Pret A Manger
Coronavirus update

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for Team Member

Team Member210 reviews
United Kingdom210 reviews
It was actually a great opportunity to learn more about the type of daily food in London. Being in contact with different cultures allowed me to make my cultural baggage diverse
Huge workload and always expected to do the job of a team leader for minimum wage! Treat your staff better and you will keep your best employees. Also stop telling everyone how great the company is to work for and actually make it what you say it is!!!
Pros
Nothing, just stress!
Cons
Stress, lies, health problems
Lack of accountability, low rates of pay, poor support, run down shops, tend to employ managers from outside company, rather than promote from within.
Get some management that know what they're doing, who treat employees properly. Money is an issue you can't promise staff they're going to get paid for things and not pay them. Stop being so hard on employees and hire managers with some compassion and care for their staff and customers.
Cons
Don't work there, money is nothing, sometimes no break, sometimes no day off.
Lovely place where you can find friends for life, you can improve your skills and you can learn everyday something new, for example how you can deal with customers, how you can work under the pressure, but, at the end of your shift you can always feel that you are working in such a big and beautiful family like Pret.
Untrained kitchen.
Terrible management!

No organisation, shifts given with a days notice!

Unreasonable expectations for hours to be worked.

No support but tons of tasks.
Pros
I dont have any comments on this because I cannot think of any
Cons
You will enter this company sane and leave brain washed
No communication. The inconsistencies, the constant changes, the lack of communication drives everyone insane. The entire kitchen staff don't speak hardly english so communicating with them is extremely stressful! The tm on till is also the barista so you are having to make drinks in addition to serving customer.
Pros
Learned to stay calm in extremely stressful shops
Cons
Poor management. Poor staff attitude.
rotas are riddled with problems, last minute changes to rotas, no communication, messy environment, holidays not given, requests ignored, poor health and safety standards, no leadership
Pros
meeting people, customers, coffee, location
Cons
management clueless, lazy and petty, pay, long hours, staff area, expired foods, dirty
Horrible management. Lack training had to self teach
Pay and treat employees that theyre worth more than most expensive salad

Pret don't care about you, they didn't like giving bathroom breaks

Don't ever work there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pret A Manger?
- When the sales were not good the tm with the lowest productivity was send home
- You can work hard and they don't care how tired you are or how long they work you

- Terrible management, left everyone with anxiety
Cons
Long hours - no overtime payment - no health
It’s a place with a happy environment to work but sometimes stressful.
Also, you can grow into the company if you want it. I had a good time in my shifts.
Pros
People
Cons
Physical job
little consideration for team members needs and well being from the management

extremely long hours with no certainty of when you finish, managers are manipulative in their rota hours and not very understanding with life out side of pret

you never finish at the time it says on the rota
Pros
as much hot drinks you like
Cons
poor rotas pay is really bad
They want people to have full open availability but work part time hours stretched over ridiculous rotas - like, it's not at all unusual to be scheduled 12 days in a row and still not make full time hours. Since the covid crisis, it's pure slavery.
Pros
slavery with no consequence for company
Cons
slavery
Working at Pret A Manger teaches you a lot of things. For me it boosted my confidence and social skills, I also learned many new things. It’s something I’m glad I experienced.
It's horrible unless you want to work yourself to death!! They over work you and hours always changing and cut !!!! Weekends is worst when no help from leader working 8 dyas without break!!
Pros
nothing only leaving
Cons
bad pay, stress
All is good. Culture is good. Staff employees and managers are very supportive to the new employees.
Proper training sessions with the videos and practical training as well.

Timely feedback on performance and chance to improve your skills.
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
May be job cuts due to Corona
Pret A Manger is the best place if you want to start your career in the hospitality sector . Develop my skills
Very good training - they have their own academy

Nvq s

Management skills ( kpi s , training new people , standards , rotas vs targets , shop control, financial paper work, stok takes )r.
Tms are treated bad, we dint have enough staffs run the shop, you should wrok on production setting not cut people, we still need people to clean and make customer happy.
Cons
Not organised, lack of communications, culture, not honesty.
Quit hiring friends and then only give them the hours so many other people need to make ends meet right now.
Leaders will work you endlessly and make you feel bad if you called out.

They won't help but expect you to help them and tell you all of the things you done wrong but they won't compliment you if you do something right.

People always called out, they never had anyone to cover shifts, terrible overall attitude.

Avoid.
Cons
Management, pay, long hours, cramped staff area
At first you're told that the company values you, this is definitely not the case. Pret is not trying to build a better community, they only value numbers. You will never feel supported or appreciated, you can easily be replaced by someone for less pay.
Pros
Location, customers are nice which makes a difference, some colleagues who become friends
Cons
GMs do not care, lack of training, double-standards
They have no regard for their employees, I worked there 5 years and only one manager spoke to me. High-stress levels from everyone (top down). No respect and treat people like machines.
Pros
Staff discounts, free meal
Cons
Long shifts, short breaks, robotic.