Primark Employee Reviews in Liverpool

Poor management
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 September 2018
Found them difficult to work under- stroppy if you wouldn’t do extra shifts, stay late etc. Rest of staff were very cliquey too, stuck with the people from their floor et.
Great at first.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 August 2018
Would not recommend this company. Whilst the recruitment process is easy and the vast majority of senior management are lovely you'll soon realise that the promise of 'lots of overtime' is nothing but a lie to lure you in and that supervisors are either stressed out or have a major superiority complex. It's the sort of place where you either fit in or you don't. You need to be prepared to work hard as it's not stop and more often than not very few people hack it long enough. Some of the people you work with are lovely but there is a culture of gossip and backstabbing. HR are ok and store facilities are not bad eg: lockers, shower room etc.
Cons
Poor management, repetitive tasks.
If you want part time and don’t mind the wage then it’s the job for you
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool2 July 2018
Primark is good place to work if you want to get your foot in the door in retail, but the hours aren’t enough and the wage isn’t the best. The mangers are lovely and so is all the staff. You don’t get discount until November and it’s only 10% and you don’t get a break if your not doing overtime because its only a short shift everyday good thing is your off weekends if you work on the weekday.
Pros
Long breaks if doing overtime
Cons
Pay isn’t the best
Busy yet productive workplace.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 May 2018
The day began with putting out returns, followed by completing the delivery that came in that morning. The recovery and pick ups of the items occurred throughout the day.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
busy environment
Busy fast pace environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 April 2018
Work was always busy which was good, helped me keep occupied on the long shifts. Working at tills at the busy periods was the best and the staff were all really friendly.
Pros
Fixed pay
Cons
Fixed long hours
Entertaining
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside28 March 2018
Worked here whilst studying for some extra money as a student. Always something new on the floor as customers had all sorts of different requirements and tastes.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 March 2018
I’ve worked for primark 9 half years while it’s been a great place to work and I’ve met really nice people I’m ready to move on an give something else a go
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
not very fun
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 March 2018
i wasn't given opportunities to improve myself and it was the same repetitive tasks constantly. it is good for a few months but anyone working there for years must feel depressed
Friendly workplace
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool25 January 2018
Working at Primark was an experience i shall not forget, my first job and it was rather enjoyable.The staff were very friendly and support. The managers were always around to help when there was a problem and very helpful.
Pros
managers around alot
Cons
no break.
Not like it seems
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 January 2018
Primark may seem like a nightmare to people who go there to shop but for those who work there it is't as bad as you would imagine. Generous pay, decent enough hours and with good breaks.
Pros
Decent breaks, pay
Cons
fixed hours
productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool9 January 2018
I enjoyed every minute of working with Primark, the staff was so lovely and helpful and i gained a lot of experience from just a tempt job during the Christmas period.
great place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool2 January 2018
Primark is a great place to work, this was my first ever proper job. My regular day would be putting stock out, serving customers and recovering the shop floor. The Lower Ground managers are really friendly and easy to get on with and also very approachable, as my job was on chrismtas temp i was there for 3 months but when my contract come to an end i was honestly sad to leave. Overall, i would reccommend anyone to work at Primark if their looking for a job.
horrible place to work
Primark Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool30 November 2017
short lunches and short breaks with long hours and a very bad wage would not recommend for anyone to work here as I hate it.
no communication between staff.
Boring and repetitive
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside3 October 2017
Your day drags doing the same things 24/7 and is only good when allowed to communicate with other staff which managers don't like. It's very tiring because your on your feet all day but soon get used to it. Sometimes get underpaid
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours, bad management
experince
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool16 September 2017
some mangers are strict on some people but will leave the rest to do what they want which I call unfair
over all primark is a nice place to work when you get to know people but long hours to work as I work weekends I literally have no time to my self
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
long days to work
stressfull
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 August 2017
I couldnt wait to leave and I was a manager, I was treated like I was stupid, you either fit in or you dont depends if youre face fits or not or you sucked up to the store manager,

the salary looks amazing until you work it out by the hour...cleaners are on more!!
Friendly but impersonal
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool8 June 2017
In Primark I was on the third floor (kids & homeware) and my colleagues were the most welcoming lovely people I've met, I settled in really quickly. They'd let me do as much overtime as I wanted although my contract was 20 hours a week. The only thing I have to say is because there are over 600 people working there (the Liverpool store), it's a very impersonal atmosphere and I only got to know about 10 people there. I felt like it was hard to progress and get feedback because of this but I think it's a great first job and depending which section you're on everyone is extremely friendly.
Stockroom Operative
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside15 May 2017
I work in a busy environment maintaining Stockroom standards, and managing daily deliveries, providing the sales floor with stock. I use machinery such as Pallet trucks, bin compactors and cardboard and plastic bale machines.
Stressful environment to work in
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool23 April 2017
During my time working at this company, overall i found it a stressful environment to work in. Due to the size of the store and its popularity there was often a lot of pressure put on the management staff which would lead onto them putting pressure on the sales staff.
Fun place to work and benificial for pregressing.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 March 2017
I gained the title of supervisor while working here and always enjoyed my job. I have worked there for 10 years and regret none of it.The management are helpful and the staff are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K