Pret A Manger
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews in Manhattan, NY

Manhattan, NY37 reviews
So as I come in the morning I turn on all the Equipment , I unpackage the fruit, brew the coffees , break down the boxes, take customers, make sure everything’s running
Great customer service willing to go extra mile for customer satisfaction and they donate their food at end of day instead of reselling products. Food always fresh
They company completely forbade you off your first amendments rights to free speech, continues need to fake a smile and creating distrust between employees. The casual need to lie about hiring the best people and over working people, while yet constantly asking for more. The constant support of racial favoritism specially downtown area. The employees are busy bodies and constant degrading, objectifying and Mal-intended means to cause other problems. As for the management, they are highly focus on the desire to ignore people's request and fore-go only the companies need (Slave mentality much).
Prejudice, bias, no respect for confidentiality, stealing of vacation time and worst of all management themselves break their own policies. Did i mention, social media of employee is also monitored (German Stasi police anyone)
It was okay could of been better. They will let you know how replaceable you are.. if you work there be careful. The customers are nice but the managers and general managers aren’t that helpful.
Nobody want to work as a team. And it is alot of favoritism here. I asked my manager a whole year to prompt me and never did. This the worst job ever
I looking for new opportunities and gan more experience. At this moment I lost being a manager and I love my employee. But I need to work somewhere closer. And with more pay.
To be honest there’s nothing wrong with this company in my eyes , everything about the company from the staff to the guests is an amazing experience. Only thing I’d say is you’d get a better experience earlier in the day rather towards the evening which is kind of disappointing.
It’s a culture place to work at a lot of young people good place to work if u in school and still leave at home. Have great benefit. Give you a changes to move up position real fast.
Prey a manger was a fun place to work at. It taught me how to make special salads and bake different pastries. It also showed me how to participate in work activities with other employees.
Working at Pret was a good new experience for me, I got to learn more then what I thought I would. My coworkers all had a good relationship which really helps in a work environment.
One of the enjoyable part of this job is meeting new exciting people. I also enjoy making people’s day on a daily basis. The hardest part is management. A typical day consist of being energetic and bringing good, happy vibes to share with crew and customers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, not a competitive pay
It was a great company.has its pros and cons. Its a place you can learn and grow. I reccommend this to people who are team players and has great customer service skills.
Every position at Pret gets paid a different amount hot chefs get paid more than team members yet as a team member I was made to hot chef, be a team member trainer, and an A team member, and was only being paid minimum wage whereas those key roles get paid more money. I was harassed by a male and female coworkers who were dating and threatened me when I went to HR I was suspended and terminated. Wasn’t treated fairly at all.
great benefits but recently company changed dramatically, it used to be people orientated company and valued your opinion, now its just profit profit and profit. no more investment in proper training
Pros
benefit package
Cons
no life when you work for Pret
this job was all about time the managers wanted everything done before a certain time and for some people it would be difficult overall it was pretty cool.
This job was easy and not stressful. Everyone was a team and worked as one. We would have breaks and lunch. We were able to get lunch and breakfast for free at the time I was working there. It was so cool working for this company.
Customer service food savety quality cleaning gollow the how to card follow instructions get the stuff on time good healthy food everytthing is made day to day day
I wish I can go back to my old job. I learn a lot from this job and I hate that I life it. I was moving up at this job in only 8m and I know if I was there I would be something hire. Thank you for the opportunity. P. S can I have my job back. 💙💙🙏🙏
management is disrespectful, they fire people when they are having rough times in life even if they talk to a manager about it , i was penalized for calling out for a funeral. people who were stealing still work there but call out & youre fired.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, breaks start at 10 AM !
The coworkers are very demanding and rude. The managers don't fix issues with coworkers properly which causes a hostile work environment. Labor is not spread evenly between team members, trainers, and leaders.
Great place to work if you want to move up to higher ranks at a fast pace, and if you can deal with the tasks at hand that require a tremendous amount of attention. In addition to this, kitchens are always busy, and the most stressful. Flexible hours depending on your manager.
Pros
Free lunches, healthcare, 401k
Cons
Fast paced, high maintenance