Primark Employee Reviews in Leeds

Pressurised enviornment
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 May 2018
Worked on tills in the pressurised, fast paced environment. Management were often unhelpful and didn't have much time for those below them but the job was overalll enjoyable
Gold Experience
CUSTOMER SALES (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 January 2018
Amazing Place to work in Prime Mark such as cool environment just comfortably felling and working under pressure always having to keep good customer services.
Energetic place
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 December 2017
Always full of task to do, never a dull moment to work, you can see all the new clothes and accessories coming in before public so worth working in there
Ok place to work, no long-term prospects
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leeds28 September 2017
The management are set in their traditional ways, very adverse to change. The company is hierarchical and bureaucratic, impeding decisions or communication, as this can take hours or days to communicate across levels of management. Communication is regularly misinterpreted or not conducted adequately, leaving employees with mixed messages. Anyone with long-term aspirations and wishes to progress should not work here, there is considerable favouritism and you are overlooked for progression if you are in a role they find difficult to replace. Some of the staff are very polite and easy to get along with and will support one another. However, the management are very narrow-minded, arrogant, and take their job far too seriously.
Cons
Minimum wage, poor communication, minimal progression
Stressful but I learned a lot
Floor staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 August 2017
Primark is a busy retail store and due to a stereotypical view of Primark, the customers act accordingly. This can be quite mentally straining and stressful however I learnt how to stay calm and address even the scariest of customers in a polite manner. The managers were fair and there were lots of available extra shifts if I wanted them but I was not forced to take them. The workplace is enjoyable because most of the employees were my age and easy to get along with. I enjoyed working on the till because it gave me time to talk to customers and make sure they were enjoying their visit to Primark. I wouldn't say there was a hard part of Primark apart from actually getting to the place, sometimes I would only just make it due to transport.
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 August 2017
Primark was a fantastic place to work, where management notice if you are putting in an effort and put you forward for promotions. I always had help when I needed it and felt like I was doing a good job. We had regular meetings to let us know the expectations of ourselves and the staff we were responsible for. The breaks were plentiful throughout the working day. There was always lots of overtime if you were willing. The staff were friendly and worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job would be keeping the store tidy with such a high footfall. The most enjoyable would be the fast paced environment with always something to do to make the day go faster.
Pros
Good friendships
Cons
No benefits.
Fast paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 August 2017
Primark is a very busy workplace and although I love working in a busy and fast-paced environment, what was expected of us employees at the rate we were being paid at was not in the least bit fair.
I personally didn't enjoy working here but it's not the worst place to work. Somewhere I'd say would be a temporarily workplace till you find somewhere more fulfilling to move on to.
Retail job with great staff
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 July 2017
There a daily routine to follow to keep on top of the business of the shop. Constantly something to improve or assist with so never bored. Staff were very friendly and had a good team culture. Management always did their best and were very helpful/hard working.
Pros
Easy, lovely staff
Cons
Customers and how busy it can get
Lovely place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 June 2017
The management are very helpful and approachable. I found that working at Primark I was given small targets and boosts from management and support in order to complete tasks and lots of different training types to enrich my job experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, UK9 April 2017
Primark is a great experience for people wanting to go into retail as either a full or part time job. You get to meet various types of people and gain new experiences that will help you in future jobs.
Horrible workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 April 2017
I have never experienced a work place with such an environment that resembled a school playground. No one wants to make friends with the new staff which makes for a very uncomfortable environment. Rude vile managers who talk down to you despite only early a pound more than you an hour.
Pros
Cons
Rubbish pay, unpaid breaks
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 March 2017
Overall it's not great but the people made it for me. Definitely not the worse place I've worked. Good hours, good pay for supervisors and management. Holidays good. No discount though and customers seem to think they can get away with anything
Pros
Great staff and management team
Cons
Rude customers and no discounts
Enjoyable job
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 March 2017
A typical day at work for me would be to recover my department, help with customer enquiries, replenish my department and serve on the tills. I have learned so much from working at Primark over the years. We have recently taken part in customer service training which was a real eye opener. I would say the hardest part of the job is keeping on top of the delivery, as sometimes deliveries can be big which makes it harder to get through but I always give 110%.The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the difference once you have filled and recovered the deparment, also the team I work with are great.
Love/hate relationship
Retail Operative - supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 February 2017
Working in Primark is varied, each day is different. I had some of the best times but also some of the worst. It is very fasted paced so you need to be able to keep up.
Pros
Always overtime available
Cons
No benefis
Wouldn't Recommend
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 December 2016
Worked as a Xmas Temp in the Leeds Trinity store and during the induction, the managers mentioned they were going to make some staff permanent. They took on 100+ Xmas Temp staff members and out of them, only 2 people were made permanent. Supervisors were rude and two-faced (talking about new staff members behind their backs then smiling to their face). Overtime hours varied and managers would tell you ON THE DAY that there was a shift available the same day. Very bad organisational skills. Shop floor managers were clueless. No help provided. I had to handle men's jeans, tops, coats/jackets, hoodie and shoe section alone (1/2 of men's department). Supervisors and Managers just take advantage and it's not a welcoming place. Let's just say, the customers were nicer than the supervisors. On a bright note, if you're looking to make quick money as a student and have tough skin, it's the right job for you!

If you want a retail job, work at HM or New Look... Where there's music and an all-round better atmosphere.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unorganised, clueless managers, rude supervisors, exploitation of staff, too many unnecessary breaks (lose out on a lot of money)
Very very average
Nights Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds18 November 2016
Given a Christmas Temp - Night Shifts position in October. Worked for around 3 weeks and quit due to the long hours and masses of work you are required to get through. Shifts were 19:45 - 07:30 meaning you are in the shop for 12 hours, then back again in 9 or 10 hours to do it all over again! Some staff were really nice and welcoming, others totally different, supervisor was really quite strange and rude to people. Pay was poor for nights, wouldn't recommend, you will become too tired and it is so physically draining and demanding
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
Long hours, rude staff
Productive and fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 October 2016
Easy throughout. Great experience. Also the Team are great to get along with and the pay and benefits are excellent ! each day is different so you have to take it as it comes.
Self driven environment
Leeds Headorw and Leeds Trinity (Manager) (Current Employee) –  Leeds10 October 2016
Working with Primark can be a stressful environment as it is a fast paced job that challenges you with obstacles on a daily basis. It gives you the opportunity to develop yourself on how to deal with pressure and ensure that you deal with it the best way possible.

When working with Primark your communicating with a wide range of people from upset customers to staffing issues to relationships with suppliers and city centre officials. This helped improve my communication skills and help me learn how to create effective relationships with people and other companies.

The co-workers at Primark range from staff to management level, these people are most enjoyable part of the job because everyone has a unique skill and past that can help develop yourself.

Primark gave me the opportunity to mature as a person and mature in management level.
Pros
Meet new people everyday
Cons
Mistakes that the company would make, effective you a great way
Extremely busy
Retail Operative (Current Employee) –  Leeds3 October 2016
Have to be comfortable dealing with high volumes of customers, whatever part of the store you work in you'll face this!
Learned a lot more retail skills than I already had.
Theres always a supervisor/manager around to deal with queries.
Unlike a lot of jobs that state "theres always lots of oppertunity for overtime" There actually is always lots of room for overtime here, and can be done to suit yourself!
Pros
no zero hour contracts.
Cons
can get extremely busy extremely fast.
Great Colleagues
Retail Operative (Current Employee) –  Leeds City Centre5 September 2016
i am not going to lie working at Primark is hard work. its a fast paced job but being in the heart of the city centre it is to be expected. The co-workers are brilliant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K