Primark Employee Reviews

it could be better
Primark Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London15 June 2018
the management is very poor at the shop and they could definitely be more organized with their stock and staff.
I am working at the store in Lewisham Primark
Pros
Great people to work with and decent salary
Cons
Bad management, unorganised, there is not a no tolerance policy
it is a great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, UK14 June 2018
great team to work with plenty to do, i was a stockroom assistant and i had a lot to do one day , but time flew cause i got my head down and done it ,
Fast pace enviroment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London14 June 2018
Working in a big company like this, gives you a lot of opportunities to learn social skills. Fast pace will never let you get bored. Task management becomes important in every day situations.
Okay for a job between college
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basildon13 June 2018
Was great to begin with fitted around my college hours but now I’m looking for something more exciting, not really a place you can advance in, not enough opportunities.
Pros
Cons
You end up staying way longer than you expect to.
fun place to work in
retail operative (Current Employee) –  Harrow on the Hill, Greater London13 June 2018
primark is a good company to work for if you want to progress but when you are a retail operative the pay is not good at all and workload is a lot
you do meet new people
Pros
free uniform
Cons
A great place to get experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2018
There was flexibility in the working environment at Primark. I learned how to be confident and deal with customer complaints or any issues. Learned how to provide excellent customer service. It was a fun and productive place to work in. Most enjoyable part was meeting and working with people of my age group. Hardest part of the job was that somedays it could get extremely busy during summer and there was a lot of pressure. Management was nice and praised our efforts.
Pros
Can work overtime, good pay and they hired even without previous experience
Cons
no discounts until seasonal promotions
working at primark
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire12 June 2018
personally i didn't enjoy working here. the atmosphere wasn't any good, you was never appreciated for what you did, a few of the management team were very lazy and didn't help you even though you asked several times.
Productive work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 June 2018
Its a fun friendly place to work in and you do end up making lots of friends. Its an easy job but standing on your feet can make it difficult. it does get boring doing the same thing over and over again but you have plenty of customers with different questions.
good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London12 June 2018
Great as a first job to gain experience. Low salary and lots of work to complete. Not beneficial if you want to gain more from working at Primark. No discounts for staff.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
no rewards
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant - Shop floor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 June 2018
Good place to work in general with convenient work hours and work allocation. The best aspect of this job is the environment surrounding you with vibrant colleagues who provide you with an uplifting energy during your day.

Want to know more about Primark?

Ask a question
Fast paced environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester11 June 2018
Friendly staff and coworkers
Understanding managers
Opportunity for overtime offered to weekend staff
Fast paced environment, can be stressful
Easily laid out shop floor
Good breaks scheme
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool7 June 2018
A typical day at work is working on the tills and helping customers with choosing products. I have learned many retail skills and learned many new skills. It is a fun place and work.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2018
As a cashier my duties enclued serving coustomers, dealing with enquiries to maxamizes sales potential.Dealing with returns, handling cash taking payments.
Lively and fun but challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station4 June 2018
Working in the Marble Arch flagship store was exciting as something unusual or fun would happen everyday and there are so many members of staff constantly joining that you meet someone new everyday.

The customers are challenging to cope with a lot of the time and you develop thick skin working there.

Making friends with staff and having a laugh is definitely what I will remember about working here.

The managers and the whole hierarchy is frustrating at times as the self importance some of the managers and supervisors have is laughable but manageable when considering the down to earth retail assistants working there alongside me.

The pay was great and actually increased whilst I was working there which was great. Hours range but I worked from 4pm-8pm on weekdays and I was very satisfied, also being able to live my own life.

Overall, I enjoyed working at Primark and if I needed a part-time job again for a while, I would definitely return and recommend to others.
Pros
Lively atmosphere, good pay, good hours, good holidays
Cons
Managers are difficult to confide in/ explain thing to
Productive work place
Primark Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London4 June 2018
Primark store Hounslow good place to start a career and learn new skills. the best thing about Primark is they give fixed day contracts and makes it possible to make plans doing other things in life. Overtime is always available for staff if you wish to do more hours. only bad thing is the uniform looks very poor and unprofessional. pay rate is poor for the amount of workload they expect from staff, some managers and customers can be very rude at times.
Pros
Staff, Management, fixed contact days
Cons
poor pay rate, unprofessional uniform
Good first job
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 June 2018
Some friendly staff and alot of overtime avaliable for anyone who wants to earn more money for the month. Was a good first job for me at the age of 16 as it gave me alot of knowledge in retail and customer service
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
No discount
Productive and fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe2 June 2018
A typical day at work at Primark was enjoyable. All the staff were lovely and the job felt mostly rewarding, and helped me to develop my skill set and gain experience working in retail.
Pros
Good break allowances
Cons
Low pay per hour
productive, welcoming and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea City1 June 2018
during my time in Primary, a typical day started off with organizing and ensuring the store is neat and tidy, before opening the store. It allowed me to improve on my organizing skills. Throughout the day my job would be to keep to keep the store tidy, welcome customers and assist customers when needed. I would also go on tills serving customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and improving skills, meeting new people and experiencing something different. It has given me confidence when going in to new jobs.
Pros
discounts and experiance
Cons
can be boring
Very busy environment, poor management
Retail Operative & Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2018
The only reason I worked for this company was to make any extra money whilst studying at university. Management was poor and staff were not valued at all.
Great place to work!
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester1 June 2018
Everyone is very friendly and it is a very comfortable place to work. I learnt excellent customer service and essential health and safety precautions applicable to any workplace.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Very hot during the summer due to lack of air con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K