Prestige Nursing and Care Employee Reviews

Outstanding agency to work for
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tetbury, Gloucestershire3 October 2018
I have worked for prestige for just over a year now what a fantastic supportive company to work for. The staff in the office are amazing very friendly and there when you need them for personal reasons or for help at work. Great job benefits too, I have been looking to do Nvq for 6 years now but no one would put me through it, prestige did im due to finish it soon. The clients are great too an all round great company to work for 😊
Proactive, professional, friendly care company
Carer (Current Employee) –  Tetbury, Gloucestershire3 October 2018
I have only worked for prestige for a couple of months but I have no complaints at all so far! Staff are pleasant and professional, you choose your own hours and there is NO pressure if you don't want a shift that is offered to you. The salary is good and I am offered plenty of work. Very pleased with my job!
Pros
Friendly staff, good rates of pay, flexibility
Awful place / management avoid!!!!
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire5 November 2018
Horrible company to work for , no mileage allowance and long breaks in between clients, a long 15 hour day equals about 9 hours pay.
Management is the worst I've come across, constantly made to feel guilty for not being able to do calls.
The only pro was the lovely clients! Avoid at all costs .
Pros
The clients
Cons
No mileage allowance/ 8 hour day =about 5 hours pay !, bad management
Friendly Office Team always happy to help with any queries you may have
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire and Cheltenham3 October 2018
I really enjoy working for Prestige Nursing and Care. They are a very professional and friendly organisation to work for. The training is always up to date and well managed. They are always at the end of the phone should you need them through your work day. They offer varied work to suit how and what you like to work with. Working agency is great as you have the flexibility of when you want to work. They as an agency offer a very good rate of pay and you get paid weekly. You also get holiday pay which is banked and you can take it when you like.
Long days, work not guaranteed, no mileage for travel at start or end of shift
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fife9 September 2018
I agree fully with the negative reviews, these mirror my own thoughts on the job. I love being a carer and have a great relationship with all of the clients, this is overshadowed by the stress of rushing around desperately trying to be on time for each visit. Some visits allocate 5-10 min travel time some allocate no time so you have no choice but to arrive late. Elite claim to fit the care around clients yet they constantly change times and carers without even notifying clients. I was not made aware when recruited I would be relief variable hours and had to work out myself I would not be guaranteed hours - recruiting new workers all the time because so many people leave! Split shifts with anything from 2 to 6 hour gaps! They don’t care if you have family or other commitments! Rota changed frequently and pestered on days off to cover sickness, I will be looking for alternative employment
Pros
The clients and some coworkers
Cons
Split shifts with 4-6 hour gaps
Well Organised and High Standards
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire Branch30 September 2018
Prestige Nursing and Care is the best care company I have worked for. Prestige Nursing and Care offers excellent training and support. There is a vast choice of work available. You are given the opportunity to work in many aspects of care. There is a lot of flexibility and you are rewarded well for the work that you do. Excellent office support. You feel part of one big family. I would highly recommend working for Prestige Nursing and Care.
Pros
Flexibility, Vast choice of work available, Excellent Training
Carer/Support Worker
Carer Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire28 December 2017
I am working for Prestige since March 2017. This is the best care company I have worked for. Professional staff and training. Very good management and salary (paid weekly). I am very happy with them.
Pros
Salary, People, Management, Working hours, Paid weekly
Cons
No mileage
Fab place to work
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tetbury, Gloucestershire3 October 2018
Prestige is a fab place to work for not only understanding family life and being supported to you as a person but understanding your needs in your care work .. full training is given and a fun way to learn so even if your a carer or new to the job, it's a fab way to better yourself as other courses are available.. full support from the office team who are always free to talk to about anything
Pros
Really freindly and helpful supportive office staff
Cons
None I love my job
Badly organised
Carer (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City5 July 2018
A lot of gaps in your shift pattern Sometimes out for 12 hours but only getting paid for 6-7 hours Bad communication Co-ordinators have a bad attitude Sometimes speak to you like dirt. Seen a lot of good carers working with clients Obviously doing it for the love of it as get nothing but grief from the company ! Would have stayed if they treated you better
Pros
satisfaction providing much needed care for some clients
Cons
Clients are sometimes miles apart and don’t get enough travelling time
Good team
Business co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Highbridge30 October 2018
Great place to work for good team spirit, nice surrounding and people you work with are nice, good place to work for and good support. Get a permanent position and your made.
