Prezzo

Prezzo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom346 reviews
I enjoyed working at two different branches at Prezzo.
One of the branches I worked at was more relaxed than the other one.

The job was very intense and required a lot of dedication.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Working here at the start,wass new.now that i learned everything about pizza pasta vino and people. was super. 😘🤗
.former kp gone up to head chef.🤘
Pros
Good team work
Cons
They absolutely don't care about the workers. No care for the waiting staff, overworked and understaffed, not able to eat like a normal human being (having to eat in a unsanitary and dangerous staff room cause not allowed to be seen eating by customers). You won't know your weekly rota until midnight before the start of your shiftn and they still won't care. DON'T WORK HERE .
Pros
Free food, great co-workers
Cons
The head chef was terrible, no training was given. very much understaffed. split shifts nearly everyday. When i first started I was given 18 shifts in a row.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Supervised all in-house aspects of the restaurant, from in-house decorations to menu selection.
-Managed different areas of restaurant operations such as customer relations, vendors’ relations and

inventory control.
I worked there as a chef. Have to leave because of "Covid-19 ".Fantastic young crew and the management supportive ,definitely a good environment .Obviously being a fast paced environment at rush hours can be tough, but they are patient and you get a good training if you don't have enough experience.Overall...I definitely go back
Pros
Amazing people, food as well
Cons
Nothing from my point of view
Lovely team can have a lot of fun although pay is min wage can easily make it up with tips! Can be stressful as often the restaurant was under staffed due to having orders to cut labour! All in all enjoyed my job at prezzo and only left because the hours were not right for me being a mum.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Unsociable hours
Understaffed business in all areas. They save money by cutting hours and are left understaffed for busy hours causing a lot of stress. General manager hard to get hold of in days off despite in desperate need.
Bad company,no hours,like a sous chef I get pay 8.50 per hour,only split shift,3-4 hours brake,there is nothing to much to said about this company,not recommend.
It's been more than 3 years since I've started working for Prezzo and I currently work here. It's a really great job, many opportunities to be transferred(as they have more than 250 branches in UK), good management ,good area management too. I'm very happy and very proud of myself as I have improved a lot of English (When I first started, my English was very bad). I was blessed to meet good staff which provided me the best training ever
Pros
After 6 months you can get promoted, free meals . You can cover other branches and get paid for the transport
Cons
Longer breaks
Management was almost non existent. I was never trained and learnt on the job, however I gained many skills. I love working in a restaurant but did not enjoy time with the colleagues I was working with but I cannot judge the whole company based on one branch. Other than that it was a good learning experience.
I applied for prezzo as a waiter/server after visiting the restaurant, the servers were lovely. I was offered the job pretty much straight away. As soon as I started I felt welcomed by everyone until a few weeks on. With several years of experience I know how restaurants should be run, how wrong I was about this place, the GM clearly had favourites, both AMs were about it as much use as a chocolate teapot. Newly promoted supervisors had pretty much no experience and I often found myself having to advise them on what they need to do which to me wasn’t a problem however proper training should be given. A complaint was made about training to which the managers specifically targeted the new staff, which is normal, however when you have current staff with customer service skills as bad as they are, maybe make some time for them too. Kitchen team were atrocious, always arguin in Hungarian never communicating with team meme era properly, appalling food hygiene too.

Management seriously need to get a grip here, instead of sitting at the computer doing nothing all shift, get up and work !!
It pays ok.
The Area Manager(Bournemouth area)hasn't got a clue of what is to run a on site venue, delusional, disrespectful and unqualified @sshol€, Kitchen teams work so hard there, they are run to the ground, moved around to help friends of the Ops manager, ahead of the restaurant needs. Get ready to work open close every day.
Can be very stressful at times, staff are lovely and can train you well on the job. They are always there if you have a question. One negative I would say though is you could have a really good shift giving amazing service and keeping customers happy however sales or targets won’t show that so you won’t get credited for it!
Bom trabalho, facil e a equipa é boa e cooperativa.
Very good food end perfec Combination.wich rezults in the fact thad it makes You want to come back With pleasure in an italian restaurant in conclusion end i miss Working and tasting your food.
Zero organization manager is a former waitress no qualified people to manage generally not a nice place to work.. Do not go to work there because you will only have bad memories
first time im working at prezzo was verry good everithing!!
nice food! all the staff was nice, the boss verry good and help alot!

great kitchen team!!
Management roles are pretty much key holder waiter roles you just have a glorified title. No chance to progress as the company isn’t doing well. Feel the minority if you are not working Polish.
Pros
Salary is ok as are benefits
Cons
Failing company, degrading, stressful
terrible place horrible people branch where i was working was very quite we were completely ignore from the head office and from the aera manager .
i was asking for more staff and they never did .they want a general manager be a chef cleaner waiter kitchen porter with a very low salary and considerartion
The job was very fun as I got to learn new things and could pick up on them quickly as I was taught well.
The hardest part was remembering table numbers that were linked to the tables and menus.