Prezzo Employee Reviews

Awful place
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 October 2019
Terrible. Please don't do it to yourselves. Expected to do 2/3 people's jobs at once. Never enough staff on. As kitchen staff you're expected to do the kitchen porter side whilst doing your own. Full of empty promises from management - "We want to hire a bigger team here so we can change the shift patterns and be more flexible" never happened, in fact they cut the amount of staff we can have on shift for budget reasons.

Spoke with most members of the team (Front of house and kitchen) no one is happy, understaffed and overworked is the common theme. Three 'chefs' all hitting 55 hours a week every week.
Current kitchen staff have no idea about food hygiene, use their dirty apron to clean debris off plates. Free for all with the tongs, sometimes it's yellow, sometimes it's red - I say something like “you can seriously harm someone” to which I receive the reply "no control today" meaning no environmental health officer today, diabolical. Food is left out for hours out the back. If the kitchen staff make a mistake it's left to fester in the sweltering heat on the side until the next poor customer orders that dish. (Consequence of penny pinching on both stock and staff). Water bath for pasta is never changed, absolutely filthy by the evening tables. Not a single member of the kitchen team speak beginners level English, so communication is so difficult - I wonder how they completed their online training? Another consequence of being understaffed and having too much to do? The three sections fridges (pizza, pasta and grill/salad) are not sent through the dishwasher at the end
  more... of the evening, come in to crusty pomodoro around the metal tins where the current days prep is just added on top.

Best element to working here is the 50% off but it doesn't outweigh the disadvantages! After working here I'll never order pasta from Prezzo again.
Pros
Free food on shift, 50% discount
Cons
Everything else
Bad company too work... the head office is a great mess...
Second Chef (Former Employee) –  Saffron Walden, Essex28 September 2019
Bad boss's no body is consurne about nothing just about money dont have respect for the employers.... just kick you out when dont need you animore... and after tell for all the persons you are bad worker... can you tell me how many hours i work for you without day off? Loads.....
Lovely place.
Kitchen Chef (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks28 September 2019
Lovely place to work, friendly staff and manager. Everybody is nice and is a good atmosfere to work too. Nothing bad to say about, quite happy with...
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Was employed by them but left
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  Beccles13 September 2019
The amount of work you was expected to do was absolutely point less the restaurant was never busy enough to warrant being paid to go in I would go in do three hours then be sent home because it wasn’t busy enough I also applied for a certain job role then found out in my interview that the job role was something completely different and while I was on probation I happened to be late due to public transport and they wasn’t understanding I was made to stay later that what I was meant to as punishment for being late even tho I when I arrived I got on with what I was meant to be doing the wages wasn’t paying enough to warrant even going in I was rotad in for certain shifts and would always have my hours cut down certainly a ok place to work if you live near the place they chefs spoke In Their one language and when they did start talking in English it was hard to understand what they were talking about
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Loss of hours due to not busy
great team easy menu
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland7 September 2019
Good to work here if you looking for work lots of hour weekly and willing to go arounfd some other branches. Big focus and pressure on labour stock and food quality. Hard to find this time chefs to work with mainly because of pay structure.
Pros
free lunches, staff discount
Cons
too much pressure on labour
Amazing place with Amazing People
Waitress/Barmaid (Current Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex7 September 2019
I have experienced some of the best times at Prezzo! It has been such a pleasure to work for the company. It gives you an opportunity to meet so many people at work and customer satisfaction has become my main goal during every shift.
Official response from Prezzo
27 September 2019

thanks for you feedback, our values our one team re alive and well. You certainly appear to be living our mission " every customer leaves wanting to return"

Good place to work mostly
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Whiteley6 September 2019
Pro- tips are amazing I would usually make about £200 a week on average, customers are usually great, colleagues were lovely. It’s a fun job, the system works well to make life easier. Con- management can take the mickey, making you stay longer than supposed to on almost a nightly basis and also overworking you when on shift by not getting enough staff in (to save money). Another thing to point out is service charge doesn’t go to you directly, so anything that isn’t cash isn’t yours. This is only an issue when you get given a section full of these which happens regularly enough.
Good place where to learn how to work in the kitchen.
sous-chef (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 September 2019
Prezzo is a busy restaurant. Here you have the opportunity to learn the kitchen preparation and organization, how to work in stressfull moments and how to manage a kitchen.
Very bad place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern30 August 2019
Zero help from upper management and honestly in all the years I have been in the customer service sector the worst place to work ever. Just make life and work so difficult and not giving any care to anyone who worked there. Sacked all management with no real reasons so job Secuirty is zero
Pros
Ok food
Cons
No cares towards staff and management of venue
Fun but stressful workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare29 August 2019
I had a really nice team, very fun chatting to all the customers and closing and opening wasnt too hard. However, when it gets busy it can get quite stressful especially considering often we were understaffed because people higher up in Prezzo were set on reducing the hours which often made it very hard for my manager and supervisors, and often left you with so much to do in an hour at the end of the night so would be running around. Other than that i really enjoyed working at prezzo
Pros
Free Lunch, Good Tips, Friendly atmosphere, Very social job
Cons
Short shifts, Work quite late, understaffed
Awful place and treated horribly
Chef (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre, West Yorkshire23 August 2019
You get treated worse than a dog all of the staff and supervisors are rude and constantly on there phones. Nobody helps you during service the money is not worth it
good
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Birmingham19 August 2019
Friendly workplace
Great sense of team work
Great staff food
Approachable management
A lot of promotional and discount offers and codes available to customers may be difficult at the beginning to get used to
Productive, terrible management
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Epsom14 August 2019
It gets remotely busy as the day goes on and that's absolutely fine, the job is easy for the most part and you get staff meals, which are very yummy, but the management was completely out of standard, just terrible.
Positive
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Banstead9 August 2019
I do love customer service. It has been great experience to work at Prezzo’s so far. This company has a lot of potential and great ideas.
I learnt how to solve problems using creative solutions.
not good to work for
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stevenage6 August 2019
i had no training, my pay was never right, my contract was void and when I questioned all of this I was told I failed my probation trial
absolutely no communication team and very disorganised
Worked till you drop
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Halstead28 July 2019
Expected to work till you drop, only upside is you get fed. You get a real insight to how picky and uptight people are when they go out to eat and how awful the wait-staff are treated.
Pros
free
Cons
On feet forever
Worst Place I've ever worked!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire22 July 2019
I can't stress enough how terrible this comapny is to work for. No training received but expected to run the kitchen on may I add barely above minimum wage. Hours can either be a 13 hour day or if they want to save labour you'll have split shifts with 3-4 hours break. Not good when you have a household to run. A bullying culture ensued within the Prezzo I was based at. My manager, area manager and area chef were all aware but kept laying the responsibility on each and not approaching the situation. The only good thing was free staff food but after a while pizza and pasta gets very, very boring.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
As a GM you can make it enjoyable.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 July 2019
Everything is always depending on branch General manager.
Being myself a GM, I did manage to create an amazing atmosphere inside the place to work, but for senior managers or Head office departments would be good to do some live shift in the busy restaurants to understand more of the way how different can be their easy theory and the hard restaurant practice.

Otherwise very good company to work for.
Pros
Staff meals, 50% discount in all branches, salary extra
Cons
Split shifts
Fun Workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Windsor18 July 2019
Nice place to work, many times had to stay longer.
learning
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wickford, Essex10 July 2019
I learn a lot in Prezzo, it contributed for most of my success over the years, The management is really understanding.
Opportunities to progress are there if someone wants
Pros
healthy
Cons
savinng labour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prezzo. Our community is ready to answer.