Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Fun place to work

25 April 2015
Place with none stop. Always very busy but enjoyable place to work. Outstanding customer services and the highest standards in health and safety in coffee and food.
2 August 2020
Same roleSame location
Team Member/Leader (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
Horrible and disgusting General manager, used his power to intimidate and scare team members, if you had an issue or problem in the job you didn't enjoy he would just tell you to leave and quit. He had favourites and spoke about employees he didn't like and was very vocal expressing that he wanted to get rid of certain team members and get a new team. Shortly after he joined the team alot of people left. Worst GM ever! Disappointed with how HR dealt with the many grievances the team made against the manager, am honestly shocked he is still GM in that Pret.
Cons
Management, lack of HR support, no integrity, politics
24 December 2019
Same roleSame location
Fron of house team leader (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
I worked in this company for three years and just waste my time and life with toxic people. Basically they have a lot of standard you should follow them, but nobody care, even managers. You need to wake up at 4 AM or if you working in closing shift you should stay till midnight. Yes you have have free food but just some items, management always in customer side, even if customers is rude or stealing food. Always customer. Even if you died there, nobody care. I can guarantee 100% of pret shop have a employees problem. I don't want to see any pret shop in my life again.
24 October 2020
Same location
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) - London SE, Greater London
Long hours, unpaid breaks, the pay to effort ratio is terrible, only working with one other member of staff is hard when you have a busy shop on weekend, short closing time and a lot of other things to deal with, and then getting highlighted if something wasn't done properly. All the staff are overworked and underpaid, they get nothing for working hard / well. I haven't met any happy people in the company, they're either stuck there because they need money or haven't found another job yet.