Pret A Manger Employee Review
Thank you, NEXT!
On any given day, I was asked to work harder and faster. Management does NOT communicate with each other, let alone the team members. In my shop, the managers go outside to smoke cigarettes multiple times a day and often take their favorite team members with them. It seems as if they target certain people until that person pushed themselves to the brink of exhaustion or until someone else comes along to dislike. Gossiping and backstabbing is a major focus. Every month there seems to be a new focus. Training for me and others mostly happens at home when we are not getting paid. There is no appreciation for those who actually are acting as team members because one tiny mistake and you’re on the chopping block... or for no mistakes, but management doesn’t like you. The most common phrase I have heard from management is: “I don’t have time.” Somehow, the team members are expected to make time for everything. Also, the nationality of the manager is usually the nationality that will be hired/promoted the most. Also, if you’re management your can talk in your native tongue, but all other languages spoken by other staff members is somehow unacceptable. I started taking antidepressants and having to see a therapist because of this job. The stress and mental anguish is definitely not worth it.
Ratings by category
Free lunch, a free water bottle and getting paid
Unorganized management, rude behavior, being made to feel like I don’t matter, daily new rules and expectations
Horrible and disgusting General manager, used his power to intimidate and scare team members, if you had an issue or problem in the job you didn't enjoy he would just tell you to leave and quit. He had favourites and spoke about employees he didn't like and was very vocal expressing that he wanted to get rid of certain team members and get a new team. Shortly after he joined the team alot of people left. Worst GM ever! Disappointed with how HR dealt with the many grievances the team made against the manager, am honestly shocked he is still GM in that Pret.
Management, lack of HR support, no integrity, politics
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 1,069 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Pret A Manger
- What is the interview process like at Pret A Manger?9 people answered
- What is the Pret A Manger employee discount?8 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Pret A Manger?8 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Pret A Manger?7 people answered
- If you start an apprenticeship at pret, do you have work weekends ?6 people answered
- Does the management team, allow you time off to study for your exams?6 people answered
- If you need to get some time off due to medical purposes, would you allow them to take them off with…5 people answered
- How are the working hours? i.e. if your contract is for X hours, how often do you have to work more …5 people answered
- How long does the training take4 people answered
- Do Pret perform any pre-employment background check? Do they require references for entry level job?…4 people answered
See all questions and answers
Pret A Manger Reviews by Job Title
Pret A Manger Reviews by Location