Primark Employee Reviews in Leeds

Found 58 reviews matching the search See all 5,279 reviews
Overall fine but stressful
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds28 September 2018
I always find Primark stressful to shop in, working there is significantly worse. I had quite an unusual role as I stood at the front of the store as a greeter and answered any customer queries which was okay but got boring as it often included standing there for long periods of time with not much to do. However, like I say, this was quite specific to me - my colleagues seemed quite overworked.

The role will be particularly stressful and hectic around Christmas time and on weekends, but I definitely believe it's manageable, and overall was an okay experience.
Pros
Management, support from higher ups
Cons
Could be stressful/hectic, pay wasn't the best
Very Unorganised
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds17 June 2018
Management, supervisors and staff do not communicate effectively and things usually don't go to plan and causes stress to staff and customers which then results in the customers complaining about the service they received but the management and supervisors still continue to not do anything about it and continue to wonder why they lose business and why they get more bad reviews than positive.
Pros
Plenty of overtime available
Cons
Very low pay rate, unorganised, lack of communication
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 October 2018
My second ever job. Fun place to work - flexible and part time hours available. Great for any student along side their studies. I worked mon-fri 5-8. Great first job :)
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Rude ignorant staff
great management
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 June 2018
good management good service good pay good work place every culture or background friendly environment made quite good relation with people at work and customer
Pressurised enviornment
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 May 2018
Worked on tills in the pressurised, fast paced environment. Management were often unhelpful and didn't have much time for those below them but the job was overalll enjoyable
A slow work place, with often unproffessional management.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds21 September 2017
During my time at Primark, I found that working there was less of an issue than being under the rule of an often unprofessional managing team, workers would often be gossiped about to other managers and supervisors, or in some cases the staff. Overall it is a generally stressful environment, due to the management.
Pros
Average pay
Cons
Poor management, No staff benefits
Ok place to work, no long-term prospects
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leeds28 September 2017
The management are set in their traditional ways, very adverse to change. The company is hierarchical and bureaucratic, impeding decisions or communication, as this can take hours or days to communicate across levels of management. Communication is regularly misinterpreted or not conducted adequately, leaving employees with mixed messages. Anyone with long-term aspirations and wishes to progress should not work here, there is considerable favouritism and you are overlooked for progression if you are in a role they find difficult to replace. Some of the staff are very polite and easy to get along with and will support one another. However, the management are very narrow-minded, arrogant, and take their job far too seriously.
Cons
Minimum wage, poor communication, minimal progression
Stressful but I learned a lot
Floor staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 August 2017
Primark is a busy retail store and due to a stereotypical view of Primark, the customers act accordingly. This can be quite mentally straining and stressful however I learnt how to stay calm and address even the scariest of customers in a polite manner. The managers were fair and there were lots of available extra shifts if I wanted them but I was not forced to take them. The workplace is enjoyable because most of the employees were my age and easy to get along with. I enjoyed working on the till because it gave me time to talk to customers and make sure they were enjoying their visit to Primark. I wouldn't say there was a hard part of Primark apart from actually getting to the place, sometimes I would only just make it due to transport.
Gold Experience
CUSTOMER SALES (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 January 2018
Amazing Place to work in Prime Mark such as cool environment just comfortably felling and working under pressure always having to keep good customer services.
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 August 2017
Primark was a fantastic place to work, where management notice if you are putting in an effort and put you forward for promotions. I always had help when I needed it and felt like I was doing a good job. We had regular meetings to let us know the expectations of ourselves and the staff we were responsible for. The breaks were plentiful throughout the working day. There was always lots of overtime if you were willing. The staff were friendly and worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job would be keeping the store tidy with such a high footfall. The most enjoyable would be the fast paced environment with always something to do to make the day go faster.
Pros
Good friendships
Cons
No benefits.

Want to know more about Primark?

Ask a question
Fast paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 August 2017
Primark is a very busy workplace and although I love working in a busy and fast-paced environment, what was expected of us employees at the rate we were being paid at was not in the least bit fair.
I personally didn't enjoy working here but it's not the worst place to work. Somewhere I'd say would be a temporarily workplace till you find somewhere more fulfilling to move on to.
Energetic place
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 December 2017
Always full of task to do, never a dull moment to work, you can see all the new clothes and accessories coming in before public so worth working in there
Retail job with great staff
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 July 2017
There a daily routine to follow to keep on top of the business of the shop. Constantly something to improve or assist with so never bored. Staff were very friendly and had a good team culture. Management always did their best and were very helpful/hard working.
Pros
Easy, lovely staff
Cons
Customers and how busy it can get
Enjoyable job
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 March 2017
A typical day at work for me would be to recover my department, help with customer enquiries, replenish my department and serve on the tills. I have learned so much from working at Primark over the years. We have recently taken part in customer service training which was a real eye opener. I would say the hardest part of the job is keeping on top of the delivery, as sometimes deliveries can be big which makes it harder to get through but I always give 110%.The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the difference once you have filled and recovered the deparment, also the team I work with are great.
Very very average
Nights Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds18 November 2016
Given a Christmas Temp - Night Shifts position in October. Worked for around 3 weeks and quit due to the long hours and masses of work you are required to get through. Shifts were 19:45 - 07:30 meaning you are in the shop for 12 hours, then back again in 9 or 10 hours to do it all over again! Some staff were really nice and welcoming, others totally different, supervisor was really quite strange and rude to people. Pay was poor for nights, wouldn't recommend, you will become too tired and it is so physically draining and demanding
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
Long hours, rude staff
Horrible workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 April 2017
I have never experienced a work place with such an environment that resembled a school playground. No one wants to make friends with the new staff which makes for a very uncomfortable environment. Rude vile managers who talk down to you despite only early a pound more than you an hour.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish pay, unpaid breaks
Extremely busy
Retail Operative (Current Employee) –  Leeds3 October 2016
Have to be comfortable dealing with high volumes of customers, whatever part of the store you work in you'll face this!
Learned a lot more retail skills than I already had.
Theres always a supervisor/manager around to deal with queries.
Unlike a lot of jobs that state "theres always lots of oppertunity for overtime" There actually is always lots of room for overtime here, and can be done to suit yourself!
Pros
no zero hour contracts.
Cons
can get extremely busy extremely fast.
Approachable and friendly managers
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre10 July 2016
As I already have retail experience from my time at Next, working more closely with the supervisors and managers at Primark has helped me gain organisational and management skills. I had very good knowledge of the business within the first few weeks and feel I could move on to a supervisory role if one became available. The bigger store has also given me and chance to observe how larger businesses are run and how much larger workforces are managed.
Good team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG26 January 2014
till operator and shop floor assistant is basically all, cash handling, customer focused sales and service with a grand smile and attitude. co-workers and management were very nice and genuine people to work with, always getting the best out of you in terms of when your tired of standing all day and helping you get through your day. learnt the ability to take on a high influx of customers non-stop and keep a positive attitude towards each customer. hardest part of the job was standing all day and the most enjoyable was the staff talks and management banter.
Pros
nice busy environment
Cons
standing all day
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG10 January 2014
A typical day at work could be a variety of things such has fitting rooms, working on the tills, customer service, returning clothes, getting stock. I learnt loads of this during my experience like now I am till trained which I never was before and dealing with customers .The hardest part of the job for me would be answering questions, answering questions to customers telling them where the top is they wanted or where the tights are ect. because it was a big store and a lot of things gets moved around. Most enjoyable would be being on the tills I really like this.
Pros
fair break times
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K