Primark Employee Reviews

Wonderful
Associate (Former Employee) –  Coventry21 May 2018
I loved working at Primark. The staff were wonderful and they understood your needs and were very generous about if you were being affected personally and could not deal in work. The people there were lovely and I wish I could have stayed but I was moving back home.
Pros
Staff is wonderful, short hours, lovely customers
it was good experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  floors, UK19 May 2018
I have learnt how to hover, catch moping the floor.
I have done buffing the floor and clearing the black marks from the floor with green pad removing.
Management/Supervisors were awful
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford18 May 2018
A typical day consisted of working on the checkouts serving customers and occasionally ensuring that the shop floor is neat and tidy.
The job itself was ok. The customers were lovely and it was easy work however the supervisors and management are awful. Always ignoring your call for assistance and talking to you in a rude and horrible manner. If your face does not fit, forget it.
Pros
Weekends free
Cons
Management and Supervisors
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 May 2018
a typical day in primark would depend on what job you are doing, however it would mostly consist of customer service and keeping the shop tidy, i learned retail skills.
Fun workpace
Assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Bradford17 May 2018
Everyday at work you meet new people, everyone has a good relationship together and a diversity of customers are always welcomed into the store. We all work as a team to make sure all work gets done.
Pros
Meeting new people
okay
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry17 May 2018
My responsibilities were working on the shop floor, ranging from recovery on shop floor to returns. Dealing with customers and ensuring their requirements and needs are met to its highest quality also working at till banks. Bringing stock down onto the shop floor and pricing sale items. I also did admin work for example sorted out damaged goods and checking the system for the item price and calculating the loss and whether it can be sold and noting the information of each items.
Fun place to work.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 May 2018
Good place to work for people who like meet new people and for students. Few shifts available, big flexibility of work. Part or full time job possible.
great teamwork present
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 May 2018
i believe this is a brilliant first job or a brilliant job for someone that is studying but when that's over you have to find a job regarding what you have studied because working in primark is a full of wide ranging task some hard and some easy.
I have learnt that you just have to get on day by day and take one task at a time and not rush what you are doing because that's when it al starts to go wrong.i love working this job but I'm currently to further my career.
Pros
diffrent shift timing
Cons
repetative days
Fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 May 2018
productive and lovely place to work
Retail Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear16 May 2018
i have worked at primark over the christmas period ,and i loved been park of the primark team,i met alot of lovely co workers the managment and supervises are always there to help you ,it is a great place to work .
Awful place to work
Part-time retail role (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester15 May 2018
Poor pay, no appreciation from middle or upper management. No job satisfaction but they'll take you on with no experience. Perfect for someone straight out of school with no experience. Awful for anyone else.
Productive Workplace
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London and Stoke on Trent15 May 2018
Working at Primark was enjoyable at times, however, it was strenuous for the most part especially as Christmas temp there was little consideration for myself who was pregnant.
Rubbish.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool14 May 2018
Rubbish place to work, treat you like dog poo don’t care about your personal well-being only that they get their money. Would never recommend anyone to work there.
Management awful, only favourism get far
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trostre14 May 2018
Management were so laid back, didn't get training, alot of bullying.
Inappropriate actions from management
Stock rooms are messy , boxes of clothes left outside in the rain.
Management friends that work there seem to be laid back and Go for brakes whenever they want.
Probably one of the worst places I have worked.
Customer assistant need more notice after what they are put through from management.
Pros
Cheap clothes
Cons
Not a nice place to work in.
fun workplace
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bletchley, Buckinghamshire14 May 2018
Primark is a fun environment in which to work in however it can get very busy and stressfull. I enjoyed working at Primark and would recommend working there.
Primark is great for Part-time work.
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk14 May 2018
Whilst taking part in my studies, I have been working at Primark for the last 2 years as a weekend retail assistant in their King's Lynn branch.

I am leaving a review because I believe people look down on Primark jobs for unknown reasons. Despite this I have only positive things to say about my time at Primark.

The management and HR work well with the shop floor team to make it an enjoyable relaxed workplace. If there is any problems within the workplace then they are sorted in a professional and considerate way.

Another thing that is often talked about is their pay rates. But as of April 2018, They have an equality pay scheme which ensures all workers under the age of 25 get the same pay rate.This means it is perfect and beyond for a first job.
Pros
good pay, good management
Cons
3 weeks in advance of holiday and not ALWAYS approved.
management was poor
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 May 2018
It was really hard to get an over time even when I had written my name first on the list and whenever I did manage to get some overtime they would replace me with someone else that they liked.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
annoying managers
Poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colchester12 May 2018
Worked there during opening period. Training in Chelmsford was great, they were well organised and had specific routines and helped each other out.
Moving back to Colchester store for the opening was awful. The managers were rude to staff, had no respect. Breaks were missed. They would never answer when called over the speakers. There was no communication between supervisors and management and any requests for improvement were ignored.
They attempted meetings before store opening but a few were always left out as they had jobs to be completed. A complete and utter sham.
Pros
Respect frlm staff
Cons
Poor management and organisation
Ok for students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 May 2018
it's an ok job if you are a student as you can pick up overtime a lot of the time to earn some extra money but as far as trying to get a career in Primark, management is not exactly helpful
engaging and very fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2018
It is a very fun experience and you learn a lot of things and gain experience,and you can gain lots of skills such as time keeping,patience and many others.The hardest part is when the store is packed and you have to deal with lots of customers.
Pros
fun
Cons
less pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K