Pret A Manger Employee Review

View all Pret A Manger reviews

Terrible
Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee) –  Luton Airport13 June 2018
Worked in the kitchen for 2 weeks then walked.

Reasons for this:
- Start time is 4 am, which meant getting up at 2:30 am due to transportation.

- Overbearing management which constantly harases you over their 6 key points of production, duties that could wait until your finished preparing food, your speed needing to be better.( Hint speed comes with practice not right away)

- Kitchen is way too small for the amount of workers and everyone is always running around looking for ingredients that someone else has, if call out for it no one answers and after you open a new container you will be in for it with a team leader.

- Vast majority of co-workers are not English and always talk around you in their own language ( the idiots don't realize that you can read their body language and so can tell when their talking about you)

- If you leave a knife (serrated with no pointed tip so no risk of impalement) on your work bench to do anything such, pick something you dropped, move something on your bench or hand something to someone and team leader see's then your in trouble.

- Being lectured on how the label is a clock and so needs to be straight every time it's even slightly crooked. No you morons the label is colour coded for the time of day it was used at, the label is in fact just a static image that never changes.

- I felt like I was treated like I am an idiot by the team leaders. If I made a mistake when making a sandwich I would have to be retaught everything about it even though everything else I had done up to that point was correct.

Don't work here if
  more... you value your sanity.  less
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pretty much everything

Other Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

It's like a restaurant. It serve fresh food and give the overleft sandwiches to the charity every night. It is a big and profitable company
Coffee Barista (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2019
There is extra working hours .
Free food on your work time.
50% discount on everything you want to buy
Mystery shopper bonus every week( we might loose if we didn't hit).
High customer services standard and very friendly atmosphere.
Team work a s lots of fun and buzz.
Twice a week we have a big party. Summer party and Christmas party. Also every last Friday of a month we going to pub for free drinks.
I learnt how to work in a busy atmosphere, how to handle problems and give the best customer service. Also to make a hot drink with in a minute and so on.
The hardest part of the job is when it's busy time everyday at breakfast 8a.m to 10a.m and 12.30p.m to 14.pm we need to serve 1 customer in 1 minute so I need to be very fast and remember all hot drinks in first call first serve bases.
Pros
Free lunches and 50% discount in everything, bonus
Cons
When we loose the bonus
pret a manger at london city airport
TMT.team member trainers (Current Employee) –  London City Airport2 January 2019
hard working.team work.nice staff.good comunication.using the till.customers service.the hardes part of work is starting very early shift at 4.00am.i like work on weekend.
Pros
free luch
Cons
10 hours shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.