Primark Employee Reviews

Found 3,162 reviews matching the search See all 5,272 reviews
Great Company
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire12 December 2018
A great company that makes you feel welcome and is a great place to learn new skills and make connections. The Managing team is approachable and are always around when you need help or a chat.
Pros
Friendly
It can be very stressful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, UK11 December 2018
It's fun if you get on with co-workers, but management isn't great. They don't give you enough training but still expect you to do everything right first time round.
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Long hours and little pay
good experience for my first job
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire11 December 2018
it was a well experienced job that I took part in for my first ever job, I experienced lots of things for example within the first day I new where everything would go but I do not think that it was the right job for me.
Pros
free lunches
productive
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands10 December 2018
terrible place, dont progress unless your face fits. i dontvwant to say anything elsebabput it . everyone is different. has avdifferent opinion aboutbit
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
temporary work only
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK10 December 2018
nice temp job, helped me over the Christmas period .nice people that I worked with professional company, regular shifts and payment on time quite liked working there..
Pros
nice people that i worked along.
Cons
short term work
productive and busy workplace
Part-time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, UK9 December 2018
A typical day at work would consist of me distributing stock and occasionally working on the tills.
I learned more about the industry and how retail works.
Sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford City Centre, West Yorkshire8 December 2018
Preparing a safe and clean working environment, helping customers with general enquires and more specific advice regarding potential purchases.
Good, understanding management.
Pros
Holidays, staff discount
Cons
Lack of hours
fun to work there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands8 December 2018
nice place to work, always had a laugh with co-workers, customers could be disrespectful and ungrateful at times which made you wonder why you did what you did and when you did go that little extra you weren't thanked
Pros
fun
Cons
the hours
Sales assistant/cashier
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2018
Primark is a hectic place to work especially during Christmas, the workload is too much and the pay is terrible, you got minimum wage and they make you work and stay even after your shift is over.
Friendly Environment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 December 2018
During my time at Primark I felt like part of a large family with friendly and helpful colleagues. Management staff were always approachable and willing to help me in any way needed.
Pros
Friendly environment, helpful collegues, good variety of daily tasks
Cons
low monthly pay
Fast Passed but Boring
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  NORTHAMPTON, NORTHAMPTON, UK5 December 2018
Very Boring job that drags.
The employees are nice and friendly.
Managers are 50/50.
Quite stressful for retail
Salary is low and little staff benefits
Ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, UK5 December 2018
Typical retail department store ..... typical retail job.... colleagues a good bunch to get a long with, Can be long hours and like retail you can work any day of the week on a rota basis
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire4 December 2018
Busy environment, fast past, alot is expected but the staff you work with make it worth it. A fun job and very interactive, can be tiring at busy times Christmas, Easter etc. otherwise enjoyable
enjoyable workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, UK4 December 2018
I only worked at Primark for a few months alongside college, however the organisation and management was probably the best I've had. The tasks were straightforward, everyone was really nice and the workplace was diverse. It was my first customer service job and first time on tills, and I feel I got trained effectively. I wouldn't say the job was taxing in any way, however, it did get very busy on weekends and when I first started it was quite overwhelming, but for first time experience in retail i would recommend working there to anyone as I enjoyed myself and met some lovely people!
Pros
lovely people, great training
Cons
pay could've been a bit higher
good company to work for
Retail Assistant (Nightshift) (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street East, London, UK4 December 2018
I had a very enjoyable 8 months working for them. I worked nightshift so was difficult at times but the colleagues and management helped and motivated us in these times.
long way
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 December 2018
it was not the type of work I was looking for, I went there with a growth proposal and it did not have, despite my experience and knowledge, I did not have the desired opportunity.
Pros
Cons
long way
good work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oxford, UK3 December 2018
Busy high street shop. Good work environment. You have multiple departments to fit in. They give opportunities to work to different people from different nationalities.
Good Warehouse, Poor Communication & Organisation Throughout
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Islip, Northamptonshire1 December 2018
Warehouse still quite new, as is the operation, as it's only been running a few years. Colleague retention is terrible which is a combination of the workers themselves along with instability due to poor communication throughout the warehouse.
Friendly and enjoyable workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset1 December 2018
As a part time weekend job while I was at college, Primark gave me the opportunity to gain valuable retail experience, learning the trade and developing customer service skills while in a busy and supportive environment.
Awful
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria1 December 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here, the management is terrible and they dont really care about their staff. You are over worked and expected to to 100 different jobs at once. You never know whether u are coming or going and god forbid if you get ill!! When another job comes up else where i will definitly be out of here. Most stressful and depressing place to work.one rule for one and different for others, hardly see management as there always in office and supervisors not much better either. Ok for them to stand around chatting, while you are working your butt off.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, bad management