Pret A Manger Employee Review

View all Pret A Manger reviews

Good for gaining work experience.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo Road1 March 2018
I work part time, mostly in the closing shifts at Pret, and this shop has taught me well on how to manage many tasks at once, use teamwork to my advantage and how to try and keep cool under pressure. It has taught me how I can try turning negative events into positive ones specifically in terms of customer service and it has taught me how to better prioritise my workload.
Many of the staff, including my boss, are lovely people and most of the customers that visit are happy and friendly people too which is always a bonus.

However, there are times that a few of my colleges have gotten angry with me about not being attentive enough, even when I've done well to hold up my parts of workloads and they themselves have made those self-same mistakes in front of me.
If I make even one mistake or stop being aware of 5 things at once whilst also doing something else, I'll be lectured on what I'm doing wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with constructive criticism and will take any advice on-board, but being constantly told by colleges that I'm "still slow" or I "don't pay enough attention", even when I've visibly made improvements that even my boss has noticed, is rather draining and does end up making me dread going into work.
Pros
free lunches, weekly pay.
Cons
colleges breathing down your neck, very little positive feedback.

Other Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

It's like a restaurant. It serve fresh food and give the overleft sandwiches to the charity every night. It is a big and profitable company
Coffee Barista (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2019
There is extra working hours .
Free food on your work time.
50% discount on everything you want to buy
Mystery shopper bonus every week( we might loose if we didn't hit).
High customer services standard and very friendly atmosphere.
Team work a s lots of fun and buzz.
Twice a week we have a big party. Summer party and Christmas party. Also every last Friday of a month we going to pub for free drinks.
I learnt how to work in a busy atmosphere, how to handle problems and give the best customer service. Also to make a hot drink with in a minute and so on.
The hardest part of the job is when it's busy time everyday at breakfast 8a.m to 10a.m and 12.30p.m to 14.pm we need to serve 1 customer in 1 minute so I need to be very fast and remember all hot drinks in first call first serve bases.
Pros
Free lunches and 50% discount in everything, bonus
Cons
When we loose the bonus
pret a manger at london city airport
TMT.team member trainers (Current Employee) –  London City Airport2 January 2019
hard working.team work.nice staff.good comunication.using the till.customers service.the hardes part of work is starting very early shift at 4.00am.i like work on weekend.
Pros
free luch
Cons
10 hours shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.