Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Fun workplace

3 January 2016
in a typical day I will be managing my team, doing the date check, making sure that the re-stock is done, that fifo is done correctly, do the ordering, make sure everything is cleaned correctly, banking....
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough payment
2 August 2020
Same roleSame location
Team Member/Leader (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
Horrible and disgusting General manager, used his power to intimidate and scare team members, if you had an issue or problem in the job you didn't enjoy he would just tell you to leave and quit. He had favourites and spoke about employees he didn't like and was very vocal expressing that he wanted to get rid of certain team members and get a new team. Shortly after he joined the team alot of people left. Worst GM ever! Disappointed with how HR dealt with the many grievances the team made against the manager, am honestly shocked he is still GM in that Pret.
Cons
Management, lack of HR support, no integrity, politics
24 December 2019
Same roleSame location
Fron of house team leader (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
I worked in this company for three years and just waste my time and life with toxic people. Basically they have a lot of standard you should follow them, but nobody care, even managers. You need to wake up at 4 AM or if you working in closing shift you should stay till midnight. Yes you have have free food but just some items, management always in customer side, even if customers is rude or stealing food. Always customer. Even if you died there, nobody care. I can guarantee 100% of pret shop have a employees problem. I don't want to see any pret shop in my life again.
19 October 2020
Same location
Operations Manager (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
The team was inept, old fashioned and stuck in the past
Secretive, bullying attitude of senior management

Hypocrisy

Backstabbing

Inability to change or accept new ideas

Dishonest in dealing with anyone who speaks out

Different rules for different people
Pros
On upper level the money is everything
Cons
Senior management, Ceo, values, lies