Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews for Barista

Barista83 reviews
United Kingdom83 reviews
I felt really good with my colleagues, and the group is amazing. Pret as a company offers you a chance to improve and learn as far as you want to go. I really liked that.
Comfortable and friendly environment all around,
The management is great they actually put a lot of hard work in on the floor with customers, cleaning etc. Being a place that a lot of companies call in to order food and drinks from there is a lot of large orders so keeping the pace and prioritising is a must especially if you have a lot if sit in customers at the same time.
Pros
Good pay and weekly pay and nice environment to work in
Everyone at Pret has an opportunity to develop their skill further and progress up the career ladder.
Teaches how to deal with stress well and how to handle customer complains.
Pros
Free lunch, great pay, 50% when not at work
Cons
stressful
Bel posto, ma veramente busy come ambiente. Bisogna essere dinamici e flessibili per qualsiasi mansione
Sexist, abusive and incompetent management! No support from management! Stressful environment!

Refuse to pay people for the hours worked means they actually pay well below minimum wage! Run by complete control freaks!
I really enjoyed my time at pret a manger , pay was quite high compare to the competitor and always in time, free healthy food and paid breaks, management always supportive
Fair management and nice people. Once you get hired you won't get laid off easily. Fair bonus scheme and some good benefits you will like. Career options also available.
Pros
Easy to be hired, good team, good management
Cons
Stressful sometimes
Pret, is genuinely a lovely company to work for, to work here you need a can do attitude and a really good sense of humor. No two days are the same, and generally everyone looks after each other
It's a low skilled job with a low salary to compensate this fact.
However it is the best among all the competitors, both in terms of salary and in terms of food quality.
Terrible boss very ignorant. Not a very good place to work. It quickly becomes very apparent why there's a high turnover of staff. 6 people left in a month. Managers are two-face. Pay isn't worth it for the job you do, they expect you to bend over backwards for them. HR is a shambles and impossible to communicate with, management is terrible, pay is woeful, your work is not appreciated. No social life. Slave to the company and so on and so forth. Nightmare!
Pros
There are no Pros. Some of the people you work with are at least nice.
Cons
See above.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pret A Manger?
they give you good training, good pay for hospitality industry, nice environment, nioce uniforms, the policy about the standrad is tto rigid and there is bad balance between the hwork and the spare time.
I loved my job so much I was so happy for two and a half years then we get 3 new managers and 30 new team members to train within 1 year everything is unorganised new people are lazy and don’t listen to feedback. I would have stayed if I could change shops but was told minimum 4 weeks maximum 5 months. I couldn’t wait in the toxic environment anymore so had to go
Pros
great people, pay, food on shift, paid breaks, parties
Cons
management create bad environment
Pret seem to get rid of staff during probationary period. You get no support for your personal issues. Very unprofessional & management are very rude and act like they’re above everyone.
Very fast-paced environment, good teamwork, discounts for staff and weekly bonuses. I will recommend to anyone who enjoys challenges and working in a team.
With previous barista/ management experience I was excited to start work at Pret. I had interview and trial shift and then was offered barista job. While on the job I understood that certain management have their favourites giving them favours and allowing them to work less then others.
If you had any problem with work or coworker, managers encouraged you not to speak out, but if you complained they do nothing. They like to sweep thing under the carpet. If you complain to head office, they will promise you support, but really do nothing about it.

Pay, they pay above minimum wage but not allowing you to accept tips. They promise you bonus which is good in quieter shops, but If you work in busy place like station, you always loose the bonus as it’s too busy to keep shop clean and immaculate at all times. So you better of working In quieter Pret, because you work less and get paid more.

The job itself very busy and energy consuming. You make coffee non stop, and their coffee calling system is more stressful than effective. They ask you to remember 10 drinks at the time. After few months of bashing out the drinks non stop I have developed triggered finger. It took five months for my finger to heal after leaving this job, but in some cases it requires a surgery to get triggered finger back to normal according to NHS. They ask baristas to be very outgoing and entertaining, to create the buzz. So if you have a quieter more introverted personality you might struggle, as you are required to put on a show all day every day, they call it Pret behaviour.

Strange thing was that Pret
 - more...
It is a good place to work. The team and the managers are absolutely amazing. I enjoy to work with them, I have fun even if sometimes it’s stressful.
Quality of drinks is poor
Management tell you off for trying to make you drinks of the standard customers expect

Good If you dont care about what yo making
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unsocaiable hours
The amount of times I’ve had to throw myself in front of my team and some random drunk person. There’s not much security. People always stealing. Sometimes things are made harder than they should be as
Pret is a waste of time! We work like slaves, don't get paid living wage, bonus system is broken when mystery shopper has a bad day we pay for it. Managers sit in office bossing us around like animal!
Very poorly run company.
I’m very happy to be barista at Pret A Manger, my colleagues they help me a lot specially for the language and now I’m more confident and I think that now I feel good when I need to help the customer or the other people
Worst ever work experience in London.
If you love your self don'twork for them

They dont care about noone

And everyone want to escape, even the manager, so pls dont go