Pret A Manger Employee Review

View all Pret A Manger reviews

Best between food shop chains
Barista (Former Employee) –  London22 February 2018
Free clean and neat uniforms, food and drinks, for you everyday.
Flexibility to settle down your time, shift and location at the interview.
Payrate is better than any other food/coffee shop chain, possibility to get promotions quickly if you work hard, also the pay is weekly, which is good if you need to catch up with your expenses.
The job can be in some shops busy over any expectations, so be ready to roll up your sleeves and work really hard in some times of the day.

Most of the staff is just arrived to London, so be ready to share their emotions and find a lot of interesting people.
They try for good means to keep all together happy, so you got parties, team drinks and stuff.
It is a customer service with a fun-based culture, so whichever is your mental state, you have to be happy and smile.
Quite unhappy about the mystery shopper whole thing, you lose your bonus most of the time and it's not your fault, even if you did a perfect service and that is not encouraging you to do better.

You can find the good manager that is adult, understanding and conscious to have a nice time through your shifts and duties, but you can also suddendly be under the powerkid that is mainly rude, ignorant and frustrated, unable to control the situation, setting up your rota to damage your personal life just for fun, or shouting at you in front of the others, bringing you quickly at the point that you're forced to leave the company or ask a transfer to another shop.

I really like the idea of Pret, but there are still some problems that can ruin entirely your experience.
Pros
Free lunches, uniform, very good HR management, weekly payments
Cons
Powerkid rude lower management, overpressure on work, mystery shopper random

Other Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

It's like a restaurant. It serve fresh food and give the overleft sandwiches to the charity every night. It is a big and profitable company
Coffee Barista (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2019
There is extra working hours .
Free food on your work time.
50% discount on everything you want to buy
Mystery shopper bonus every week( we might loose if we didn't hit).
High customer services standard and very friendly atmosphere.
Team work a s lots of fun and buzz.
Twice a week we have a big party. Summer party and Christmas party. Also every last Friday of a month we going to pub for free drinks.
I learnt how to work in a busy atmosphere, how to handle problems and give the best customer service. Also to make a hot drink with in a minute and so on.
The hardest part of the job is when it's busy time everyday at breakfast 8a.m to 10a.m and 12.30p.m to 14.pm we need to serve 1 customer in 1 minute so I need to be very fast and remember all hot drinks in first call first serve bases.
Pros
Free lunches and 50% discount in everything, bonus
Cons
When we loose the bonus
pret a manger at london city airport
TMT.team member trainers (Current Employee) –  London City Airport2 January 2019
hard working.team work.nice staff.good comunication.using the till.customers service.the hardes part of work is starting very early shift at 4.00am.i like work on weekend.
Pros
free luch
Cons
10 hours shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.