Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Friendly Colleagues, Atmosphere, Opportunities
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Gateshead14 July 2018
My time working there was very motivational for me as I was always encouraged to try something that I've never done before such as making certain types of coffees, learning different methods of doing things etc. A typical day would include changing out bins, clearing tables of rubbish and dishes/trays, cleaning the food prep areas like the kitchen and coffee making areas. General cleaning as well was a big part especially during the lunch rush and before closing. The hardest part of the job for me was maintaining a fast pace especially during peak times as customers, tables and orders needed to be tended to very frequently. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting the customers that come through every day, they would get to know me and have a chat during calmer times, it was also a personal achievement of mine to work at a coffee shop.
Pros
Free Lunch, Close to frequent public transport
Cons
Located in a shopping center
Team member
member of staff (Former Employee) –  Shordich27 June 2018
I have worked there just 2 weeks and left .Horrible place they shout at you all the time for any little mistake.Also the working time is crazy from 5 am which mean you have to wake up 3am ,all the time push you to be more and more quickly treat you like a robot not a human being ,the kitchens are very small also ,everybody grab ingredients and nobody answer if you ask so when you open new box again you are in mistake.Dumb and bossy staff members.If you are not in surviving situation as I was when worked there better don't start ,only if you have to survive and this is the only one option for week or two .
Excellent
Team Member Star (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 June 2018
Good work/life balance. Good benefits. Good pay. Overall very good. I specifically enjoy the affective labour that Pret draws out from all staff. Initially it was burdensome, but then the enjoyment of working there became real.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes tedious
Terrible
Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee) –  Luton Airport13 June 2018
Worked in the kitchen for 2 weeks then walked.

Reasons for this:
- Start time is 4 am, which meant getting up at 2:30 am due to transportation.

- Overbearing management which constantly harases you over their 6 key points of production, duties that could wait until your finished preparing food, your speed needing to be better.( Hint speed comes with practice not right away)

- Kitchen is way too small for the amount of workers and everyone is always running around looking for ingredients that someone else has, if call out for it no one answers and after you open a new container you will be in for it with a team leader.

- Vast majority of co-workers are not English and always talk around you in their own language ( the idiots don't realize that you can read their body language and so can tell when their talking about you)

- If you leave a knife (serrated with no pointed tip so no risk of impalement) on your work bench to do anything such, pick something you dropped, move something on your bench or hand something to someone and team leader see's then your in trouble.

- Being lectured on how the label is a clock and so needs to be straight every time it's even slightly crooked. No you morons the label is colour coded for the time of day it was used at, the label is in fact just a static image that never changes.

- I felt like I was treated like I am an idiot by the team leaders. If I made a mistake when making a sandwich I would have to be retaught everything about it even though everything else I had done up to that point was correct.

Don't work here if
  more... you value your sanity.  less
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pretty much everything
Unorganized management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marylebone, Greater London23 May 2018
If you don't want a lot of stress in your life, avoid this place. Unorganized management always pushes you to finish in time and a lot of time they forget to pay you out. I had to stay plus 30 minutes a plenty of times after my shift ended. Also they don't pay well the holiday hours! A lot of dumb and disrespectful employees. Very unfair company
Pros
Unorganized
Cons
Free meal
Productive and fun work place
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  London21 May 2018
High productivity in high pressure and good incentives for the team members. Many nice night out, sense of belonging, amazing fresh food. Clear objectives, great initiatives
Pros
Fresh food
Cons
Low pay
Fun place to work
Hot food chef (Current Employee) –  London19 May 2018
Very good company you meet a lot of people from all over the world. Each day is special as you never know what to expect you might meet someone famous.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 May 2018
Pret a Manger company is very good, everyone is working hard, but happy team happy customers ,warm atmosphere,
Every month we have some new updates from our head office, new information for the team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No weekends off
productivity
Barista (Current Employee) –  Leeds8 May 2018
they are very focused on customer service! which is great cause you will earn a lot of experience how to communicate with customers and how to adapt at this!
oportunidades de crecimiento
Barista (Former Employee) –  morgate , london5 May 2018
Pret and mager es una excelente compania para desarrollarte en muhos aspectos, tienes oportunidades de crecer , tienes que trabajar muy bien en equipo y aprender de otras personas, en ocasiones puedes ser estresante pero esto te ensena a trabajar bajo presion. se aprende mucho tanto de los companeros como de los clientes, ademas tienes muchas responsabilidades y confian en ti.
Pros
bonus por, contrato permante
Best Job ever -Made lots of friends
General Manager (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London2 May 2018
Well what can i say - great place to work , great people amazing food and such amazing management teams . This company goes over and beyond to support their people
Pros
Food
Happy Place!
Team Member Star (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2018
If you love to work with positive and great people- pret Is a place for you :) . In Pret a Manger is almost always busy, you never waste your time. Customers are a funny people, you can talk with them about everything!
Pros
Free lunches, great people, perfect food and drinks, Gold card!
Cons
Cut off the bonus after your mistake
crazy about standards
barista/hot chef (Current Employee) –  Angel Station24 April 2018
One of the best places to work in hospitality. The number of benefits you will get from this company are numerous: from a paid break to free food. Also parties, pension plans, great opportunities to relocate...It is also a place about standards and high productivity, so do not expect a quiet environment. Be ready to work hard and have fun.
Good benefits, poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 April 2018
Although the job pays well for a customer service role, I found that my time here was heavily mismanaged, and that it was expected of me to frequently exceed my weekly hours.

Although some staff were very friendly and a pleasure to work with, others seemed to get a thrill from unnecessarily bossing team members around, and were generally pretty lazy.
is very hard to work thar.
Pret A Manger Europe (Former Employee) –  London and Windsor18 April 2018
Some times is easy, but when is busy the shop is very, very HARD to work in Pret a Manger.
ace-lent customer service.
The hard of part of the job is when someone call sic and you are in a charge in shop floor and your team ask you when can I go for break an you need to say later because is busy the shop.
Pros
Cons
8 hours
great team
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road9 April 2018
They pay the holyday, nice manager, great people in the team , posibility to share break, good benefits, nice environment, I didn't like because was to far of my home
Pros
free lunches
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edgware Road8 April 2018
i work in the night that is very busy. i learned to be organized and ready. there is so much energy and team work. I like very much the design of the place.
Pros
Free lunches
great experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 April 2018
busy food shop with loads of training done on staff and with support from the team leaders and the managers to sustain a good work environment and with decent wages
Marta
Jenuary2017 Leader (Current Employee) –  London31 March 2018
I am self-motivated and ambitious person with a passion for details and challenges. My Personal Key Skills include a high attention and focus to detail, customer service, problem-solving skills, decision making, and confidence..
I also consider myself a quick learner able to work under pressure, always full of enthusiasm and new ideas
Fantastic team work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  125 old broad street29 March 2018
Pret A Manger is a phenomenal company to work for. Pret has given me the knowledge and the confidence to manage the business and its people effectively
Pros
Bonus scheme
Cons
Sometime unsociable hours (depending on location)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.