Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Terrible place to work, one of the worst jobs ever!

26 December 2014
This job was one of the worst working experiences I've ever had. The management was horrendous, honestly I don't care about the workload(it's a job, so you are expected to work hard) but there were times were I felt like I was a slave, the manager would scream at me like I was a dog to make the items faster.

One of the things that I absolutely hated about working at pret, was the fact that management wanted you to act like you were were having fun and smile at all times. Obviously you want to treat the costumers great by smiling but they don't know what happens in the back and how much stress you have to go through to get all the stuff done in TIME.

There's also no job security because you could get fired for the tiniest thing. No sick days, no flexibility whatsoever, you need to dedicate yourself to pret 110%. The manager was always putting me down making me feel like I wasn't giving my best and threatened to fire me if i didn't make X amount of item per hour.

Finally, to whoever is reading this and is considering to work or apply to this company, PLEASE don't do it
Pros
Great co-workers, lunch discount, incentives to keep working hard
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management, extreme rules and regulations, lots of stress, underpaid and much more too many negatives
17 June 2020
Quit hiring friends and then only give them the hours so many other people need to make ends meet right now.
Leaders will work you endlessly and make you feel bad if you called out.

They won't help but expect you to help them and tell you all of the things you done wrong but they won't compliment you if you do something right.

People always called out, they never had anyone to cover shifts, terrible overall attitude.

Avoid.
Cons
Management, pay, long hours, cramped staff area
15 June 2020
At first you're told that the company values you, this is definitely not the case. Pret is not trying to build a better community, they only value numbers. You will never feel supported or appreciated, you can easily be replaced by someone for less pay.
Pros
Location, customers are nice which makes a difference, some colleagues who become friends
Cons
GMs do not care, lack of training, double-standards
14 June 2020
Same role
They have no regard for their employees, I worked there 5 years and only one manager spoke to me. High-stress levels from everyone (top down). No respect and treat people like machines.
Pros
Staff discounts, free meal
Cons
Long shifts, short breaks, robotic.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.