Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews in North London

I worked for Pret a year and they treat there staff like badly, they have a bad reputation for underpaying, and for treating sick staff badly. No care for team members needs and well being from management. OPs managers are arrogant and never present. The only focus is money.
Pros
No pros for me
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
There are lot wrong with this company like the fact that if your new they just throw you in like without any basic training and you are expected to learn everything in a few short hours being that's its a sandwich company but this type of management create a downfall in the stores performance of fast food and clean quality food cause some people even forget to wash their hands which bad and stress is created cause the older workers feel that the new workers bring them down in performance.
Get some management that know what they're doing, who treat employees properly. Money is an issue you can't promise staff they're going to get paid for things and not pay them. Stop being so hard on employees and hire managers with some compassion and care for their staff and customers.
Cons
Don't work there, money is nothing, sometimes no break, sometimes no day off.
Ruthlessly corporate. Cutting of hours. Company is very stingy while claiming to be generous. Be prepared to do the job of 3 people for minimum pay. No overtime pay. The customer is always right, even if you are verbally abused the company won't take your side.
Nobody communicates or cooperates, and they don't pay well at all. Almost demanded me to work 60hr weeks with no overtime pay when I was a part-timer. The most toxic staff I have ever come across in my life. Upper management does not care for store management. They ignore away any issues until it’s bad and then it’s only on you.
Terrible boss very ignorant. Not a very good place to work. It quickly becomes very apparent why there's a high turnover of staff. 6 people left in a month. Managers are two-face. Pay isn't worth it for the job you do, they expect you to bend over backwards for them. HR is a shambles and impossible to communicate with, management is terrible, pay is woeful, your work is not appreciated. No social life. Slave to the company and so on and so forth. Nightmare!
Pros
There are no Pros. Some of the people you work with are at least nice.
Cons
See above.
Pays more than the minimum wage but you have to slave for it Under paid for gruelling work Awful hours Physically demanding Unrealistic targets and times Customers are either careless or lack common sense Never ever get out on time Unpaid overtime Inflexible No room to progress Patronising general manager
pret is all about pace and to recive bonus when mystery shopper is happy with all. I like my colleges but I hated management. They look down on us and treat others better when they are buddys. I dont recommend.
Pros
team friends free coffee
Cons
terrible manager and leaders, not enough pay, stress
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pret A Manger?