Primark Employee Reviews in Manchester

great teamwork present
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 May 2018
i believe this is a brilliant first job or a brilliant job for someone that is studying but when that's over you have to find a job regarding what you have studied because working in primark is a full of wide ranging task some hard and some easy.
I have learnt that you just have to get on day by day and take one task at a time and not rush what you are doing because that's when it al starts to go wrong.i love working this job but I'm currently to further my career.
Pros
diffrent shift timing
Cons
repetative days
Awful place to work
Part-time retail role (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester15 May 2018
Poor pay, no appreciation from middle or upper management. No job satisfaction but they'll take you on with no experience. Perfect for someone straight out of school with no experience. Awful for anyone else.
Managers and supervisors are hypocrites!
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 March 2018
you'll get some of the biggest hypocritical managers and supervisors at this place, they'll usually all get together chat go on their phones,try clothes on and would bollock anyone who is not in their circle of friends who does the same. Not a good place to work!!!!!
Pros
Okay hours
Cons
Managers and supervisors
Very Busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 March 2018
Putting out stock, cleaning up, helping customers, working behind the till
Some employees and managers were very polite and friendly but other managers were not.
It was very boring because i was in the sock section only.
paid the bills
nightshift (Former Employee) –  manchester8 March 2018
Paid the bills worth it if cant find any job else where, good opportunity to grow and be promoted, nights flew by with good work colleagues to get you through the slow nights.
excellent place to make career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
excellent place to work and devlop managment skills need customer service skills.
always very busy and challenging .
recomend best place I worked excellent job progression.
Productive and busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
A typical day would include putting stock out and tidying up. I worked in the socks and pyjama section which was very boring.
I learnt how to work independently and get on with the task I was given efficently.
Workplace culture was always busy and loud
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, can be boring
busy
Retail Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
Not a bad place to work but not great either. Most days are repetitive but some days are more challenging than others. If you got a job there be prepared to be told to do the same job 3 different ways by 3 different managers as communication is lacking at times.
Pros
you will meet great people from all walks of life.
Cons
stressing customers and egotistical managers/supervisors.
Productive and fun working place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 January 2018
clean. customer service is great. workers well train.

you find everything you want.

have got so man yAward before.

the stuff there nice and cheaper than other shop
Pros
Team work is great
Cons
Managers don' t pay much Attantion to workers needs.
fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 January 2018
friendly place to work staff are treated like family great working with the public everyday is a challenge its a good place to move up from staff to supervisor to manager
It’s a good job for people my age and very fast paced.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 December 2017
I have really had any bad experiences in the time I have worked here so it’s good and it’s a good little way to earn a bit of money. Most of the staff are friendly but people higher up tend to look down on people.
Pros
Canteen for staff
Cons
Working Public holidays
Ok place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 November 2017
Ok company to work with, no sense of respect for staff or those who have worked there for a long time. No bonus, not good pay, no discounts, same job day in day out. HR not very helpful, overall a real thankless job.
Pros
1 hour dinner break
Cons
Too many
its fun-ish
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 November 2017
the salary is awful, if you are on the shop floor best prepare to enter a battlefield. customers are generally awful shop floor is a mess but staff are good with each other
Pros
funny events
Cons
bad pay
Not a Fun Experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 November 2017
Working at Primark was not a fun experience for me.
First of all, i was refused a chair despite the fact that it is legally required to have a chair available as well as my knee and back issues. as well as this i worked 4 and a half hours with no break.
The main reason i disliked the job was the customers not treating me like a human being and being downright rude and insulting
Pros
Simple Job
Cons
No Breaks, Bad Customers
Experience at work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  oldham Manchester, Greater Manchester27 October 2017
I have experience of working as a customer assistant for years and I have gained skills and knowledge to help me be an excellent Customer care assistant.
Pros
Reward
Good hours but understaffed
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester22 October 2017
Fixed shifts and lots of overtime available. Sometimes overworked.
You feel like a statistic as opposed to a person as there are so many employees.
Face a lot of harassment from customers.
Good
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 October 2017
I enjoyed working there. I learnt a lot from this job such as till work, handling cash. Also working with difficult situations and turning it round into good one.
Fun place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 October 2017
I consider to work in Primark as a place that give balance to people that has other commitments such as family.

A typical day at work will be very busy as the store in Manchester town tend to be a busy place.

I have learnt while I was working there to be a very cooperative and team work.
Pros
Flexy hours to work
Cons
Very busy place
Productive work place and strong work ethic from all staff
Cash Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 October 2017
Great to meet new people of various cultures and experience how busy the brand is from a different side of things- behind the scenes.
Management were great and very friendly, the job was sometimes challenging but nothing I then didn't fix and then enjoy the challenge that came with it.
Pros
Great staff and lots of new skills learnt
Cons
Very early starts and transport issues due to early starts i.e. trains
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 September 2017
Often Primark is very busy, however, this is often good as it means the work day moves quickly. Managment are nice and friendly, and there is frequently overtime if you need money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K