Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

is very hard to work thar.
Pret A Manger Europe (Former Employee) –  London and Windsor18 April 2018
Some times is easy, but when is busy the shop is very, very HARD to work in Pret a Manger.
ace-lent customer service.
The hard of part of the job is when someone call sic and you are in a charge in shop floor and your team ask you when can I go for break an you need to say later because is busy the shop.
Pros
Cons
8 hours
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edgware Road8 April 2018
i work in the night that is very busy. i learned to be organized and ready. there is so much energy and team work. I like very much the design of the place.
Pros
Free lunches
Marta
Jenuary2017 Leader (Current Employee) –  London31 March 2018
I am self-motivated and ambitious person with a passion for details and challenges. My Personal Key Skills include a high attention and focus to detail, customer service, problem-solving skills, decision making, and confidence..
I also consider myself a quick learner able to work under pressure, always full of enthusiasm and new ideas
Fantastic team work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  125 old broad street29 March 2018
Pret A Manger is a phenomenal company to work for. Pret has given me the knowledge and the confidence to manage the business and its people effectively
Pros
Bonus scheme
Cons
Sometime unsociable hours (depending on location)
productive
Team Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 March 2018
This job is in a very busy environment as the business is located in Gatwick, guaranteed to always be busy, there is a good team which is full of joy and happiness
Pros
free food
great experience
Kitchen Team Leader in training (Former Employee) –  hanover street15 March 2018
As this was my first job after relocation to UK, was great to gain basic set of skills, understanding the structure of basic systems and London in general
Fun environment and good work experience!
Hot Chefe (Current Employee) –  London12 March 2018
Great place to work in the London area for those who search for a place to earn money wile studying!
The crew team is usually young and energetic and are willing to work long hours shifts!
This job can annihilate every piece of humanity inside of you.
Team Star (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, Fife5 March 2018
You start work at 4:30 in the morning when its dark and you finish at 16:30 when its dark again in the winter and you spend your whole day in the kitchen without windows where its very very cold, 4-5 degree and you are required to wear the short sleeved uniform because they are always under staffed and you might have to run on till at any point of the day. There is painfully loud music in the kitchen so that you dont talk with the others because this is slowing you down and you have a timer that beeps every so minutes and you have to race and assemble sandwiches as fast as you can which is like a game at first but it becomes very stressful with time and you are always late, always behind and if you somehow manage to finish for the time set the next day they give you more stuff to make in the same time. Its all about productivity. I spend 6 months racing all day and barely spoke 3-5 words a day on my shifts if I'm not on till where you are required to have the widest fake smile on earth, highly pitched voice and again be as fast as possible, its all a race. Everywhere its very noisy and very busy and you are always behind and the stress builds up so much that me and many of my colleagues had to take pills for sleep because you hear the noise in your head when you get home after work and we had this random mental break downs where you are crying on your lunch break without any real reason, its just tears coming out of your eyes and you cant stop. The giant corporation is making wealth from squeezing every drop of "productivity" from the employees and when people break and quit  more... there are always more desperate poor students or immigrants willing to take their position. People work there no more than 3-6 months but there are people that are ok with being on autopilot all day and can deal with the lack of any thoughts in their head day after day after day. There is no place for thoughts, just reflexes. You do the same stuff over and over and over as fast as possible every day and when you get home you either drink or you you act drunk because when someone asks you something you cant answer. You just stand there like a vegetable and try not to shake, humming and trying to suppress the chaotic noise in your head.  less
Pros
Free food. As many extra hours as you want.
Cons
You will loose everything that makes you human.
fun place to work in
Barista (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2018
I gained a lot of experience working here and I still learn everyday at work. Best with my job is working with people and meeting new guests everyday and getting to know them.
Good for gaining work experience.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo Road1 March 2018
I work part time, mostly in the closing shifts at Pret, and this shop has taught me well on how to manage many tasks at once, use teamwork to my advantage and how to try and keep cool under pressure. It has taught me how I can try turning negative events into positive ones specifically in terms of customer service and it has taught me how to better prioritise my workload.
Many of the staff, including my boss, are lovely people and most of the customers that visit are happy and friendly people too which is always a bonus.

