Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

A true roller coaster ride

28 July 2017
I couldn't maintain an equilibrium with a manager and employees always calling out so I decided to call it quits after just two months. I worked on both ends in the shop and kitchen although the shop is much easier I wanted to challenge myself. I learned you had to kiss butt to move up and how a team Member in Penn station became a GM in just two years. I couldn't be apart of that. •Working in the kitchen gives you more hours. •Too much task for just $12 an hour. •Derogatory management in my experience. •Enjoyed taking the food home at the end of the night. •No guarantee of hours ,was told to stay home numerous times. A true temporary/summer job. The best part was working with so many different people around the world.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Job diverity, free food.
Cons
Underpaid, too much task, no job stability, dealing with rude customers.
15 November 2020
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) - London North, Greater London
I worked for Pret a year and they treat there staff like badly, they have a bad reputation for underpaying, and for treating sick staff badly. No care for team members needs and well being from management. OPs managers are arrogant and never present. The only focus is money.
Pros
No pros for me
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
13 November 2020
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) - London West, Greater London
You don't get paid enough.Bad morale.Terrible culture with no growth potential. Bad management.Lie straight to your face.High standards hard to achieve.
9 November 2020
Team Member (Former Employee) - London West, Greater London
They want you to have full open availability but work part time hours stretched over ridiculous schedules - For example, it's not at all unuusual to be scheduled 9 days in a row and still not make full time hours. Covid is used a s excuse.