Primark Employee Reviews in Manchester

Found 110 reviews matching the search See all 5,264 reviews
It seems like I will enjoy it if I have place in Primark
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 November 2018
Primark is good because the workers are very helpful to the customer and the service is so good. Also, Primark is cheap because the customer can afford it.
Pros
Free Lunches
Fast-paced working environment, enjoyable
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 November 2018
Working in Primark is enjoyable and also challenging. With the vast amount of customers you meet and helping them with their questions and queries the job can be challenging and also rewarding. Rewarding in a way where you feel you have helped and enhanced someones day with your help. The staff are nice to work alongside
Pros
Regular shift work, no rota
Cons
Not many perks
Retail Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 October 2018
Great place to work if student, good chance to make friends and learn a lot about retail. Quite a challenging job but very rewarding and friendly environment.
Nice staff
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 October 2018
The staff were nice and i made quite a few friends. However, management is rude and don't care unless you're part of management. Pay is rubbish. Overtime opportunities.
Productive and fun workplace
Assisting/serving customers (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 September 2018
I really enjoyed working in Primark as it was a large and busy environment to work in. Also working in the retail industry has taught me a lot and I made a lot of friends.
A great place to work unless you have probelm
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 August 2018
An interesting place to work where the colleagues are great and the atmosphere is busy. However as a young part-time lackey, when I needed time off for surgery they weren't understanding at all. I had to quit due to an argument with HR over needing more time of as I'd had still not recovered enough to go to a fairly active job. Other than that I had no issues and enjoyed my brief time there.
Pros
Good team work, busy days, rarely bored.
Cons
Lack of understanding
Enjoyable but challenging
Customer Facing Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 August 2018
During my short period of working at Primark I would make may way there straight from college and leave late at night which seemed to be the biggest challenge. I learnt good customer service skills and how to use a till in the retail store which will be useful in future careers. I enjoyed the enviroment I worked in and the people were fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was going from college at 3 then returning home at sometimes 11pm then back up for college at 7am. This proved to be quite a struggle for me therefore i had to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the new fashion items first and then meeting all the staff, it was a very enjoyable job and id recommend it to anyone.
Great company to work for.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 August 2018
Overally, Primark are a great company to work for as a manager. They demand a lot and it can be hard at times, but the rewards definitely make up for this.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long days
Fun place to work.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 May 2018
Good place to work for people who like meet new people and for students. Few shifts available, big flexibility of work. Part or full time job possible.
great teamwork present
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 May 2018
i believe this is a brilliant first job or a brilliant job for someone that is studying but when that's over you have to find a job regarding what you have studied because working in primark is a full of wide ranging task some hard and some easy.
I have learnt that you just have to get on day by day and take one task at a time and not rush what you are doing because that's when it al starts to go wrong.i love working this job but I'm currently to further my career.
Pros
diffrent shift timing
Cons
repetative days
Awful place to work
Part-time retail role (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester15 May 2018
Poor pay, no appreciation from middle or upper management. No job satisfaction but they'll take you on with no experience. Perfect for someone straight out of school with no experience. Awful for anyone else.
Managers and supervisors are hypocrites!
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 March 2018
you'll get some of the biggest hypocritical managers and supervisors at this place, they'll usually all get together chat go on their phones,try clothes on and would bollock anyone who is not in their circle of friends who does the same. Not a good place to work!!!!!
Pros
Okay hours
Cons
Managers and supervisors
Very Busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 March 2018
Putting out stock, cleaning up, helping customers, working behind the till
Some employees and managers were very polite and friendly but other managers were not.
It was very boring because i was in the sock section only.
paid the bills
nightshift (Former Employee) –  manchester8 March 2018
Paid the bills worth it if cant find any job else where, good opportunity to grow and be promoted, nights flew by with good work colleagues to get you through the slow nights.
excellent place to make career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
excellent place to work and devlop managment skills need customer service skills.
always very busy and challenging .
recomend best place I worked excellent job progression.
Productive and busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
A typical day would include putting stock out and tidying up. I worked in the socks and pyjama section which was very boring.
I learnt how to work independently and get on with the task I was given efficently.
Workplace culture was always busy and loud
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, can be boring
busy
Retail Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
Not a bad place to work but not great either. Most days are repetitive but some days are more challenging than others. If you got a job there be prepared to be told to do the same job 3 different ways by 3 different managers as communication is lacking at times.
Pros
you will meet great people from all walks of life.
Cons
stressing customers and egotistical managers/supervisors.
Productive and fun working place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 January 2018
clean. customer service is great. workers well train.

you find everything you want.

have got so man yAward before.

the stuff there nice and cheaper than other shop
Pros
Team work is great
Cons
Managers don' t pay much Attantion to workers needs.
fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 January 2018
friendly place to work staff are treated like family great working with the public everyday is a challenge its a good place to move up from staff to supervisor to manager
It’s a good job for people my age and very fast paced.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 December 2017
I have really had any bad experiences in the time I have worked here so it’s good and it’s a good little way to earn a bit of money. Most of the staff are friendly but people higher up tend to look down on people.
Pros
Canteen for staff
Cons
Working Public holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K