Excellent work environment with friendly staff
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, ENG9 June 2014
A typical day at work would be caring for the community and giving something back to them, this is a very rewarding job with a lot of perks, competitive salary and I fully enjoy it.
I have learned a lot whilst being with Prestige in the caring field.
Management are amazing, all friendly and happy to help with any needs you may have and are fully flexible.
The hardest part is the overcoming obstacles in day to day findings.
The most enjoyable part is the rewarding feeling and the satisfaction you get for helping out the community.
Pros
Salary
Great place to work.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire3 April 2018
Fantastic organisation to work for. Management excellent , support and listen to you as a worker. I’ve Always been well respected and never been pushed into any work , if I would rather not. Wonderful team and care for both their clients and staff. Would definitely recommend.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Fun environment and friendly team
Care Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes13 May 2018
Very good company to work for, great atmosphere and productive. Colleagues are very friendly and welcoming. The work itself is lovely, would recommend a position.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of progression opportunity's
run for the hills
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross21 April 2018
Unprofessional company. There are so many support jobs out there, so pick anyone apart Elite.

The shifts are terrible and they constantly make mistakes with your pay. Nobody ever gets back to you when you query your pay so it takes ages to usually rectify.
Pros
Cons
rubbish working conditions
Caring place to work
Care Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 February 2018
Great company to work for, gain a great knowledge of the caring industry.
Enjoyed working with a wide range of clients and colleagues.
Very rewarding work
Pros
Free training
Care Manager
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon11 April 2017
A good company to work for, excellent training. Rewarding and a good team, supportive management with good promotional prospects if you are prepared to relocate.
Pros
Pension, member benefits
Cons
Stressful
Please Read!
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Burntisland, Kinghorn and Western Kirkcaldy15 November 2017
Terrible job! Firstly all the workers complain about one another. The management are useless! Quite alot of places dont even have care plans and you're chucked in there expected to be telepathic and perform miracles. Your told in training you are just to prompt meds. no you will be administering without the appropriate training. Dealing with catheters without knowing the person your visiting even has one. Full time workers beware. Your only paid for the time your in the house! You have alot of 15min and 30min visits thats barely any wage time and you spend all your time traveling for free not making a buck! A 8hr shift is like a 13hour day every day as traveling not counted. You will finish one house and be expected to get to another in 5min when it takes at least 20min. You will always be behind.Forget any social life you have. Forget even eating properly or getting to toilets cause you wont! When you finally think your getting somewhere think again! Managers will keep adding clients to your list throughout the day so your always checking you phone! Even at 9.30pm you get more added!This job will kill your soul!
Cons
Shambles, senior management a complete joke
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ipswich23 January 2018
This company is run by complete incompetent imbeciles. They do not care about their service users least of all their staff. They sold out to the highest bidder, just another indication of the lack of foresight and greed. Unable to facilitate work for current carers due to lack of incoming contracts. What a bunch of muppets- do not work for them.
productive and fun place to work
Health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent18 April 2016
At times the shifts can get really hectic, but at the same time it is very rewarding. I get to help people, the pay is very good, and their are other benefits as well
Pros
petrol paid for
Not great
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fife30 January 2018
Lacks communication. Always asking you to cover sickness and do extra work due to lack of staff but once new staff taken on then loyal staff lose their hours blaming your availability. Not great company to work if you have family and there is little to no support for staff.
Pros
Cons
Often sitting around for hours in a car awaiting next shift to start