Pret A Manger
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews in Victoria

Victoria8 reviews
Good flexibility, fast paced. Adaptable. Always learning new things, good people, good food. Great work parties. Made lots of friends. Manager was fantastic
I came across some homophobic bullies within the customer services team. The company doesn't support their employees and think that it is okay for their employees to belittle, bully and intimidate team members as well as ostracise them from the entire team.

Upon trying to put in a grievance after months of being bullied and having documented it all, they disregarded this and implemented a 'mediation meeting' where we were unable to discuss what had even been said and done to me. The day of when the meeting was meant to be happening I was informed it wouldn't be happening because the other party who I put the grievance in about didn't want to do it and no further action was taken.

Following that the team continued to bully me until I had no other choice but to leave for my own mentality and sanity after I was threatened by my line manager that I was having a formal meeting the following day which 'could result in a dismissal' purely because I wasn't 'fitting in' with the team and I was still in my 6 months probation. I had no other choice but to quit and after they had tore me apart about every aspect of me as a human being.

Oh and they think that the death of the young girl and a mother of 5 who passed away in her bathtub, due to their incorrectly labelled coconut yoghurt which didn't state all of the ingredients in, was a laughable matter. I've never come across such a large group of narcissists in my life, they did a great job in seeking them out.

I will, however, say that the actual manager of the CS Team was lovely but everything was out of her hands and she
 - more...
This used to be a great place to work and mostly the people are great people but becoming more and more corporate.
The benefits aren’t that great you might get free lunch but good luck trying to get a pay increase or even paid fairly for your level. People don’t seem to get promoted unless you are a bully or belittle your team members. The place is toxic.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bullies, low pay, politics, sexism
Other team members were so kind and ready to help in a heartbeat! The communications were amazing and everybody got on really well. This is a place where you can develop many skills and can feel easily at home.
They will brainwash you and make you believe you're as important as a surgeon while making sandwiches. Your're playing with lives my manager used to say regarding to manage sesame in the kitchen.
Was a great company to work for, , but from last year, new owners, and new work culture, was Implemented, now it’s rubbish. It’s a shame , as I used to love this company .
Physically, emotionally and spiritually draining. I would never recommend any young person to work there. Like seriously mate, DONT DO IT! You will get sick like i did and lose valuable months of your young life no joke.
Pret A Manger is a excellent company that give a lot of opportunities for their employees, most of all care about the staff, about the shop, even costumers. So, you would improve your personality, your life, and be a better person.
Pros
Staff food
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pret A Manger?