Primark Employee Reviews in London

Found 376 reviews matching the search See all 5,272 reviews
Sales assistant/cashier
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2018
Primark is a hectic place to work especially during Christmas, the workload is too much and the pay is terrible, you got minimum wage and they make you work and stay even after your shift is over.
not a fun place to work
RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London26 November 2018
very alienating and draining working environment with no appreciation and constant demand, sometimes even unreasonable. supervisor's often do not know what they are doing while manager spends the whole day in offices or if they not they are on the shop floor with ridiculous demands and expectations for a not enough paid job in relation to the struggle.
Pros
Cons
environment
Very busy
Sales Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 November 2018
A lot of opportunity for over time
Gain new skills/ perfect for a first time job role
Can be flexible with hours
Customers can be difficult
Management ok
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 November 2018
Laidback as long as your work was done and your station was up to date and tidy. Your customer service skills can be put to the test at times but you feel a sense of achievement after helping someone.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Alot of lifting
Borinf
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 November 2018
The supervisors are rude. The managers do not like to tell you what you are doing well and what you should be doing better. The only good thing is that we have fixed shifts
Pros
Fixed contract hours
Cons
Rude management
fun
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2018
fun to work would recommend applying, nice atmosphere and the people are very friendly. sometimes when the store is quite there is not much to do, but all in all its a great place.
Pros
good people to work around
Cons
customers can do some inappropriate things (leaving nappies under clothing racks)
Productive and Fun
Primark Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London5 October 2018
Overall Primark was a great company to start with when working your first job. Personal Note: i wanted more than what primark had to offer career wise.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Not enough opportunity
Fun place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London3 October 2018
I worked in Primark during my university days and enjoyed the atmosphere however I felt on several occasions that staff members were treated unfairly and unjustly. Overall, my experience at Primark was fun and enjoyable as most other staff members were also students.
great to build experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London3 October 2018
Its a very friendly environment to work at, however not much changes as you build experience, it is hard to advance, progress is hard as they have many staff. The people you work with make it enjoyable.
lovely
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 September 2018
multicultural environment easy to make friends staff are very friendly everyone helps out. managers could make a little effort of greeting their staff and not overloading tasks and help out too
work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  london6 September 2018
a regular day would be shopping for customers or working on the tills and then at the end f the day we would be cleaning the store prepping it for the next day. The managers were rude and abused power
Retail Assistant/Customer Services (Current Employee) –  London1 September 2018
Everyday is not the same at Primark but there is a few challenges along the way. It is a a okay place to work. The enjoyable part about working there is getting to meet interesting people and learning new things everyday. The new skills that I have learned while being there is being able to stay on top of all my day to day tasks including being able to deal with customers questions.
fun with colleagues
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 August 2018
its a good, fun environment. friendly people but the managers are not so nice. a bit disrespectful, condescending, patronizing and the supervisors are a lot worse
Fun and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
It was a good job with potential to grow within the company and the employers were lovely and pushed for what was best for everyone within the company
Proactive and fast passed
Buyer Footwear and Accessories (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2018
If you're looking for a fast passed company who allow you to develop and trade then Primark is for you. I had a great few years a the company, the culture is great, its very product focused and everyone us working towards the same goals.
Pros
Great company and very generous
Cons
Location isnt great but offices are
Ok work place
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  London13 August 2018
A typical work day I would report to my supervisor and they would tell me what to do which would be performing all register functions in line with company policy, working on the till, maintaining stock levels to maximise sales, promote specific lines under the guidance of management, use available information to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales,
I learned what hard work is like
The management in my opinion where rude and unfair
Colleagues made the work enjoyable
Working in the stock room was the hardest part of the job
Working on the tills was the easiest part of the job
Pros
colleagues
Cons
the managment
Great place to work, I can't fault it
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 August 2018
I love every minute of my job at Primark. I've worked for the company for a few years now and have been fortunate to gain experience of different stores through bolster.
Pros
The People
Horrible Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 August 2018
Primark is NOT a very nice place to work. I've faced many issues with the Management and even the store manager whilst having worked for them. They don't treat you like employees at all, and have no respect for you regardless. I've faced a horrible experience with them, and reviews online is not good at all. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them.
Pros
Cons
bad management, rude staff, store manager is rude
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 July 2018
nice and relaxed environment. Really flexible work allowing you to adapt to your home life. Staff are really nice and often help you when in need although work is't that complexed.
Very Busy enviroment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2018
Working here helped me learn alot in terms of retail industry as well as being able to judge other companies that i worked at afterwards. Bere in mind that the staff turnover places a huge role in how your treated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K