Pret A Manger Employee Review

View all Pret A Manger reviews

Better off somewhere else
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NY1 October 2017
I was initially hired full time (30 hours a week) and full time employees get benefits. They give me just under 30 hours so that I will not be able to receive benefits despite me asking multiple times to pick up other shifts. Managers are rude. the GM of my store forgot to change my schedule my first week of working there when I gave them a 3 days notice that I couldn't come in one day. Manager forgot to take it off my schedule so I got reprimanded for calling out months later, stating that I need to give them a weeks notice, yet at that point I hadn't even been working there a week and I did give them prior notice. GM has also laughed at me for trying to do my job and the store manager yells at me if I try to help out the hot chef by putting out croissants. The only good thing about working there is the free lunch and one time my team leader charged me for lunch after I had just worked a 6 hour shift. I've spoken to 2 other coworkers who told me they started looking for another job a week into working there. Maybe other locations are better but I do not recommend this pret.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else

Other Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

fun and sociable workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Luton17 October 2019
working at pret was good as the pay is great and the job is very easy to pick up. my colleagues were always great and i always felt welcome here. bonuses are amazing, lots of holiday time and they are understanding of illness.
To much stress
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elephant & Castle, Greater London17 October 2019
This place you fell like a robot.
You started 5 in the morning and sometimes I finished 5 pm.
The manager stress all time and there is a productivity who is not real time.
There is more better job for star.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.