Pret A Manger
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,102 reviews
I would recommend to any one who doesn’t know very well English language and just what to work hard in terms of progression they are unfair to give opportunity to new people to become a manager and stuff that work for a long turn just ignore them
Huge workload and always expected to do the job of a team leader for minimum wage! Treat your staff better and you will keep your best employees. Also stop telling everyone how great the company is to work for and actually make it what you say it is!!!
Pros
Nothing, just stress!
Cons
Stress, lies, health problems
Lack of accountability, low rates of pay, poor support, run down shops, tend to employ managers from outside company, rather than promote from within.

Nach mehrjähriger Erfahrung in der Gastronomie dachte ich schon alles

erlebt zu haben. Doch dieser Job belehrte mich eines Besseren.

Schwer hier etwas positives zu sagen...

Im Team gab es einige wenige gute und fleißige Mitarbeiter, mit denen es eine Freude war zusammen zu arbeiten.

Das Team insgesamt war jedoch eine Katastrophe. Gewaltige Mängel in Arbeitsmoral und Hygiene. Arbeitslast wurde immer gerne auf die selben Kollegen abgewälzt.

Ständig Überstunden aufgrund Mitarbeitermangels.

Geräte fielen häufig wegen falscher Bedienung von desinteressierten/unfähigen Mitarbeitern aus.

Wegen falsch konstruierter Klimaanlage, stieg im Sommer die Temperatur im Shop auf 40`C.

Viele Standardbetriebsmittel wie z.B. Tassen waren nie ausreichend vorhanden. Peinlich!

Im Shop selber zu arbeiten war wegen den vielen Obdachlosen und Ladendieben am Hauptbahnhof äußerst unangenehm. Die angeheuerte Security war immer nur für einen Bruchteil der Öffnungszeiten vorhanden.

Schuld für all dies hat meiner Meinung die Geschäftsleitung, der Franchise-Nehmer Stationfood. So eine totale Inkompetenz und Desinteresse habe ich noch nie erlebt. Viele Meetings, von dem besprochenen wurde jedoch nie etwas umgesetzt.

P.S. Die anderen 5-Sterne Bewertungen hier sind fake
Good team nice to work with them.
They treat you as a family member. Manager is the best ever I did work during my 6 and half year period. Good and reliable work.

Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overtime available
Get some management that know what they're doing, who treat employees properly. Money is an issue you can't promise staff they're going to get paid for things and not pay them. Stop being so hard on employees and hire managers with some compassion and care for their staff and customers.
Cons
Don't work there, money is nothing, sometimes no break, sometimes no day off.
Lovely place where you can find friends for life, you can improve your skills and you can learn everyday something new, for example how you can deal with customers, how you can work under the pressure, but, at the end of your shift you can always feel that you are working in such a big and beautiful family like Pret.
Like in any job there were pros and cons, but let me tell you this: it’s perfect for single people, with 0 responsibilities and basically willing to be working even from their days Off if the business needed it or agree to be cut hours otherwise.
I met great people during my stay with the company as well as bullies.

Good pay but the amount of stress and anxiety given are overwhelming and alarming.

People gossip a lot behind your back and always, always pass duties from one to another, the most often to the newest staff Member which is hardly nice.

Pros
Free food and sometimes nice colleagues.
Cons
90% of the time.
If you are work hard person and with pace on daily basis then that's mean this job will be suit you perfectly. Pret always create such a good atmosphere and wonderful place to work in.
Pros
free lunch and unlimited hot drink.
Cons
9 Hours a day
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pret A Manger?
Very tough job, early shift at 4 a.m.
Nightshift mandatory .

Hard work of kitchen production with impossible deadline.

Manager stressed and with impossible expectations.

Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour and Rota
Customers were very unusually challenging. Rules of dress code was changed few times by different managers. 2 or 3 different managers suggested 3 different types of employee dress code which got me confused & they finally convinced me not to wear skirts , but initially I was suggested by a manger to wear skirts for work.
Pros
Discounted meals for employees.
Cons
Very busy place. Trash cans fill up very fast.
You are never standing still at Pret, there is always something to do. Cleanliness and hygene are paramount. The customers and team made it a great place to work, but it's hard work!
Pros
Team work
Cons
Miscommunication
I'm at uni student so decided to work par-time at pret a manger to get some extra money. The work environment its terrible lots of pressure and ridiculous standards to meet. People at my shop seem always sad and tired due to the extra shifts they had taken, as the manager always ask them to, they were literally scared of refusing these extra shifts, the manager was the rudest person I've come across in my life.

When i had to go to the toilet i literally had to beg the manager on duty to let me go and if they let me it had to be "quick".

if you want to be exploited for little money and come out of a shift stressed and angry then pret a manger its the perfect place for you.
Pros
free food
Cons
everything
Your coworkers are what truly create the enviroment for the workspace. Every Pret shop you go to, the workers are always affiliated with each other and are on the same team
I've been working for Pret almost 4 years , I learned a lot, about stock control, orders, invoices, be patient whit humans...
Everything depends which shop and which manager you work, I had 2 bad management and 2 good management, you after 3 months can change shop or area if you are not happy... That's it's a good thing there
Pros
Food, team, bonus, flexible shift
Cons
Really Busy, sometime bad management
Untrained kitchen.
Terrible management!

No organisation, shifts given with a days notice!

Unreasonable expectations for hours to be worked.

No support but tons of tasks.
Pros
I dont have any comments on this because I cannot think of any
Cons
You will enter this company sane and leave brain washed
No communication. The inconsistencies, the constant changes, the lack of communication drives everyone insane. The entire kitchen staff don't speak hardly english so communicating with them is extremely stressful! The tm on till is also the barista so you are having to make drinks in addition to serving customer.
Pros
Learned to stay calm in extremely stressful shops
Cons
Poor management. Poor staff attitude.
I loved working for Pret, sadly challenging times during Covid-19, meaning lots of redundancies. I won't score on that because I don't think it's fair. The company before this 'plandemic' had amazing benefits, could always grown within company. Of course you get good and bad days.
Pros
Career growth
Cons
New rules
Awesome place to work at. You really feel like a family. From the President to the shop team member, everyone treats you with respect and is really helpful. No negatives
Amazing company to work for i met some great colleagues who became good friends it's hard work but pays off well, can climb the ladder of you work hard and have passion.
Pros
Free food good colleague's
Cons
Long shifts
Buen ambiente de trabajo y buena empresa perdí el empleo por el Covid 19