Primark
Information from Primark:

Primark Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4,103 reviews
Found 4,103 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work
Its really about the people you work with that makes the job fun, good place for young and old people to work. My experience was quite good at Primark.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
Fast paced but rude customers
Primark can be a fun place to work, i never despised it enough to leave in a rush. They always welcomed me back and there was a nice comradeship within the store. The customers can however be rude, and demanding especially during peak hours.
no comments
I had to keep the shop florr tidy and serve curtomer.sometimes I had to stay on tills too. I have learnt quite a lot frm that experience. I would work at primark again
Work lives
Love working in primark esp for the social side which is excellent. Im on folding which is boring but youve always someone to chat to. There's always plenty of overtime to top up wages
I really enjoy working in primark except the hours
mean managers
if your face fits , very clicky , no progression only if your bessie friends the management team, managers take their bad days out on staff , managers rude treat you like children no respect , your just a number on payroll might as well be working in factory, minimum wages whilst company making millions
okayish
bad management, okay company to work for, no good benefits however pay is that bad for a retail job. Can be very boring and repetitive and staff are set to the same thing everyday
Unhappy
Staff were unhappy . It was stressful it was the managers were making things worse. Made you work hard and never left home on time . the manager always used to keep an eye on you.
Awful
Worst retail job I have ever had, only one I've ever been made to cry in and the management is awful. They do not care about you and work you to the bone. The hours are long and there is hardly a work life balance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Primark?
Fast-paced
It is a busy environment that requires patience. You get full training from supervisors and managers who a re always helpful. You need to be polite with the customers and deal with their issues and requests.
Great for full-time students
Primark pays fairly, provides overtime opportunities. The colleagues are nice and the work environment is fast-paced yet relaxed (unless it's Christmas). Overall, I really enjoy working there.
Fast paced environment that gains you experience
Despite what people may have heard about working at Primark, the conditions are excellent. Staff receive a discount leading up to Christmass No sales targets or unnecessary pressure from managers or supervisors when working on tills. Massive lack of job security, as my contract was not renewed with no reason given.
Pros
Friendly Colleagues, occasional staff discounts, good pay
Cons
Long Hours, Big lack of job security
funny and enterntain
I really enjoy work at primark, the team is really nice, and they help you in whatever you need.
I did nnot speak the lenguage well and the try to understand.
productive and fun environment
It was great working at Primak. great colleagues. Made you feel like family.
I was pregnant while working there. They made it so comfortable for me to work. Even days i could not work They helped me to get home and help me in any way possible.
productive
it a fast pace environment and most of the time is always busy. I leaned a lots especially working with other peoples is very easy.The managment are all there to help us if we need any help
Good work
I really enjoyed working at primark because I like to work with all different people and help the community. All the supervisors and managers was helpful and kind .
Great job for students
Working for Primark requires flexible skills - you usually have your area of responsibility (e.g. folding t-shirts, replenishing stock, clearing fitting room etc). but you also need to watch tills and serve customers when it's busy.
The management in Inverness store is really nice, they always make a small chat with work-floor staff and nobody looks at anyone down. They do not only work at the office, but sometimes serve customers and replenish stock. I learned a lot from them.

The hrs are flexible - they might ask you to come to do extra shifts but if you can't it's fine.

I think the work is ideal for students - you can work weekends and get extra hrs during summer time when it's busy.
Retail assistant
Job interview fairly easy, common knowledge questions, taken on as part time, then after a month got full time, very relaxed and great management team
My experience working in Primark
Worked st Primark as a cashier for a year my experience was great but soon had to change as my expenses grew and Primark salary was not enough for me to last.i would describe my work at Primark as busy collaborative fast paced and working as a team.
Favouritism
Some people allowed to be lazy or constantly given easy work load.
Immature supervisors with little social skills. Unresponsive management. Not enough staff.
Good for a first job
Not a great work environment you were known as a member and not as a name or person, they didn’t really care about you as an individual i didn’t feel able to have an informal chat about anything with management, I didn’t feel able to rely on any member of the ‘team’
good experience
enjoyable coming in the morning, and saying good morning to collgues. I liked getting called to work in the till. less enjoyable part when customer were anger . Enjoyed when customer asked for products or questions it give me the change to assist