Pret A Manger
Coronavirus update

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for Chef

Chef27 reviews
United Kingdom27 reviews
Good flexibility, fast paced. Adaptable. Always learning new things, good people, good food. Great work parties. Made lots of friends. Manager was fantastic
Good team nice to work with them.
They treat you as a family member. Manager is the best ever I did work during my 6 and half year period. Good and reliable work.

Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overtime available
Buen ambiente de trabajo y buena empresa perdí el empleo por el Covid 19
i learnt a lot about food, barista, customers. You need to 100% follow the rules to be safe. I like the job because of the environment and friendly peoples.
LLEGUE a Londres en el 2012 y durante dos años trabaje para ellos.

Realmente la entrevista fue sencilla ,y el ambiente de trabajo fue bueno, te dan la oportunidad de ascender pero trabajas con mucha presión, al final me daba la impresión de ser un poco secta ,es decir para ascender tenías que vivir por y para pret .

La comida gratis para empezar en una ciudad como Londres es un top
Pros
Posibilidad de ascenso
Cons
Rollo secta
I worked in Pret for several years. The salary is competitive for a job you do but it can be stressful. I met few good managers and few very bad who can't speak english so I don't know how they got their job
Pros
Good hourly rate, staff food, nice people to work with, dyscount 50%, good company organisation, a lot of opportunities, flexible working hours
Cons
Some managers don't speak english, some managers are very rude and demanding, can be stressful, very busy, ridiculous timing (serving customer in 60 seconds) or making coffee in 60 seconds, manager can give you a lot of stress
L'ambiente lavorativo presso Pret&Mager, e sempre stato armonico, stimolante e attivo.
They will brainwash you and make you believe you're as important as a surgeon while making sandwiches. Your're playing with lives my manager used to say regarding to manage sesame in the kitchen.
There are good benefits for people, staff is friendly and willing to help. Work environment is a bit stressful because of growing sales and understaffed.
On any given day, I was asked to work harder and faster. Management does NOT communicate with each other, let alone the team members. In my shop, the managers go outside to smoke cigarettes multiple times a day and often take their favorite team members with them. It seems as if they target certain people until that person pushed themselves to the brink of exhaustion or until someone else comes along to dislike. Gossiping and backstabbing is a major focus. Every month there seems to be a new focus. Training for me and others mostly happens at home when we are not getting paid. There is no appreciation for those who actually are acting as team members because one tiny mistake and you’re on the chopping block... or for no mistakes, but management doesn’t like you. The most common phrase I have heard from management is: “I don’t have time.” Somehow, the team members are expected to make time for everything. Also, the nationality of the manager is usually the nationality that will be hired/promoted the most. Also, if you’re management your can talk in your native tongue, but all other languages spoken by other staff members is somehow unacceptable. I started taking antidepressants and having to see a therapist because of this job. The stress and mental anguish is definitely not worth it.
Pros
Free lunch, a free water bottle and getting paid
Cons
Unorganized management, rude behavior, being made to feel like I don’t matter, daily new rules and expectations
Good colleagues
The manager is not nice sometimes.

Good pay if compare with other cafes. However, the workload is too much if compared to the pay and stress.

Stressful working in time-pressure roles, such as barista or hot chef.
Pros
Free food, nice working environment
Cons
Long hours, very exhausting
Very good company you meet a lot of people from all over the world. Each day is special as you never know what to expect you might meet someone famous.
Cons
My job was easy and fun. The atmosphere in every Pret is light and everyone should have fun while working. The fast pace and the customers make your days fly by.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Early shifts
I think They just need to take more care about the people. There´s a nice place for people who are just starting the life in England, but after a while, if u don´t have interest to grow in that company, it´s better to leave.
Great place to work in literally every aspect, despite the early shifts but overall one of the best company I have ever worked for. Great training focused especially on customer service.
Pret it is a good place to work, the most enjoyable part is the work environment, you will work with a young and motivated team and it is easy to get promoted.
es una tienda centrica de londres la que tiene un gran numero de clientesy es agradable de trabajar
There are lots of things that contribute myself to enjoying my job. For example ,everybody can get promoted, we got outstanding card,great products, nice , funny people, and the party every month.
Pros
free food
Cons
very early mornings
A typical day at work involves a fun environment and strong team work ethic that give you the opportunity to give your best effort for your colleagues and the good operation of the business.

I'm working in the kitchen where we work most of the times under pressure, I had the chance to learn to deal with these pressures and keep calm with unexpected and stressful situations.

This company has a very structured and functional operational system that works well and helps to achieve the proposed goals.

The hardest part of the job is to stay motivated because I would rather be working in the education sector as this is my passion.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team, being part of a team makes you give your best for your colleagues and knowing that they support you is a great feeling.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Nocturnality hours
Pret a Manger is a nice place to work, there are a lot of young people from diferent countries, you can make a lot of friends and learn english, the job is very hard if you work in the kitchen cos you have to be very quick for make all sandwiches and stuff... the begining is very hard but in 2 weeks you will be fine, if you are hard worker and strong person you dont gonna have anyproblem for work there,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long shifts
Fun workplace. The only problem is when you have to work by the till and you stand whole day there saying the same stuff for lots of costumers you see at the day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Robot