However, there are times that a few of my colleges have gotten angry with me about not being attentive enough, even when I've done well to hold up my parts of workloads and they themselves have made those self-same mistakes in front of me.
If I make even one mistake or stop being aware of 5 things at once whilst also doing something else, I'll be lectured on what I'm doing wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with constructive criticism and will take any advice on-board, but being constantly told by colleges that I'm "still slow" or I "don't pay enough attention", even when I've visibly made improvements that even my boss has noticed, is rather draining and does end up making me dread going into work.
Pros
free lunches, weekly pay.
Cons
colleges breathing down your neck, very little positive feedback.
Best between food shop chains
Barista (Former Employee) –  London22 February 2018
Free clean and neat uniforms, food and drinks, for you everyday.
Flexibility to settle down your time, shift and location at the interview.
Payrate is better than any other food/coffee shop chain, possibility to get promotions quickly if you work hard, also the pay is weekly, which is good if you need to catch up with your expenses.
The job can be in some shops busy over any expectations, so be ready to roll up your sleeves and work really hard in some times of the day.

Most of the staff is just arrived to London, so be ready to share their emotions and find a lot of interesting people.
They try for good means to keep all together happy, so you got parties, team drinks and stuff.
It is a customer service with a fun-based culture, so whichever is your mental state, you have to be happy and smile.
Quite unhappy about the mystery shopper whole thing, you lose your bonus most of the time and it's not your fault, even if you did a perfect service and that is not encouraging you to do better.

You can find the good manager that is adult, understanding and conscious to have a nice time through your shifts and duties, but you can also suddendly be under the powerkid that is mainly rude, ignorant and frustrated, unable to control the situation, setting up your rota to damage your personal life just for fun, or shouting at you in front of the others, bringing you quickly at the point that you're forced to leave the company or ask a transfer to another shop.

I really like the idea of Pret, but there are still some problems that can ruin entirely your experience.
Pros
Free lunches, uniform, very good HR management, weekly payments
Cons
Powerkid rude lower management, overpressure on work, mystery shopper random
Ambiente de trabajo distendido y divertido.
Cocinero y camarero (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester19 February 2018
Magnifica lo recomiendo por la comodidad en la que se trabaja.
Great Culture and people practices
Senior Learning & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 February 2018
Look after their people well, work life balance encouraged, generous benefits, hard work rewarded, long term service rewarded, very hard to say any thing other than positives
Pros
location
Cons
location!
Career expectations
Assistant Manager - Front of House (Current Employee) –  London9 February 2018
Career expectations are cool as it’s rewarded the hard work and team work.
Great environment although it could be more human than it’s actually at the moment.
Fun and friendly
Barista (Former Employee) –  Tower Hill Station31 January 2018
I enjoyed my time a pret it was an amazing experience for me meet a lot of people and learned a lot about preparing food. It is a good job for younger adults to try out
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Don’t have none
Good Workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London30 January 2018
Stable job and a good working environment, the energy in Pret is good as everyone is working hard no one slacks and there are many benefits including mystery shopper (extra £1 p/h) and also free lunch and breakfast.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Kitchen managers tend to pressure employees excessively
Gran aprendizaje
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Londres30 January 2018
En Pret aprendi sobre todo a trabajar bajo presión y a motivar al equipo
Good company
Gerente en funciones (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2018
Very hard work but best company ive worked for work/life balance not so good but also depends on the level of work people are amazing and it's very supportive
Productive workplace
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2018
Interesting job in terms of a personal experience living abroad. Stressful. Lots of staff, people start and quit all the time. You get to know many different people but nobody really stands for the job. Good for starting in a new city.
Fun place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London19 January 2018
Good company, good management and good payment.
People are lovely, Happy atmosphere, great parties ...ones a month we have friday night drinks...50% discount
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Cutting hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.