Primark Employee Reviews in Newcastle upon Tyne

Found 66 reviews matching the search See all 5,274 reviews
Strict but fun
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 August 2018
Working here has its pro and cons. The staff are wonderful and I get on with the majority of them. However, management are a different story. My supervisor is strict especially when she is in a mood, which makes my shift drag. As I am split across two floors on a weekend, I tend to prefer one floor to another, mainly because of my supervisors. Working here has helped me to develop my skills in retail, and I enjoy working on a till. I do sometimes feel victimised by management as they stop people talking to me, but I cant do anything about that. On the whole though, primark is an ok place to work as the pay is good.
Pros
Pay and friendly staff
fun place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear17 October 2018
working at primark was fun and i enjoyed it got positive respect from my colleagues and the staff that worked within the shop

My only dislike would of been the manager she was quiet rude and homophobic towards myself
Good flexible workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne3 October 2018
Lots of overtime available, very busy workplace, sometimes customers can be very difficult but some are very nice, staff are usually very nice and easy to get along with
Hey, if you need the money.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear20 July 2018
Boring stuff to do repetitive everyday. But not surprisingly. I learned alsorts about dealing with people on tills however.

The hardest part was not being on tills.
Members of staff were the only reason I stayed so long
Retail Assistant (20hpw contract) (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne31 March 2018
I have worked there for the past two years and find the behaviour of management abhorrent and on the border of offensive with their treatment to staff, but other members of staff made working there bearable
Pros
A single 10% discount once a year(excluding reduced items)
Cons
productive and lovely place to work
Retail Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 May 2018
i have worked at primark over the christmas period ,and i loved been park of the primark team,i met alot of lovely co workers the managment and supervises are always there to help you ,it is a great place to work .
Easy but tiring, a bit monotonous
Temporary Christmas Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne31 January 2018
It was an easy job, everyday was the same. I worked there over Christmas so i wasn't given any of the major roles but i mostly enjoyed my time there. I worked in the stock room which could be quite tiring as you had to lift boxes, push trollies, fill the shop floor etc, but time went fast if you focused on what you were doing. The management are all really nice and understanding, however you could tell there was some favouritism.
I would definitely recommend working there.
Pros
most of the people i worked with
Cons
there was some cattiness from some members of staff, but you have to ignore that and just get on with the job
Repetitive and Boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne19 February 2018
Expected to do far more than what you get paid minimum wage to do, some of the workers are nice, most are miserable, probably due to how boring and repetitive the job is. Only positive is that the job is very simple but then again, that just makes the day drag. Also very strict with holidays.
Pros
making friends
Cons
boring
fun, friendley, fast pased
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne1 April 2018
working in Primark is a very fast pace place but with the help of all your team you always get through it as all of them are really friendly and will help you where they can if you get stuck. has to be the best jobs I've ever had!
N/a
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear30 January 2018
the staff at primark are friendly and the only reason ive stayed there that long the on the other hand are the reason i want to leave,that and because of the budget theres no overtime to april meaning im living paycheck to paycheck barly getting by

Want to know more about Primark?

Ask a question
Primark
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear14 December 2017
I like working at primark as it is fun and you get 10% off items there. I have made a lot of friends and I have been very hardworking and have earn a couple of wows off customers. Staff are friendly, place is tidy and run smoothly. Security are friendly also.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Bad customers
feels like family
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear19 January 2018
great place to work.
great people and great environment.
you don't realise how good of a place it is until your no longer there and now I'd give anything to be back.
Couldn't be happier
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 August 2017
I love working here. I've been here for about a year and honestly it's helped my grow as a person and taught me so many skills. The staff are easy to get on with and care about each other. It's easy to get overtime and we get paid more then min wage. However with the types of customers we deal with I do think a pay rise would be appreciated. I'm 18 and with the over time as I'm only weekend staff and I do about 60+ hours a month and I love it.
Pros
Staff friendly, availability, breaks
Cons
Horrible customers
Fun
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear18 September 2017
Primark is a nice place to work as they have many other staff members which are easy to get along with. Days can be very busy especially during the Christmas period but at other times it can be very quiet. Always kept busy with stuff to do and it's a nice job to be in.
Ok for a starting point.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne27 April 2017
I took this job when I started Uni so it was only temp, but I didn't enjoy it so much. Busy times were hard and there was continuous mess to tidy up. Other colleagues didn't seem to pull their weight so I was left with a lot of the work.

No benefits of working here really, no discounts for staff and you end up spending all of your money seeing all the stuff there every day!

Hardest part - been given too much to do.

Enjoyable part - nothing really!
Pros
Easy to get to
Cons
Very busy and messy!
work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear10 November 2017
i quite enjoyed working at primark, it was a busy fast paced envrionment and i learnt a lot about customers and working on tills. i didnt enjoy the hours
fast-paced, enjoyable, hard work
Till Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 June 2017
Lots of tasks to get done, can be extremely tedious when not on the tills. Most enjoyable part of the job is serving customers at the tills. The least enjoyable is doing returns and pickups i.e. picking up shoes and placing in correct place.
Pay is good, though, there are no benefits for staff whatsoever.
Would recommend
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle North, Tyne and Wear25 August 2017
Nothing negative to say!
Great place to work if you like being busy, this is the job for you.
Friendly staff, plenty of overtime available if required.
Pros
Very busy, time goes very quick
Cons
No staff discount
not a good place to work for
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne17 August 2016
too hectic a place to work. always working on the tables refolding clothes. once you move onto another table, within 10 mins there would be a mess and you`d have to re-do it again.

managers rude as well as colleagues. Always on their mobile phones which are kept in their pockets not in their lockers like they are supposed to be. Never anyone to help you doing tasks always have to do it yourself.
Pros
serving customers
Cons
lazy colleagues, messy environment
Fun and Stable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne29 June 2016
I enjoyed my time at Primark. I worked 20hrs a week, Monday to Friday 5-9 which was great at the beginning however I was balancing college work on top of these shifts therefore wouldn't recommend shifts like this if you are a student with a heavy work load.
I did find benefits of working there great as you learnt a variety of skills, also the pay rate was great. They have very friendly staff and the managers do take care of their employees.
Pros
Great staff, pay and hours
Cons
No good if your a student who cant work weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K