Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Horrible but pays well
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow11 October 2019
If you want to be worked to the bone with absolutely zero praise for your efforts and suffering then this is the job for you. Amazing in the beginning - showered with benefits and entitlements and opportunities to advance. Terrible once you see how horribly mismanaged and micromanaged the company is. Zero care for human beings and nothing but boosting sales and company growth.
Amazing
Barista, Pret A Manger (Current Employee) –  St. Martin’s lane9 October 2019
It is a good place to work. The team and the managers are absolutely amazing. I enjoy to work with them, I have fun even if sometimes it’s stressful.
unclear recruitment process
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station9 October 2019
On the trial shift despite of I did all required tasks good I was unsuccesful for this job role because - in manager's opinion - I did not ask any questions regarding my job done there. I did not ask any questions as I knew what I do. It's was funny to me. Big disapointment !
Pleasant and kind workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Victoria9 October 2019
Other team members were so kind and ready to help in a heartbeat! The communications were amazing and everybody got on really well. This is a place where you can develop many skills and can feel easily at home.
Not the best
Employment - Pret A Manger (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 October 2019
Honestly, the people in my shop aren’t bad, but I’m not enjoying my job. For the amount of work I do, I think i should be paid more. So much stress and long hours. Getting mystery shopper can be quite hard as you have to be bubbly and happy in front of all customers when in reality you hate the job and sometimes it shows. Need to leave ASAP.
Getting brainwhased
Hot Chef (Former Employee) –  Victoria, Greater London6 October 2019
They will brainwash you and make you believe you're as important as a surgeon while making sandwiches. Your're playing with lives my manager used to say regarding to manage sesame in the kitchen.
Overall it’s very nice place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London4 October 2019
I would Pret A Manger is one of the great jobs in terms of pay wise as it is weekly pay and the wage rate it’s high compare to other retailers. Flexible hours. Break paid, free food in break time and 50% of to all the employees in every pret across the UK.
From bad to worse
team member star (Former Employee) –  london2 October 2019
Pret was already a very hard place to work but now it's even worse. Since the changes and customers died we have no trust in Pret. We work very hard and fast without proper training. I leanred to multitask, but the stress is too much.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
stress, no training, pay is not good for the amount we work, no trust in the brand
Busy environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Euston, Greater London29 September 2019
Busy environment,stress,happy team,customers,overall ok,but sometimes situations come and you can’t control them. Shops are always busy,shifts start very early on the morning. Teams are amazing,working super hard every single minute of the day.
Driven by quantity
Barista Maestro (Current Employee) –  Manchester29 September 2019
Quality of drinks is poor
Management tell you off for trying to make you drinks of the standard customers expect
Good If you dont care about what yo making
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unsocaiable hours
Corrupt!
taem member (Former Employee) –  London East, Greater London27 September 2019
I'm very disapointed in having believed the lies and slogans that pret is a great place to work. Workers are treated like slaves and only when you male friend with manager you get promotion. There are too many lies and work is to hard, the pay is so bad.
Do yourself a favour, don't even start at pret. You will be taken advantige of.
stressful and replaceable
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh19 September 2019
the team is amazing, and it is good to have a laugh. However, very early starts and you are pressured to perform from the minute you arrive to them unite you leave with sometimes additional work to do. Management do not care for you, which leaves you feeling replaceable, even if you are the hardest working person it is not good enough or more is expected
Not good!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London18 September 2019
I liked interacting with customers, seeing the smiles on their faces when I gave something on the house and achieving bonus for the team. That being said, the mystery shopper bonus system is unfair and unachievable if not micromanaged. Giving free coffees turns into a discipline to keep the budget. Not fun. Loved the team but management needs major improving.
Pros
Lovely team and hard working people
Cons
Super bad management and low pay for too much hard work.
Decent Team, Hard to work for
Barista/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road18 September 2019
The amount of times I’ve had to throw myself in front of my team and some random drunk person. There’s not much security. People always stealing. Sometimes things are made harder than they should be as
Bad company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station16 September 2019
I worked there more than A year , Stressful job , arrogant mangers if you are a friend of any manger there they will look after you and give you more hours to work and make you not doing hard , the head office is covering the mangers if you did complain , expired ingredients, our team leaders told us to use the expired ingredients sometimes, really it’s the most disappointing place ever , I show photos of expired stuff to the head office but they didn’t take any action
Stressful, not worth
Barista (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London16 September 2019
Pret is a waste of time! We work like slaves, don't get paid living wage, bonus system is broken when mystery shopper has a bad day we pay for it. Managers sit in office bossing us around like animal!
Very poorly run company.
Toxic and stressful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Southwark, Greater London16 September 2019
Pret A Manger looks nice from the outside but when you actualy work there you experience a very differnet picture to what they promise. The pay is very bad for the amount of work and micromanaging were doing. Work for another company were you will be treated humane.
Pros
hardworking work mates friends
Cons
Everything! Pay is bad, stress, fast pace, dishonest leadership, nin caring HR
Was a great company to work, now it’s rubbish
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Victoria, Greater London15 September 2019
Was a great company to work for, , but from last year, new owners, and new work culture, was Implemented, now it’s rubbish. It’s a shame , as I used to love this company .
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Notting Hill Gate Station12 September 2019
I think pret is a nice place to work and they give you free meals. The pay is weekly which is a bonus. The teams are nice and uniform is provided. However there is a lack of organisation especially with the working rota. You only get the rota a day before the week starts
Pros
Free lunch, half price when you are not at work
Overbaring - Exausting - Badly paid
kitchen team member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2019
Pret a Manger is exausting, they stress you out for tiny things and when you are behind schedule for minutes. Leaders like to sit in office, push us when we don't work fast but they don't help. Very low morale.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.