Primark Employee Reviews

multi cultural
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2018
amazing people to work with. the workforce consist of people from all over the world and sometimes I felt like it was a melting pot of cultures, amazing managers, and staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire16 January 2018
Primark is a fun workplace, Great colleagues, have a good understanding with them. Don't get any discounts and minimum pay, needs to increase pay compared to the work load.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
no discounts
excellent place to make career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
excellent place to work and devlop managment skills need customer service skills.
always very busy and challenging .
recomend best place I worked excellent job progression.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex16 January 2018
Good wages, good shifts, good people. Was a great place to work if you enjoy customer service roles. I would happily work there again. Would defo recommend.
Boring
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff14 January 2018
Managment is poor, no communication. Never praised if done something well. Nice job for a weekend.. not recommended for full time.. Supervisors believe they are better than everybody else.
Cons
long hours.
Work was work
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Readong14 January 2018
Can be a very demanding place but the lack of staff can be awful and even when you but 100% in you don't get rewarded and constantly underpaid or not paid for overtime when doing shifts like 8-8. If your closing you will never finish on time.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Long hours, overworked, underpaid.
Great student job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City14 January 2018
Staff and supervisors are always awesome, management and HR can be a bit tough. It can be one of the busiest places.but the job is easy as long as you have basic time management skills.
Look after their staff
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down14 January 2018
Great company to work for. Really looked after their staff. Annual bonus. Great pay for position. Opportunity for progression is available. colleagues are great. Only negative is the contract length although overtime is readily available
Pros
yearly bonus
Part time sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol13 January 2018
Primark is a fantastic company to work for, good hours, lots of overtime and hour long dinner breaks! its very multicultural and you learn new skills every single day.
Productive and busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
A typical day would include putting stock out and tidying up. I worked in the socks and pyjama section which was very boring.
I learnt how to work independently and get on with the task I was given efficently.
Workplace culture was always busy and loud
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, can be boring
busy
Retail Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
Not a bad place to work but not great either. Most days are repetitive but some days are more challenging than others. If you got a job there be prepared to be told to do the same job 3 different ways by 3 different managers as communication is lacking at times.
Pros
you will meet great people from all walks of life.
Cons
stressing customers and egotistical managers/supervisors.
Chaotic (Night Shift)
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London - Marble Arch12 January 2018
Very chaotic, extremely short staffed and lack of good resources makes it even more difficult so there is a LOT of pressure that doesn't need to be there if those things were sorted out. The supervisors and managers try their best but it's still a frustrating environment to work in especially because, it's the largest Primark store in London so there is a LOT to do.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Tiresome
Great
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire12 January 2018
Fantastic company to work for. Great management, lots of overtime available during busy periods which helps. Colleagues are professional. Shifts go by very fast because it's so busy.
0 benefits
Sales Assitant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire12 January 2018
no benefits
no work schemes
poor wage
ask for a lot in return for very little
Wouldn't recommend the job to anyone however as a starter to gain experience for a CV it can be beneficial as the industry is fast pace.
Pros
Looks good on a CV
Cons
Poor wage, No benefits
fun and friendly workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire11 January 2018
Primark is a fun and friendly workplace which allows young people to thrive an show off their attention for detail and drive to work and impress. There is a wide range of employees which are employed from the quite type who get on with tasks given and the sociable who interact with customers providing the best shopping experience. As well as the shop floor the behind the scenes is just as colourful with a fun staffroom full of chatty peers and lovely managers and supervisors who always thrive to ensure all the staff are happy!
Worked there for 1 year and it was horrible
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent11 January 2018
Throughout the time I was working there I was treated like a child,
manipulated, they were often very rude towards me and spoke down to me constantly. As well as that, they were not very flexible and when asked, I was told I wasn't allowed to be allocated any more shifts, I was contracted a few hours a week and was happy to offer more of my services as I was desperate for more money but I was always rejected.

Further more, the typical day at Primark was a nightmare. I was always forced to swap jobs, I was never able to finish a task that I was set by managers as I was constantly given more tasks or was told to move to a different department. It was also impossible to keep areas clean, but not just because of customers, it was mainly because of managers repeatedly telling staff to put more stock out. This resulted in piles of clothing that had fallen on the floor due to no space and boxes everywhere because we never had time to sort them out. But that's only to name a few.

Nevertheless, there were positives such as pay rates and breaks, but unfortunately that is it in my opinion.
Pros
Lunches and pay rates
Cons
Rude staff and very unorganized
Not like it seems
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 January 2018
Primark may seem like a nightmare to people who go there to shop but for those who work there it is't as bad as you would imagine. Generous pay, decent enough hours and with good breaks.
Pros
Decent breaks, pay
Cons
fixed hours
Productive and fun working place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 January 2018
clean. customer service is great. workers well train.

you find everything you want.

have got so man yAward before.

the stuff there nice and cheaper than other shop
Pros
Team work is great
Cons
Managers don' t pay much Attantion to workers needs.
very productive work environment.
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
A good job for hardworking individuals that have the desire to contribute to a company that serves customers and promotes basic clothing products and accessories.
Pros
motivational and productive work environment.
Cons
There can be long periods of boredom and no customers.
Beautiful workplace
Working staff (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport10 January 2018
In primark I like the work of the staff, they have lots of of great pieces, I love to go shopping there, because they have cheap and perfect things to buy.
Pros
Low prices for clothes
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.