Primark Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

customer service
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire29 May 2018
very good company to work for good staff atmosphere and training.
Approachable management eager to help with any queries.
Possibility to move branches and train up for other positions.
Pros
staff trainiing
Productive and busy workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London26 May 2018
Really, really busy place to work at which makes it feel like time is going faster. There is lots of overtime available so you are able to make extra money. However, younger workers get paid less which is unfair since mostly everybody does the same thing and there is no staff discount
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Younger workers get paid less
Okay place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon21 May 2018
It was good as an introduction into retail, and as a summer job during term time whilst in Sixth form, but the hours and holidays made it difficult to work around.
Management awful, only favourism get far
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trostre14 May 2018
Management were so laid back, didn't get training, alot of bullying.
Inappropriate actions from management
Stock rooms are messy , boxes of clothes left outside in the rain.
Management friends that work there seem to be laid back and Go for brakes whenever they want.
Probably one of the worst places I have worked.
Customer assistant need more notice after what they are put through from management.
Pros
Cheap clothes
Cons
Not a nice place to work in.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 April 2018
Working at primark has given me the opportunity to be able to work under a lot of stress. I have once again, gained many skills from working at this business organisation.
Overall a good job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh10 April 2018
The role itself was quite high paced and very busy mostly serving customers on the shop floor. I learned how to act and adapt quickly as no 2 customers are the same. THe workplace culture is friendly and open with supervisors and manager interacting with the customer service assistants in the same manner. The hardest part of the job was customers tended to come quickly and build up quickly if the servers were given other tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of community within the store.
Would not recommend working here
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 April 2018
The job overall is okay but it is not a team effort to get job completed. You get given a certain place to work and that is literally it and anything not completed is all down to you. Had my first couple of days there and management barely spoke to me to see how it was going or whether I had any questions to ask. Certainly will not be applying to another Primark job.
Pros
excellent pay, nice work environment
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich12 March 2018
Good pay for young or older people, nice environment to work in. Busy and fast pace, fun to try and keep up with. Management is ordinarily good, if you have a problem they always try to help, and there's a lot of them to ask. It's a good overall job.
Fun and flexible Enviroment
Sales/Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline28 February 2018
The work atmosphere is friendly and supportive, manager ans supervisors talk to shop floor colleagues with respect and vice versa. good pay and holidays.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
na
good first job
Customer service/ retail operative (Former Employee) –  Reading21 February 2018
you have to work hard to keep on top during a busy weekend, good experience for dealing with customers. Pay is not too bad either if you are doing it part time.
Stressful and Horrible management
customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 January 2018
Booked of my weeks holiday, and got the money the next month for my time away, but PR still got me in trouble because apparently i dirdnt book off the days, even though my managers knew. Plus my cowoekrs were snakes and treated me horribly, and never got punished.
A good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 January 2018
Especially good to work at if it is your first job, training is fairly straight forward. Able to move around departments easily after a 3 month probation. Around £5.81 an hour for under 18s. Friendly place to work at, management is also very friendly and approachable. Easy to pick up over time if needed but is not necessary.
Chaotic (Night Shift)
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London - Marble Arch12 January 2018
Very chaotic, extremely short staffed and lack of good resources makes it even more difficult so there is a LOT of pressure that doesn't need to be there if those things were sorted out. The supervisors and managers try their best but it's still a frustrating environment to work in especially because, it's the largest Primark store in London so there is a LOT to do.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Tiresome
Improve the customer service
Retail Assistant, Customer Service Assistance (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire14 December 2017
It was proven very good to me, I learn how to talk with customers and attract them towards business, Moreover, i manage to work very fast and nice which improve my working skills.
Okay for weekend work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London20 November 2017
This job is great if you don't mind repetitive work. The managers are quite inconsiderate to how messy the store does get whilst it is open. Pay is fine and great for a weekend job. Customers are often rude but there will be (occasionally) customers that are understanding and kind. Store floor are always friendly and kind.
Pros
Great for a weekend job and there's always overtime
Cons
Managers are often oblivious and inconsiderate and messy customers.
It's fine
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 November 2017
I worked there as a saturday job and found it ok - a bit understaffed.
I mostly just tidied up the shop floor and went on tills. It was very busy so the days usually went quick.
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading7 November 2017
A productive place to work. Not much to learn. opportunity to work in different departments. Effective management and opportunity to grownto the next level.
Pros
staff recognition award
Cons
no christmas discounts
Challenging but tiring
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London6 November 2017
Start at 9am, straight onto the shop floor, putting out new stock, helping customers; especially problematic ones. I work long, tiring hours and the pay isn't worth it at all. The staff do not get any discounts in the store, only 10% for the first two weeks of December
Most enjoyable part would be working with a great bunch of people and making some good friends.
Pros
Working with a good team of people
Cons
No discounts, low wages
Great for part time work
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead1 November 2017
This was a perfect job for a part time student. Although the hours where long and the pay not great,it was a great experience to start my working life.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hour minimum pay
Great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2017
My job was to deal with customers and helping them to find the correct item, stocking shelves and racks in the right manner and various different tasks being completed and cleaning the store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K