Primark Employee Reviews in London

Found 365 reviews matching the search See all 5,015 reviews
work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  london6 September 2018
a regular day would be shopping for customers or working on the tills and then at the end f the day we would be cleaning the store prepping it for the next day. The managers were rude and abused power
fun with colleagues
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 August 2018
its a good, fun environment. friendly people but the managers are not so nice. a bit disrespectful, condescending, patronizing and the supervisors are a lot worse
Fun and productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2018
It was a good job with potential to grow within the company and the employers were lovely and pushed for what was best for everyone within the company
Proactive and fast passed
Buyer Footwear and Accessories (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2018
If you're looking for a fast passed company who allow you to develop and trade then Primark is for you. I had a great few years a the company, the culture is great, its very product focused and everyone us working towards the same goals.
Pros
Great company and very generous
Cons
Location isnt great but offices are
Ok work place
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  London13 August 2018
A typical work day I would report to my supervisor and they would tell me what to do which would be performing all register functions in line with company policy, working on the till, maintaining stock levels to maximise sales, promote specific lines under the guidance of management, use available information to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales,
I learned what hard work is like
The management in my opinion where rude and unfair
Colleagues made the work enjoyable
Working in the stock room was the hardest part of the job
Working on the tills was the easiest part of the job
Pros
colleagues
Cons
the managment
Great place to work, I can't fault it
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 August 2018
I love every minute of my job at Primark. I've worked for the company for a few years now and have been fortunate to gain experience of different stores through bolster.
Pros
The People
Horrible Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 August 2018
Primark is NOT a very nice place to work. I've faced many issues with the Management and even the store manager whilst having worked for them. They don't treat you like employees at all, and have no respect for you regardless. I've faced a horrible experience with them, and reviews online is not good at all. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them.
Pros
Cons
bad management, rude staff, store manager is rude
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 July 2018
nice and relaxed environment. Really flexible work allowing you to adapt to your home life. Staff are really nice and often help you when in need although work is't that complexed.
Very Busy enviroment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2018
Working here helped me learn alot in terms of retail industry as well as being able to judge other companies that i worked at afterwards. Bere in mind that the staff turnover places a huge role in how your treated.
Very good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 July 2018
A nice place to work.the hours are flexible and you get to meet different types of people everyday.you can also get extra hours.you get paid for overtime.the management sector is very considerate.
Cons
Enjoyable workplace for part time workers, ideal for students
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 July 2018
Primark is a flexible place to work, ideal for student lifestyle. Depending on your on department and fellow colleagues it can be an enjoyable place to work. Can be slightly stressful at obvious times e.g summer, sales etc.
Ambiente de trabajo agradable
dependiente (Former Employee) –  londres8 July 2018
Divertido, se aprende cosas nuevas todos los dias ademas cada día es diferente y tienes posibilidad de crecer profesionalmente.
Daily Duties
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 July 2018
Daily duties would include stocking all the shelves ensuring that the clothing lines are in order, adequate sizes are available and listed.

ensuring the till area is clean and tidy.
lovely work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 July 2018
i love the fact that it was one train to get to work and i only had to travel for 20 minutes. i also loved working with members of the public ensuring they received excellent customer service. primark work environment is a multicultural background and is lovely place to work. i found my job role to be satisfying. the hardest part of the job is not being able to understand tourist when they do not speak english.
Pros
get to meet people from all over the world
Cons
undecided
average workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2018
The pay was average considering the workload but overall not that bad. workdays seem long but go by quickly and a majority of evening staff will leave the store late to tidy the shop, regardless of shift finishing hours. Management are nice and understanding and overtime is offered also. Overall it is an average job.
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 June 2018
Greeting customers entering the store. Being involved in stock control and management. Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for. Stocking and hanging merchandise. Maintaining a tidy store floor, general store cleaning. Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands. Fully till trained. Attaching price tags to merchandise. Controlling changing rooms. Unpacking delivery stock received.
Fun place to work, however management needs improvement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 June 2018
Great place to work for students as you meet many like minded people. There is a lot of overtime provided if you need, which is great if youre in need of extra money.
Interesting workplace for my first work placement.
Retail Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London19 June 2018
I went to Primark during my GCSE work placement. The pace was fast yet the team has welcomed me.

I worked in the home department, where I supplied the products on the shop floor. I also handled the returns, where I placed the returned products back to the correct place.
Fast pace enviroment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London14 June 2018
Working in a big company like this, gives you a lot of opportunities to learn social skills. Fast pace will never let you get bored. Task management becomes important in every day situations.
A great place to get experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2018
There was flexibility in the working environment at Primark. I learned how to be confident and deal with customer complaints or any issues. Learned how to provide excellent customer service. It was a fun and productive place to work in. Most enjoyable part was meeting and working with people of my age group. Hardest part of the job was that somedays it could get extremely busy during summer and there was a lot of pressure. Management was nice and praised our efforts.
Pros
Can work overtime, good pay and they hired even without previous experience
Cons
no discounts until seasonal promotions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K