Pret A Manger Employee Review

View all Pret A Manger reviews

Terrible place to work, one of the worst jobs ever!
Team member (Former Employee) –  New York26 December 2014
This job was one of the worst working experiences I've ever had. The management was horrendous, honestly I don't care about the workload(it's a job, so you are expected to work hard) but there were times were I felt like I was a slave, the manager would scream at me like I was a dog to make the items faster.

One of the things that I absolutely hated about working at pret, was the fact that management wanted you to act like you were were having fun and smile at all times. Obviously you want to treat the costumers great by smiling but they don't know what happens in the back and how much stress you have to go through to get all the stuff done in TIME.

There's also no job security because you could get fired for the tiniest thing. No sick days, no flexibility whatsoever, you need to dedicate yourself to pret 110%. The manager was always putting me down making me feel like I wasn't giving my best and threatened to fire me if i didn't make X amount of item per hour.
Finally, to whoever is reading this and is considering to work or apply to this company, PLEASE don't do it
Pros
Great co-workers, lunch discount, incentives to keep working hard
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management, extreme rules and regulations, lots of stress, underpaid and much more too many negatives

Other Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Does not recommend at all !!!
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Finsbury square20 August 2019
I have been working 3 years in Pret A Manger, London. At first they promised to me I will be a barista and I did start the training but after my manager cancelled because friend of her came to the shop to work. So this job is absolutely waste of time. I have been working full time for 2 years and the shifts and the stress pushed me to moved part time. Part or full time doesn’t matter management front of house or kitchen will always find a complaint about your job and duties. Stress is absolutely not worth the money they pay. In my shop only for a month 6 people gave resignation. It is a shame for Pret to have such a management. Nobody care for you in Pret A Manger. Selfishness, bullying, harassment and lies- this is Pret A Manger. I have changed shops to see if elsewhere will be better, but unfortunately no! Same treatment same behaviour. People are moody and disrespectfully. I am glad I left !
Don't go in pret
Barista/Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2019
Worst ever work experience in London.
If you love your self don'twork for them
They dont care about noone
And everyone want to escape, even the manager, so pls dont go

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.