Pret A Manger Employee Review

View all Pret A Manger reviews

This job can annihilate every piece of humanity inside of you.
Team Star (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, Fife5 March 2018
You start work at 4:30 in the morning when its dark and you finish at 16:30 when its dark again in the winter and you spend your whole day in the kitchen without windows where its very very cold, 4-5 degree and you are required to wear the short sleeved uniform because they are always under staffed and you might have to run on till at any point of the day. There is painfully loud music in the kitchen so that you dont talk with the others because this is slowing you down and you have a timer that beeps every so minutes and you have to race and assemble sandwiches as fast as you can which is like a game at first but it becomes very stressful with time and you are always late, always behind and if you somehow manage to finish for the time set the next day they give you more stuff to make in the same time. Its all about productivity. I spend 6 months racing all day and barely spoke 3-5 words a day on my shifts if I'm not on till where you are required to have the widest fake smile on earth, highly pitched voice and again be as fast as possible, its all a race. Everywhere its very noisy and very busy and you are always behind and the stress builds up so much that me and many of my colleagues had to take pills for sleep because you hear the noise in your head when you get home after work and we had this random mental break downs where you are crying on your lunch break without any real reason, its just tears coming out of your eyes and you cant stop. The giant corporation is making wealth from squeezing every drop of "productivity" from the employees and when people break and quit  more... there are always more desperate poor students or immigrants willing to take their position. People work there no more than 3-6 months but there are people that are ok with being on autopilot all day and can deal with the lack of any thoughts in their head day after day after day. There is no place for thoughts, just reflexes. You do the same stuff over and over and over as fast as possible every day and when you get home you either drink or you you act drunk because when someone asks you something you cant answer. You just stand there like a vegetable and try not to shake, humming and trying to suppress the chaotic noise in your head.  less
Pros
Free food. As many extra hours as you want.
Cons
You will loose everything that makes you human.

Other Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

It's like a restaurant. It serve fresh food and give the overleft sandwiches to the charity every night. It is a big and profitable company
Coffee Barista (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2019
There is extra working hours .
Free food on your work time.
50% discount on everything you want to buy
Mystery shopper bonus every week( we might loose if we didn't hit).
High customer services standard and very friendly atmosphere.
Team work a s lots of fun and buzz.
Twice a week we have a big party. Summer party and Christmas party. Also every last Friday of a month we going to pub for free drinks.
I learnt how to work in a busy atmosphere, how to handle problems and give the best customer service. Also to make a hot drink with in a minute and so on.
The hardest part of the job is when it's busy time everyday at breakfast 8a.m to 10a.m and 12.30p.m to 14.pm we need to serve 1 customer in 1 minute so I need to be very fast and remember all hot drinks in first call first serve bases.
Pros
Free lunches and 50% discount in everything, bonus
Cons
When we loose the bonus
pret a manger at london city airport
TMT.team member trainers (Current Employee) –  London City Airport2 January 2019
hard working.team work.nice staff.good comunication.using the till.customers service.the hardes part of work is starting very early shift at 4.00am.i like work on weekend.
Pros
free luch
Cons
10 hours shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.