is going on in the store. The supervisors talk down to staff, and do anything to keep the managers on side. The managers have no respect for members of staff and is constant gossiping and making inappropriate comments about certain staff members, they have their favourites and pick and choose who gets certain jobs to complete. Some staff are lazy and ignorant have no manners and choose to make friends at work rather then focusing on the customers. The shop floor is always a mess and recovery is never complete and they stand round chatting for hours. Any issues raised to management gets passed around the store instead of being resolved. AVOID.
Pros
Cons
not enough overtime, poor management
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street21 September 2018
Very easy and straightforward job. Great for part-time work alongside your studies. Not too stressful or energy consuming. A very fast paced environment.
enjoyable but also demanding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire20 September 2018
typical weekends are very busy and constantly fast paced, there were more social aspects that were nice to have grown in over the year i had been there.there are however very little benefits and sometime working in all the sociable hours in the weekend.
Pros
made good friends, enjoyable work
Cons
extremely demanding work at times
Primark
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith19 September 2018
As this was my first job, i went in with high expectation that I would enjoy my shifts but the Management teams on the shop floor were incredibly rude and unsympathetic. Management will treat you like a robot and will openly swear at colleagues. Workplace culture was amazing and I got on with everyone i worked with as they are near enough my age. I learnt customer service skills and how to deal with complaints. I was also till trained as I wanted to gain more confidence talking to customers.
Pros
Cons
horrible
sales
Primark Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe18 September 2018
Although I worked as a work experience they made me run around for free. Giving a job to do 24 hours a day which was stressing
I looked like a right nonce in there uniform because I didn't heart primark
Enjoyable Workplace.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster17 September 2018
A typical day at work at Primark is normally really busy, my role is put out close which can be a bit of a challenge when the shop floor is really busy. The shop is usually full of shoppers, o matter what time of day it is or on the weather. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the rest of my colleges on the fill team, we all get along really well and have built strong friendships.
Pros
Really good pay, free work tops and same hours of work everyweek.
Cons
Can't always get overtime.
Poor management
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 September 2018
Found them difficult to work under- stroppy if you wouldn’t do extra shifts, stay late etc. Rest of staff were very cliquey too, stuck with the people from their floor et.
Really good money for Under 21's
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth12 September 2018
I have worked in a few Primark stores for a number of years and each store runs completely differently. I loved one store I worked at as the staff were all friendly and management were very helpful. However, I worked in another store which was the complete opposite.

Its quite a tedious job but the pay is good for under 21's (£7.38) as opposed to minimum wage elsewhere.

Usually opportunities to get overtime if needed but not guaranteed. Overall an ok place to work.
Pros
Pay, Overtime, Easy job, short shifts
Cons
Tedious, Treated badly by customers
Not Satisfactory
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey12 September 2018
- working on tills and helping on shop floor not much work to do
- learnt how to operate a till machine
- management are not easy to talk to
- lonely and favouritism occurs a lot
- working long hours with little breaks
- going home earlier
Pros
discount at xmas
Cons
boring job
Busy work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road11 September 2018
Very busy work environment. A range of different customers from all over the world. Fast paced working environment. Very busy during the day and evening.
Robotic industry
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gateshead7 September 2018
Suck the life out of you. No fun aloud. Was actually told not to smile by a manager once as it looks as though we were chatting behind tills. Joke company
Productive work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester6 September 2018
Primark is a very fast pace work place, it involves working with several different types of people on daily basis. Every day in Primark is different which makes each day fun because no two days are ever the same.
work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  london6 September 2018
a regular day would be shopping for customers or working on the tills and then at the end f the day we would be cleaning the store prepping it for the next day. The managers were rude and abused power
management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London Borough of Islington31 August 2018
they can be unfair sometimes they don't like you talking to other colleagues when their always seen having chats with other managers they treat some staff better than others especially the older ones.....dont get me wrong some of them are really nice but they never care about your well being.
Pros
good staff members very helpful
Cons
we get nothing out of working here no discounts on anything
A great place to work unless you have probelm
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 August 2018
An interesting place to work where the colleagues are great and the atmosphere is busy. However as a young part-time lackey, when I needed time off for surgery they weren't understanding at all. I had to quit due to an argument with HR over needing more time of as I'd had still not recovered enough to go to a fairly active job. Other than that I had no issues and enjoyed my brief time there.
Pros
Good team work, busy days, rarely bored.
Cons
Lack of understanding
nothing
Sales assistant duties (Former Employee) –  Mayfair28 August 2018
no discount managers are rude staff are lazy they treat you like your not human no equal rights in this company.customers are rude and security is also poor
Pros
money, holiday
Cons
everything
fun with colleagues
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 August 2018
its a good, fun environment. friendly people but the managers are not so nice. a bit disrespectful, condescending, patronizing and the supervisors are a lot worse
Fun and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
It was a good job with potential to grow within the company and the employers were lovely and pushed for what was best for everyone within the company
average
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley12 August 2018
Primark is good for a first job but something I found extremely difficult when working is the amount of staff that get away with bullying these workers were not told off by managers they were friendly with them which made workers who were bullied and singled outs days at work quite difficult due to the work environment not being very enjoyable. I learnt a lot in the workplace when it comes to customers and communication, the only thing bad that I thought was how some supervisors hired were rude and the amounts of complaints they had got they were still kept. Something id say that needs to be improved is how managers need to be more strict with misbehaving staff they were too laid back.
Pros
free uniform, paid holiday and sick days
Cons
managment too laid back, they let workers get away with misbehaving and bullying
Worst place to work due to management!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex11 August 2018
I would not even give this place a 1 star rating.
Primark Basildon is by far the worst place I have every worked for, the management are to blame for this.
They treat you like a child and look down to you.
The pay is not worth being treated the way they treat you.
The job it’s self is boring! If it wasn’t for the other employees that made the work bareable I would not of lasted any longer then I did! Certain management make you feel uncomfortable with comments they make towards you,
They don’t have any understanding or care towards you or any of your situations.

Worst place to work stay clear!!!
Pros
Finding the bargains before customers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K