Pret A Manger Employee Review

View all Pret A Manger reviews

Thank you, NEXT!
Hot Chef (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 May 2019
On any given day, I was asked to work harder and faster. Management does NOT communicate with each other, let alone the team members. In my shop, the managers go outside to smoke cigarettes multiple times a day and often take their favorite team members with them. It seems as if they target certain people until that person pushed themselves to the brink of exhaustion or until someone else comes along to dislike. Gossiping and backstabbing is a major focus. Every month there seems to be a new focus. Training for me and others mostly happens at home when we are not getting paid. There is no appreciation for those who actually are acting as team members because one tiny mistake and you’re on the chopping block... or for no mistakes, but management doesn’t like you. The most common phrase I have heard from management is: “I don’t have time.” Somehow, the team members are expected to make time for everything. Also, the nationality of the manager is usually the nationality that will be hired/promoted the most. Also, if you’re management your can talk in your native tongue, but all other languages spoken by other staff members is somehow unacceptable. I started taking antidepressants and having to see a therapist because of this job. The stress and mental anguish is definitely not worth it.
Pros
Free lunch, a free water bottle and getting paid
Cons
Unorganized management, rude behavior, being made to feel like I don’t matter, daily new rules and expectations

Other Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Nice atmosphere and food
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London20 October 2019
I like the atmosphere and delicious and fresh food . They offer a good range of choices for all dietary requirements. I used to be them costumer before working for them. I liked the costumers service and when I had the opportunities I started to work in the team. From simple team member in few months grow a shop floor lider. So many good things to learn. It is stressful like all jobs in food industries and customer service but still have the team work and fun.
Pros
Delicious food
Cons
No to many weekends off
fun and sociable workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Luton17 October 2019
working at pret was good as the pay is great and the job is very easy to pick up. my colleagues were always great and i always felt welcome here. bonuses are amazing, lots of holiday time and they are understanding of illness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.