Pret A Manger
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews in Street

Street9 reviews
If you are new in the country I think is one of the best jobs, it has a really good salary in that sector, is so easy to do and you don´t even need to know English. But I don´t recommend it for a long term job cause is so difficult to progress, and live in London is expensive. The only people that usually go up in this company are the friends of the manager so if you are not that kind of person that is trying to make friends with the boss and going with him to the Pret parties and to the pub to get drinks with him .... definitely don't expect to get in a good position.
Pros
Free food, good different benefits and a lot of parties
Cons
Stressful
excellent atmosphere to work always busy
Fresh food

Following health and safety

Always paying on time plus having so much benefit

Great management

Team working
The worst work experience ever in my life! I'veworkedfora lot of fast and busy companies and Pret was the worst. People in there are treat like donkey
Pros
No pros
The team were very supportive and friendly which was helpful as I had just started working there. The actual work I had to fulfil was stressful and fast paces but it was also relaxed at other times. I definitely learnt a lot of employable skills during my experience.
Pros
Team was very friendly, tasks were not too complicated, a lot of employable skills were learnt during my experience such as communication.
Cons
Working with customers can be challenging at times.
Pret is one of the most organized world companies I have ever worked for. I have never had any issues regarding job time shifts, holidays time, absence day requested. I can not assure you carrer advancement in a short time ( I am working in this company since 1 year and I am still in the same position as in my beginning)
As this was my first job after relocation to UK, was great to gain basic set of skills, understanding the structure of basic systems and London in general
A typical day in Pret A Manger is busy, full of good energy, good working spirit and familiar customer faces.

From working at Pret I have learned to work in a busy environment, to be more productive and to make great coffee.

The hardest part of the job is preparing food in the kitchen. The required production level is extremely high in the busy shops.

I personally enjoy working at the till more. You get to small talk with different customers in the less busy hours and you might get a personal mystery shopper bonus if you stand out in your job.
Pros
Free Lunches. Paid Vacation. Paid Maternity/Paternity leave. Mystery shopper bonuses.
Cons
Extremly busy rush hours.
Gotta be honest, i loved my time in Pret. Manager and assistant manager of the shop are just great, they really put their heart on the job and they know how to speak with people. always available to help whatever you need and great to party on.
Due to the deadline to leave the shop at end of the night and the busy periods during the day is hard to clean the shop properly, customer view looks beautiful but lift some "rocks" and gets pretty nasty.

also you better be able to speak Spanish and Italian, it's insane the amount of people you will find that can't say a word in English, perhaps something for Pret as a company to focus on.

Team mates are good, you can't trust everyone, but you can have fun with them at work specially the great polish barista i worked with.

If you would like to work for Pret please visit Albemarle Street, is by far one of the best good environment Pret you can get.
Pros
pret party, Meet people, food, free coffee, good hours, excellent manager and assistant manager
Cons
cleaning, stress, to meet MS standards you have to cheat, ops manager should spend some time with team members
To work in Pret a Manger is hard and stressful but I think if the work environment would be organised than it would be works properly like a great job.
When I stated to work in Farringdon Street Shop I was happy to enjoy to be a team member in Pret but after a lot of shouting, expostulate argues and fighting I changed my mind.

No teamwork>everybody is boss.
Pros
Free Lunches, +50p (first 3 month) /+1£ after-Mystery Shopper Bonus, Pret Party
Cons
No teamwork